May 5, 2006

Today JB and I have been married for five years. Five!

50506_98.jpg
One of our first dates; this is early 1999, I think. Notice anything weird about this photo, other than our vibrant youth (does JB look fifteen here, or what)? I totally Photoshopped out my armband tattoo so JB could send the picture to his parents.

(They know about it now, of course, and since I have finally provided them with a male heir to the JB dynasty I believe it’s possible I have been at least partially forgiven.)

50506_engdg00.jpg
The moment JB proposed, caught on camera on New Year’s Eve, 2000 (the armband is back!).

50506_church.jpg
Our wedding day in 2001.

50506_honmoon01.jpg
Our honeymoon; we took a cruise to the Western Carribbean.

50506_02.jpg
A random moment from 2002.

50506_cruise03.jpg
Another cruise, this one to Mexico in 2003.

50506_04.jpg
Hiking somewhere near Coos Bay in 2004.

50506_05hawaii.jpg
Pregnant in Hawaii in 2005.

Oh, five years have just flown by. I look back on these photos and remember all that we’ve done, all the days and moments that we were together, and I feel impossibly rich; I am so lucky, we are so good for each other.

My future has never shone so brightly. My past has never seemed so worthy. I feel like I am perfectly aimed, I am walking in the right direction, hand in hand.

Happy anniversary, baby.

43006_family.jpg

Comments

63 Responses to “Cinco de Mayo”

1. christen on May 5th, 2006 8:44 pm

That is a WHOLE lot of empty wine glasses in that honeymoon pic. Were you just starting, or just finishing??

2. sundry on May 5th, 2006 8:49 pm

Just finishing, I think. It was “wine tasting night” on the cruise ship.

3. Jo on May 6th, 2006 2:49 am

Do you ever age, even a little? You look exactly the same in all the pictures – and that wedding photo my GOD that’s beautiful.

And i disagree with one of the comments above – JB without the facial hair is indeed very handsome but with? GGGGRRRRRRR!

Congratulations to both of you!

4. thejunebug on May 6th, 2006 3:24 am

You are both impossibly cute!

I have to convince my workaholic husband to take more vacations. And no, I do not count visiting his parents as being a vacation.

5. Jenny on May 6th, 2006 8:22 am

The church where y’all got married is just gorgeous. Is it in Washington?

6. sundry on May 6th, 2006 9:17 am

It’s on Orcas Island: http://www.victorianvalleychapel.com/

7. MommyMaki on May 6th, 2006 2:42 pm

Congrats to 5 years!

8. justmouse on May 6th, 2006 6:39 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! such a cute couple. and yes, JB does look at least 15 in that first picture!

9. Susie on May 7th, 2006 8:51 pm

Hey! You have the same anniversary as my parents. And ours is May 3.

Happy anniversary!

10. Lisa Ann on May 8th, 2006 9:35 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JB & SUNDRY.

A bit belated but heartfelt nonetheless!

Wishing you many more years of happiness.

11. Lisa S. on May 8th, 2006 11:00 am

I’m so glad you linked that chapel — it’s so beautiful.

As, of course, are you and your husband and your baby. What a great photo history of the last six years (incl. dates) — I especially adore that engagement photo. I think we have the same engagement anniversary (Jan 1, 00)?

12. Kim on April 28th, 2007 3:48 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. My husband and I were married on May 5, 2006 in Gulf Shores,AL in their cute little Chapel.

It will be our first anniversary.

Take care,

Kim

13. Cinco de Mayo All amp Sundry | Wood TV Stand on May 31st, 2009 3:06 pm

[…] Cinco de Mayo All amp Sundry Posted by root 37 minutes ago (http://www.sundrymourning.com) You two are so cute and this whole thing is so touching i can 39 t stand it the 5th anniversary of the night i met my husband all hail cinco de mayo Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Cinco de Mayo All amp Sundry […]