May 27, 2006

The boy was in a bad mood.

We weren’t sure why.

Maybe it was his hair.

52706_hair.jpg

I tried to entertain him with quotes from The Shining.

52706_danny.jpg

“Danny’s not here, Mrs. Torrance. Danny can’t wake up. Danny’s gone away, Mrs. Torrance.”

He was still in a bad mood.

We tried distracting him with toys.

52706_toys.jpg

But he was still grumpy.

What’s wrong, Riley?

Are you hungry?

Tired?

Have you fallen to the bottom of an abandoned oil well?

52706_back.jpg

Okay, fine. Be that way.

Heyyy….Riley…

Come to candy mountain, Riley. Let’s go to candy mountain, Riley.

Yeah, Riley. We’re going on an adventure, Riley.

Riiiiilleeeeeyyy…..we’re on a bridge, Riley.

52706_candy.jpg

Ahh. That’s better.

Comments

23 Responses to “Candy mountain”

1. fifi on May 27th, 2006 5:08 pm

Quotes from “The Shining” indeed! Wait till he’s riding his wee trike round and round the house, you’ll have soooo many Shining-inspired moments together! I can see you now, hunched over your keyboard, the words “All Sundry and no play” forming over and over on the screen….

2. Betsy on May 27th, 2006 5:21 pm

This entire post made me giggle.

3. Robin on May 27th, 2006 5:22 pm

Weird. The minute that started my 15 month old dropped his toy and ran over and stood transfixed. I bookmarked it for future distaction purposes…heh.
    De-lurking to comment…love your blog and am thrilled to have double doses these days.

4. pippa on May 27th, 2006 6:07 pm

I’m not sure which is worse… that I WATCHED that video to the end or that Tattoo, who has been fussing ALL DAMN DAY, sat still and stared for the entire three minutes and 32 seconds or whatever it was.

Then again, Beanie was fond of “Pie” from Weebl & Bob and Buster would sit for hours while I played Bounce Out with the sound turned way up. Mother of the Year, that’s me!

5. Emily on May 27th, 2006 6:29 pm

That was almost as good as the llama song. Except a little more disturbing.

6. Danell on May 27th, 2006 6:55 pm

uuuuhhhh…huh?

7. Kari on May 27th, 2006 7:25 pm

That was phenonimal. Starla LOVED it. -.-

8. JJ on May 27th, 2006 7:31 pm

THANK YOU for that. Seriously. I’m not an infant, but I can’t get enough.

9. kara marie on May 27th, 2006 7:56 pm

Wow.

But shouldn’t those horns be somewhere else? Say…more on the tips of their noses?

10. Tina on May 27th, 2006 11:19 pm
  11. Alex on May 28th, 2006 12:15 am

HA!

12. eileen on May 28th, 2006 9:20 am

I watched that video last night before I went to bed (via your link) and woke up this morning giggling to myself as I called out, “Chhhhaarrlie, chaaaarlie, chhhhhaarlie, we’re on a bridge, chaaarlie…” So much quoting potential, my friends will suffer for at least a good two weeks. If I’m nice I’ll give the link so they might know what I’m on about.

13. victoria on May 28th, 2006 10:19 am

HILARIOUS!

14. thejunebug on May 28th, 2006 4:11 pm

Heh. Damn scary video. And ooh, G5 — though doesn’ the fan on that drive you INSANE? It’s so loud!

15. Anonymous on May 29th, 2006 3:46 am

Google

Google news and reviews

16. sundry on May 29th, 2006 7:44 am

Kara Marie: HA!

junebug: My iMac doesn’t make much noise at all, at least not compared to JB’s loud-ass Toshiba. Maybe there’s something going on with your system? Or maybe I am deaf.

17. Erin on May 29th, 2006 9:31 am

haha! that is one of the funniest things i think i’ve seen! i LOVE it! :)
    thanks for sharing!

18. Mona on May 29th, 2006 1:19 pm

There will be many faux-hawks in my son’s future. He first has to grow enough hair.

19. Caitlin on May 30th, 2006 9:56 am

The photo of Riley giving you the tiny cold shoulder is so freaking cute…Must. Tickle. Baby. Feet!

20. dogpossum on June 2nd, 2006 5:47 am

you totally have to post that pic of baby-with-toys on stuff on my cat (http://www.stuffonmycat.com/)

21. Allan Davies on January 14th, 2007 2:19 am

Google is the best search engine

22. Livea on March 8th, 2015 3:36 am

I’ve been wanting to read the help for so long. I’ve heard great thnigs from so many people. I just never find time to read when I’m chasing a toddler around all day and running a business from home I love that line from the skin you live in. So beautiful. I might have to get that for my little boy.

23. online degree on April 20th, 2015 9:22 am

Bill:This trip into Sonora reminds me of farming by SC Pueblo people in the 1940s. We plowed with horses, irrigating from the Rio or SC Creek, daily we nurtured corn, blue, flint corn, and sweet corn, melons in another field, alfalfa and hay for the horses for winter feed. On the high plateaus, we grew pinto beans by dry farming. Praying for rain. One man, Rumaldo, had rich gardens at the mouth of SC Canyon. He grew tomatoes, cantaloupe, sweet peas, sweet corn, squash and he had orchards of peaches, apricots, apples. “Lumando” shared his bounty by driving his wagon to all houses, inviting people in the Pueblo to pick their choice of fresh fruits, veggies. Generosity. T