Oh how I love the internet. For it has given me Ceiling Cat. And Hammer-Bitchslapping Cat. And Freaky Biped Dog (I sent that link to a coworker, who wrote back “It walks as we do! ARMAGEDDON”). And The Hardest Working Dog in Show Business.

Man, that last one is so awesome it actually made me tear up a little bit. What a great dog. I can’t help but think the dog is enjoying himself/herself, but I suppose that woman has raw liver stuffed down her pants or something.

Comments

22 Responses to “Some random links for your viewing pleasure”

1. briar on June 6th, 2006 5:33 pm

That cat/hammer video was hilarious, but it bugged me because I totally recognized the song, but couldn’t immediately place it. So within a minute, I had openened itunes and figured out it was Keane’s Bedshaped. Hilarious.

I didn’t have anything brilliant to say, just delurking here. I love your posting, and Riley is like crack. You’re the dealer and I need the stuff (the stuff being baby photos).

2. Amalah on June 6th, 2006 6:07 pm

Seriously, what did people DO before the Internet? I mean, how could you possibly lead a full life without seeing this sort of totally awesome stuff?

You couldn’t. You just. Couldn’t.

3. Kerri on June 6th, 2006 7:46 pm

So, I’m feeling like a total sap for tearing up watching that awesome dog until I read the rest of your post and found that apparently I’m not the only one. What is it about that that’s so touching? The dog looks like he’s just so filled with joy. Which also sounds sappy, but whatever.

4. sundry on June 6th, 2006 8:06 pm

Okay, seriously the very best thing about the internet is that I learn I’m not the only one to freak out about those dough containers and I’m not the only one who got teary about that dog video.

5. Lesley on June 6th, 2006 9:09 pm

Your dog would do all the same moves…in a swimming pool!

6. Lesley on June 6th, 2006 9:17 pm

Speaking of animal hilarity, check out this site – squirrels with cameras.

7. Jem on June 6th, 2006 10:17 pm

This has nothing to do with the post at all, but I was reading your archives and you said if you had a girl you were going to name her something starting with M? What name was that? (Curiosity killed the cat. Also, masturbation)

8. kara marie on June 7th, 2006 5:17 am

Add me to the teary list.

Also slightly creeped out. But teary!

9. Holly on June 7th, 2006 6:08 am

I was in Oklahoma City a few weeks ago and I totally saw Faith walking around in the mall. I stopped and did a double take and then whispered to my boyfriend, “Oh. My. God. That dog was totally on Oprah a few months ago.”

10. biodtl on June 7th, 2006 6:28 am

I watched the last one before I finished reading, and I felt slightly less stupid to know I wasn’t alone in getting all teary. I figured it was just because I had a smart, awesome golden that I miss very much.

11. ls on June 7th, 2006 8:23 am

I almost snorted coffee out my nose when I saw ceiling cat.

12. Leah on June 7th, 2006 9:55 am

My cat likes to slap the soy sauce bottle (dirty?!), and will someone please give that woman some rhythm?

13. Elleana on June 7th, 2006 10:31 am

The biped dog kinda freaked me out. I kept thinking, won’t that dog need new hips after all that walking on two legs? But what a sweet looking dog.

And the dancing dog – well, I just thought that was adorable. Makes me want to take him out to the park and toss a frisbee so he can get some “me” time.

14. Mary on June 7th, 2006 10:35 am

I found this on the http://www.faiththedog.net site:
    Can’t wait! We’re going to Ft. Lewis on June 8-11, and we’re going to have the best of the best of the best of times. Look out Army and Air Force personnel….you may actually get Reuben to sign up! (I believe he’s wanting to be a Ranger, but you guys can fight over him.) Faith is excited: I just mentioned Starbucks in Seattle, and well…she jumped into the air, and danced. Oh wait, that was me! But she’s excited too. She’s going to see lots of great people, and I know they’ll be sneaking her in some bacon and gummi bears! Looking forward to it guys!

Look for Faith walking around in Seattle!

15. wn on June 7th, 2006 1:06 pm

I got the stingy-nosed thing…but it also kinda makes me think my dog might be half retarded.

I love him and all….but we could train 24/7 and he’d NEVER be able to do the first 10 seconds of that routine. Goofy bastard.

16. Niki P on June 8th, 2006 4:25 am

the dog video… Oh My Gawd the dog video. I am sitting here at my desk bawling my eyes out. I lost my golden last year. My kids have been pestering me for another but I just can’t see how right now. I want another! Wahhhhhh….
    Dammit I will make it work!

17. Maki on June 8th, 2006 10:41 am

I was so surprised about the Biped dog. I have never seen anything like that in my life. WOW. Thanks for the great links!

18. victoria on June 9th, 2006 7:26 am

I loved the dancing dog. You could tell he was totally happy.

19. Gentry on June 10th, 2006 2:14 am

My cat thwaps my dog like the hammer bitchslapping cat all the time. She’s pulled that clawless bitchslap on me a few times too. It actually hurts a little.

20. MATTY! on June 10th, 2006 10:16 am

That cat picture about killed me when I opened it up. Fantastic.

And that biped dog video! Oh my jesus! I didn’t know whether to point and laugh hysterically or cry. So I did a little bit of both. Most enjoyable.

21. Rebecca on June 13th, 2006 2:25 pm

I totally should not have watched the “cat hits the fan” link that was on the site with the cat hitting the hammer.

22. Whitters on June 19th, 2006 2:39 pm

Rebecca – No worries…no cats were harmed in the making of the “cat hitting the fan” video. It’s from a Nokia commercial. (Snopes article)