November 2, 2006

It’s been an oddly busy week, so please forgive my lack of updates here. (What’s that smell? Ew, stale website.)

Quick like a bunny before I head to work this morning:

• I posted a short Halloween video here, should you wish to see Riley in his Godzilla costume, and really, why wouldn’t you?
• I have too much leftover chocolate in the house and I think we may need an intervention, THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP
• I visited my friend Jen and her adorable baby yesterday and she took a photo of Riley and me on the playground slide that I think is my new favorite picture ever:

110106_slide.jpg

(Except, holy roots, batgirl! Pardon the grown-out highlights yet again.)

• I’m not the only one in this household who is SICK AND TIRED of political ads:

(We here at sundrymourning.com neither endorse nor oppose Darcy Burner, but we think that video is pretty damn funny.)

Finally, I leave you with a baby in a hamper, because can’t we all just sit back and enjoy some cruel, heartless exploitation? Won’t somebody think of the children, and what sorts of objects to stuff them inside for humorous gain?

110106_hamper.jpg

Comments

31 Responses to “Short collection of nothing much”

1. JennB on November 2nd, 2006 10:15 am

OK, the fact that your butt fits on a kid’s slide means that you have free license to eat as much chocolate as you want, lady. That is a great shot.

Also – first? (sorry, but WOW! that NEVER happens!)

2. MRW on November 2nd, 2006 10:15 am

Can I be the first comment? I promise I don’t stalk your website daily . . . ok that’s a lie. ANYWAY, my son loves to ride in the laundry basket – we zoom it all over the house at high speed until I am completely exhausted. So, we make our own fun.

Can’t help with the candy intervention because my mouth is constantly full of leftover Halloween candy so I’m unable to speak…

3. Melissa on November 2nd, 2006 10:19 am

You are definitely not the only one sick of political ads. I am especially sick of them because I live in Canada and we are not having an election here! (Darn Americans and your good TV shows.)

4. Kaire on November 2nd, 2006 10:26 am

“OK, the fact that your butt fits on a kid’s slide means that you have free license to eat as much chocolate as you want, lady. ”

Not to mention there is room on both sides. You don’t have a license to eat it, you have a responsibility to make us people who’s asses wouldn’t fit in that slide feel better. Eat up you skinny bitch! :)

5. Rumblelizard on November 2nd, 2006 10:38 am

I always buy Halloween candy I’d rather die than eat, like Mounds and Almond Joys. I hate coconut with an unholy passion, so I’m never, ever tempted to eat any leftovers. If I do have leftovers, I bring them to work and leave them in a public place and they disappear faster than you can say “I left some candy in the break room….oh, I guess it’s gone.” :D

6. Schnozz on November 2nd, 2006 10:52 am

Oh my gosh! That slide picture is ADORABLE.

Eat the chocolate. Do it. Consider that an order. Later you can blame me. I’m happy to be an enabler.

7. ADM on November 2nd, 2006 10:53 am

The cuteness of the boy in this post is just too much! I love the videos you’ve been posting lately – keep ’em coming!

8. Mama Ritchie on November 2nd, 2006 11:03 am

I just watched the Godzilla video and once Charlie heard the TMBG song, he climbed up on the couch, straining his neck to see the laptop screen. He LOVES that song. Riley makes one scary and adorable Godzilla. Attacking crackers everywhere!

9. Katie on November 2nd, 2006 11:18 am

Love the picture! I didn’t notice any root problem…just a very cute little guy with his mama!!

I love Riley’s take on the political ad. That is priceless!

10. Kelly on November 2nd, 2006 11:36 am

*LOVE* the slide pic! No wonder it’s one of your favourites. As for hamper/child torture… if it’s a toy hamper, sometimes they’ll climb in all on their own!

11. Philos on November 2nd, 2006 11:45 am

While I’m never one to disparage the use of They Might Be Giants, surely there ought to be a Riley-as-Godzilla video that uses “Godzilla” by Blue Oyster Cult? Because that would rock.

12. dorrie on November 2nd, 2006 11:56 am

God! When are you going to consider the ramifications of the blatant exploitation of your son!

Heee heee heee you totally crack me up. Kudos for making a statement in a non high school manner-

13. Ang on November 2nd, 2006 12:36 pm

I have man baby-in-basket pics. Even small-child-in-basket pics. What is it about being in there that they like so much?

14. Christine on November 2nd, 2006 1:03 pm

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE. Nothing good will come of all that candy in the house. Throw it away. To prevent dumbster-diving after said candy removal, (it happens in our house) poor something nasty over the candy mountain.

15. samantha on November 2nd, 2006 2:50 pm

The pic is great. I envy your skinny little ass.

16. Emily on November 2nd, 2006 3:01 pm

My parents stuffed me into laundry baskets, old diaper boxes, cubby holes, etc., when I was a baby, so I fully support you doing the same to Riley. (After all, I turned out fine …)

17. Anais on November 2nd, 2006 3:20 pm

That picture of Riley in the laundry hamper killed me. (Cause of death: Cuteness Overload!!!!)

18. wordgirl on November 2nd, 2006 4:01 pm

Cute pictures!! We need 12 Step Program for chocolate here, too.

19. KJ on November 2nd, 2006 4:17 pm

2 confessions: I so have that hamper and find it hillarious that your child is in it.
    Also, I loved hampers when I was a kid. Loved laundry baskets more though. I was often seen proudly strutting around the house with the laundry basket on my head. It was a helmet you see, and I was darth vader.
    Just remembered that for the first time in about 10 years actually. Must go wax nostalgic now.
    mmm. waxy nostalgia.

20. Shannon on November 2nd, 2006 5:09 pm

HA! Love the Darcy Burner video….what’s good for Washington….

I’m sick of them, too. Let’s get the 7th quicker so we can be done!!!

21. katie d on November 2nd, 2006 5:27 pm

PLEASE promise you will leave all the videos up at least until December, so that when i get home and finally have a good internet connection, i can see what i’ve been missing. ::sigh::

22. Mrs. Breedorf on November 2nd, 2006 10:18 pm

Wow, did I really take that photo? I have to get me one of those cameras like yours.

23. em on November 3rd, 2006 7:50 am
  24. ang on November 3rd, 2006 8:26 am

My sister and I used to load up in the laundry basket and ‘sled’ down the stairs. They were uncarpeted hardwood and SLICK!

Also, leftover Halloween candy? Yeah, I’m glad someone else can’t stay away from the mini-snickers. Little foil wrapped bites of delight. :-)

25. jen on November 3rd, 2006 9:20 am

frame worthy photo of you and riley!

and funny ass video. hahah.

26. ali on November 3rd, 2006 9:58 am

you call those roots???

27. jonniker on November 3rd, 2006 10:27 am

Are those Old Navy slouchy pants I spy?

28. Sundry on November 3rd, 2006 10:44 am

You bet your sweet slouchy-pantsed ass they are.

29. Audrey on November 3rd, 2006 3:16 pm

I was a cloth-diapered baby and there are lots of wonderful pictures of me and my cat (yes, a real, live one) with nothing but our heads poking out of mounds of freshly-laundered diapers — no laundry basket, but laundry, yes!

30. Kendra! on November 5th, 2006 8:45 am

Riley’s countenance is looking more and more mischievious with each passing day. “Oh please, Lord, please send me a son with crater dimples and a mischeivious smile like Riley…”

31. Chris Leachman on January 14th, 2007 2:18 am

Google is the best search engine