July 22, 2007

Every now and then someone emails me to ask about the Seattle weather, usually because they’re considering moving to the area and they want to know if it’s really as bad as people say. I have no good answer for this, because weather is one of those subjective things, and also because the weather here is so hard to describe. It’s definitely dreary and wet for many months out of the year, but not relentlessly so: in between those days you get the kind of weather that makes you happy to be alive: clean, crisp, unspeakably beautiful. I usually love the weather in the Pacific Northwest, it’s mild and the air tastes good and your skin never gets peely.

HOWEVER. It has now been raining for like a MILLION DAYS IN A ROW (okay, maybe five? BUT STILL), and it is JULY FOR FUCK’S SAKE. It’s stiflingly warm outside which makes everything humid and repulsive, like a panting dog’s breath all over your body, and our yard is a swampland filled with mud and probably alligators. I am TIRED of the rain, and the stickiness, and the amount of collateral damage that can be caused by one toddler with wet dogshit smashed into his shoe.

To be completely honest, I think the rain and the cabin-fever feeling are freaking me out because I’m looking ahead to February, when I’m going to be mostly trapped inside with a newborn and a toddler, oh my god, oh my god, that is going to be crazy. I mean . . . jesus. What were we thinking? Are we out of our goddamned minds?

Whoo. Ahem. See, that’s what a million several days of rain in the best part of summer can do to you. You should move here, because it’s awesome, but bring some Prozac. Oh, and a raincoat.

Preferably one with a frog on it:

873041663_2b2ac4a17c.jpg

873893384_a67ff61eae.jpg

873891862_0a2e82b487.jpg

By the way, am I the only person left on earth who hasn’t been gripped by PotterMania? I read the first couple books and enjoyed them just fine, then just sort of forgot to read the rest. I feel like I should finish the series, because clearly I’m missing out, but it seems like a dangerously slippery slope . . . one day you’re cracking open your first book, the next you’re drawing a zigzag on your forehead and camping outside of Barnes & Noble. Basically, I’m the clueless dolt in the back of the crowd at Jonestown, going “Hey, where’d you get that fruit punch?”

Comments

333 Responses to “Drippings”

1. french blue 7 on January 12th, 2016 5:06 pm

I truly appreciate this article.Really thank you! Want more.
    french blue 7

2. so kate louboutin on January 12th, 2016 5:07 pm

Dangote projects Africa鈥檚 potentials with Marketplace Africa on CNN | Guruspanel | No 1 Naija Entertainment | Tech |Music|Videos|And Naija freebrowsing Blog
    so kate louboutin

3. aqua 8s on January 12th, 2016 5:10 pm

Utilizing your five for you to half a dozen software programs in every flask, you shouldn鈥檛 have for people $30+ getting brownish naturally hair salon visitors for that aerosol brown now days! Individuals consume a fine sunless brown will be raving concerning Counterfeit Prepare ointment. It all details the whole set of widespread grievances for sunless tans plus would make the method better, sooner, plus faultless.
    aqua 8s

4. cheap nude shoes on January 12th, 2016 5:13 pm

Tier Three or more them the most costly soil and also there yow will discover type and luxury items. With Rosie’s Michael Kors Outlet Coupon Code 2012 Liquors during Abington, customers have been set up Michael By Michael Kors Handbags 9 so that you can 20 huge Feb 5th, nipping way up tequila, home wine and 30packs regarding light beer. Since monitor is certainly unisex Michael Kors Outlet Glendale (for the individuals), the band is quite smaller compared to of their big faced time pieces.
    cheap nude shoes

5. rebecca minkoff neon orange on January 17th, 2016 6:47 pm
  6. buy blade and soul gold on January 21st, 2016 12:07 am

I will be there for you.

7. Sylvia on January 21st, 2016 1:45 pm

Although being aware of keyword percentages is a good idea, it is more important that content be relevant
    and useful How To Locate The Right Carpet Cleaner For Your Home
    heating amp (Sylvia) the visitor.

When Page – Rank was patented the patent was assigned to Stanford
    University. I am hoping to show you that I can help you achieve top rankings in the
    sites like I have for all my other clients. Webmaster follows a long process to promote
    a website in top search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing).

8. Darwin on January 21st, 2016 5:00 pm

Each of them has a different function according to the
    intensity of the misspelled keywords. Two: Research different services – Assuming that you
    are going to hire someone to do it Suggestions For Choosing An Experienced Carpet Cleaner
    air conditioning repair georgetown tx (Darwin) you, the next step
    is to research as many different services as possible. Auro – IN has a strong team that is built on the delivery of outstanding campaign results, customer service
    and appreciation, and high levels of technical capabilities and values.
    A guy named Alan Emtage, a student at the University of Mc – Gill, developed the first search engine for the Internet in 1990.

9. Emil on January 21st, 2016 5:47 pm

Each of them has a different function according How To Find A Great Rug Cleaning Company
    heating problems (Emil) the intensity of the misspelled keywords.
    When Page – Rank was patented the patent was assigned to Stanford University.
    Thematic relevance is of key importance for the creation of quality backlinks.
    Eventbrite is an online party-planning tool with KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) design so it is
    usually a top rated choice among event planners (organizers).

10. air jordans uk size 11 mens on January 26th, 2016 1:59 pm
  11. blade & soul gold on January 26th, 2016 2:07 pm

Hold it!

12. FIFA 15 Coins on January 26th, 2016 2:16 pm

Im very pleased with your work.

13. nfl nike jersey size chart youth justice on January 26th, 2016 2:21 pm
  14. patagonia tierra del fuego turismo on January 26th, 2016 2:29 pm
  15. balde & soul gold on January 26th, 2016 2:46 pm

you have a good sense of humor.

16. yves saint laurent clutch gold on January 26th, 2016 3:48 pm
  17. parajumpers gobi homme occasion rolex on January 26th, 2016 3:56 pm
  18. mcm bookbag ioffer on January 26th, 2016 4:03 pm
  19. canada goose trondheim kommune renholdsverket on January 26th, 2016 4:18 pm
  20. buy fifa world coins on January 26th, 2016 4:21 pm

I mean it!

21. belstaff snetterton vintage lederjacke on January 26th, 2016 4:27 pm
  22. longchamp used sale singapore on January 27th, 2016 3:37 am
  23. Gilberto on January 31st, 2016 6:53 pm

Many small hvac companies frederick md; Gilberto, prefer to
    hire SEO specialists as consultants rather than full time employees, unless they have a
    certain amount of websites that need to be continuously maintained and optimized.
    Improving Site Structure – This second part tells you how to properly structure URLs.
    Your baseline will tell you where your company began so you can measure positive or negative ROI
    (return on your investment). In this way, it is informed about the kind
    of information that a surfer is looking for.

24. balmain denim vest on February 5th, 2016 7:11 pm
  25. Oxford Tan on February 9th, 2016 11:00 pm
  26. http://prosztatacentrum.hu/sitemap.htm on February 17th, 2016 6:35 pm
  27. yeezy boost 350 Oxford Tan price on February 19th, 2016 9:56 pm
  28. yeezy boost 350 Oxford Tan on February 24th, 2016 2:41 am
  29. one-time offer on February 25th, 2016 1:26 am

garcinia cambogia dr oz youtube forskolin at vitamin shop antique metal green coffee table acai amazon forest mangosteen lowers high blood pressure hoodia gordonii and venlafaxine xr 75mg psyllium colon cleanse benefits how to use chitosan for clarifying wine beemans chewing gum for sale how to take lipozene effective immediately glucomannan efsanemice

30. http://bycpiekna.com.pl/sitemap.htm on February 28th, 2016 7:51 pm
  31. yeezy boost 350 on February 28th, 2016 7:51 pm
  32. cosmetics 2017 on July 21st, 2016 8:43 pm

Drippings : All & Sundry,cosmetics 2017 http://www.maccosmetics2017.com

33. abcya3 on June 15th, 2017 12:42 am

I’m really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into
    any browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog visitors have
    complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but
    looks great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?