October 26, 2007

Show of hands, how many of you find those widget boxes in the righthand sidebar to be useful? If you don’t read those other blogs, I promise my feelings won’t be hurt, I’m just trying to figure out if they’re handy for the folks who are interested in seeing when I’ve updated—or if, as I’m starting to suspect, they’re just cluttering up the page and also triggering random crashes in some Mac browsers.

Speaking of other blogs, I posted the pumpkin-chocolate muffin recipe over here. Warning: your eyes may become stuck at the top of your skull in orgasmic delight as a result of eating those things. Also, I take no responsibility for what might happen to your ass (I’m pretty sure mine has grown three times in size, just like the Grinch’s heart).

Comments

114 Responses to “Quick housekeeping question”

1. lara on October 27th, 2007 6:34 pm

I like the new template. The archives links: I guess I’ve never seen months laid out alphabetically left to right with just the first letter of the month and all I can see when I look at it is JASON. How is it I never realized that July, August, September, October, November spelled that out. Your blog is educmacational.

2. sundry on October 27th, 2007 6:52 pm

Lara: I KNOW, that is driving me NUTS. All I can see is “Jason”, and arrrgh. I’m trying to re-use the plugin I had before for my archives, but I seem to have broken something along the way.

3. Willa on October 27th, 2007 8:04 pm

Well, it appears I am outnumbered, but I thought I’d chime in to mention that I unfortunately find the widgets to be more of a nuisance than a help. I’m a mac user so maybe that is why, but they make the page load extra slow. I’ve always just checked the blogs manually anyway, so I don’t think it has changed the frequency with which I visit the other sites. But, you know, I’ll still keep reading even if the widgets stay!

4. thejunebug on October 27th, 2007 8:26 pm

Widgets work fine for me- I’m running Firefox on a Macbook w/ Tiger. They worked fine on my old iBook, with had Panther, too. Not sure what Mac browsers you’re crashing- Safari? ‘Cause I don’t use Safari, sorry! (I know, I’m absolutely no help.) Anyway, I use your widgets a lot, since I don’t use an RSS feeder.

5. Sarah on October 28th, 2007 8:17 am

I use the widgets to check out the other blogs all the time.

6. shy Victoria on October 28th, 2007 12:46 pm

I, er, don’t look at em/use em. : (

7. Amy on October 28th, 2007 7:04 pm

I use the widgets. Keep them!

8. books on October 29th, 2007 4:48 am

Keep the widgets!

9. Carrie on October 29th, 2007 7:23 am

Not only were the pumpkin muffins delicious, but they were eeeezzzzeeee! Yum! Thanks so much.

10. Sara Moon on October 29th, 2007 12:29 pm

I use the widgies.

11. Sabine on October 30th, 2007 5:28 am

I’m late and redundant, but I use the widgets. :)

12. Zoot on October 30th, 2007 12:05 pm

Wow. I just popped back in to see how the voting turned out (although I guessed in favor of the widgets since they’re still here) and I am FLOORED by how many people use them. That’s cool!

13. AmyW on November 2nd, 2007 3:09 pm

I have been so busy this week! I am behind on reading…but I love the widgets and use them.

14. LauraH on November 4th, 2007 7:21 am

You mean, Mac Browsers actually do crash? My brother will be horrified.