What part of a toy shark’s anatomy is this supposed to be, exactly?
sharktoy09.jpg

What the hell is Maisy doing to this sheep?
maisysheep08.jpg

Why do babies like to sleep with their hands in the air like they just don’t care?
darmsup08.jpg

What made Riley decide I was worthy of receiving THIS expression?
boredface08.jpg

And lastly,

Why can I keep two children alive but not a fucking houseplant?
deadplant08.jpg

Comments

66 Responses to “Rhetorical questions”

1. jonniker on March 10th, 2008 8:16 pm

I love the arm thing. And could the sharks … nad-like things … be remoras? Yes, that’s it. REMORAS.

2. Josh on March 10th, 2008 8:51 pm

I’m pretty sure science can now prove that babies generally “just don’t care” and that leading a lifestyle that pretty much involves nothing but eating and sleeping and pooping, and boobs, well that would make just about nayone throw their hands up. Hollah.

3. Kay on March 10th, 2008 10:08 pm

The shark is anatomically correct.
    Maisy is a perv
    Dylan is surrendering
    Riley just figured out what was on the shark’s belly.

See? Easy peasy. ;) LOL

4. Kay on March 10th, 2008 10:12 pm

Oh and the plant died due to all of the above.

While I am up and here, I didn’t get to say anything yesterday but the newborn stage? Totally overrated. I was so glad when they quit being little sacks of taters, even though there is sweetness to the new of them, face it, they are boring. ;)
    I am a weirdo that really loves the age of 2. So much going on in that one year, you really see them come into their own, for better and for worse.

5. Dawn on March 10th, 2008 10:47 pm

Kids (and pets) tell you when they need to be fed and watered. Plants just suffer in silence. (I can’t do plants, either. I blame the cats, but, really, I couldn’t keep plants alive in my pre-feline-owning days.)

6. Jennifer on March 11th, 2008 8:10 am

Claspers? How in the hell do you all know the term “claspers?” I must be sadly lacking in shark knowledge…

Love the baby and Riley photos, though, both are so adorable!

7. Alley on March 11th, 2008 8:43 am

I loooove that they’re called claspers! Man, you learn something awesome every day.

Dylan sleeps like one of my cats did, all stretched out, and (I’m revealing my dorkdom here) Riley totally looks like a little baby Draco Malfoy in that shot. The sneer is *perfect*.

I can’t keep houseplants OR outdoor plants alive. The basil I tried to grow last year turned quickly into two black sticks, and I think the lavender is just heartier than I expected because *I* certainly didn’t have anything to do with it continuing to live.

8. Mel on March 11th, 2008 8:53 am

Poor sheep. :(

9. Danielle on March 11th, 2008 8:54 pm

oh geez. i’m not sure how happy the sheep is, and i absolutely love how babies sleep, but i gotta say: you had to have forgotten that damn houseplant for a looonnnnnnggggg time, because those suckers are extremely hard to kill!!! :) Poor thing!

10. thejunebug on March 12th, 2008 7:32 am

Jennifer: re the claspers, hubby and I work 5 min from the Georgia Aquarium and have season passes. The veterinarians are always in the building in the early morning, and if you ask nicely, they’ll tell you anything!! :D

11. Sunshyn on March 14th, 2008 4:41 pm

I’m really late, but babies sleep like that when they are totally relaxed. Who knew about sharks… The plant? Cut the dead stuff off, cut it back, water it once a week, get it where it gets some light, and it should be fine.

12. lemon cayenne pepper diet on January 31st, 2009 3:39 am

this is such great information. thanks for the insight.

13. Bison on January 22nd, 2012 10:28 pm

Appreciation for this infortmioan is over 9000-thank you!

14. louboutin pas cher on October 23rd, 2014 5:44 pm

“We reject your demand for payment,” the letter tells Buchanan,louboutin pas cher who on May 14 informed Sterling by letter that he must pay the $2.5 million fine.

15. doudoune moncler pas cher on October 24th, 2014 10:38 am

Aux municipales,doudoune moncler pas cher Freddy Vasseu se présentait en tant que membre du Parti pirate sur une liste de centre droit à Port-Lès-Valence. Résultat des élections, doudoune moncler pas cheril est élu au conseil municipal de la ville dès le premier tour. Le Parti pirate compte également 2 autres élus municipaux.

16. moncler lille 020212 on October 31st, 2014 10:24 am