JB would like you to know that there has been a cease and desist with the clunky brown shoe/geeky white sock combo, and he has himself a new pair of Keen sandals, which he is manfully wearing here as he hoses down his dive gear, macho-style. Sandals and Socks Guy, JB is no longer a lot like you.

2603239616_39fe465a1f.jpg

Now, I don’t want to flood the internet with too much raw, unadulterated JB all at once, but . . .

2602410275_9ef2f9215f.jpg

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but JB’s got a nearly freakish ability to recognize voices, and is constantly pointing out actors doing voiceovers on commercials and in music and so on. So there’s that, and there’s the jumping thing. I think he should compete in some sort of talent show where the two skills are combined: leaping over successively taller and taller items, shouting out celebrity names while animated movies play on a giant screen nearby. Mark Burnett? HELLO.

Also:
2601037744_e68850cc9b.jpg

Seriously, if only this guy could put his cereal bowl in the goddamned dishwasher instead of leaving it on the counter for the Cleaning Fairy to whisk away, he’d be a hell of a catch. I’m just saying.

Other photos from the weekend:

2600275491_5b34dbc989.jpg

2603243740_3e4ca1d029.jpg

2603243574_ec437aab1e.jpg

We didn’t do much, and yet I feel entirely wiped out. I used to dread the end of the weekend, and now I’m like, OH THANK GOD FOR MONDAYS.

Comments

34 Responses to “Mandals, Mondays”

1. Cali911Gal on June 22nd, 2008 9:39 pm

Love the pic of JB and Dylan. Dad looks truly happy there, and very much in love with YOU.

Cereal bowl notwithstanding, you have quite a catch!

LUCKY!

2. Pete on June 22nd, 2008 9:46 pm

Nice dive gear.

3. squandra on June 22nd, 2008 9:57 pm

You look great!

4. Yvie on June 22nd, 2008 10:16 pm

Whoa! I love the pic of your hubby having a high jump like that. Great, great photo! :D

Have a great week! :D

5. Niki P on June 23rd, 2008 3:46 am

Geeze- If I didn’t know any better I might think you got some sweet sweet lovin this weekend. Go JB. Go you. Great pics!!

6. g~ on June 23rd, 2008 5:06 am

I am telling you–whenever I see JB doing something like that, I get a little turned on.
    Also, do we share the same cleaning fairy? because my husband surely thinks we do–except ours is the “clothes on the floor” fairy. Now that you mention it, fairies must follow strong genetic lines because my 5 year old thinks that a fairy cleans up HIS clothes off the floor.
    g~

7. Julie on June 23rd, 2008 5:07 am

I love the snuggle picture! It sure is beautiful where you are.

8. Kaire on June 23rd, 2008 5:30 am

What about jumping over actors while they are doing their voice overs? He could line them up … “and now JB will attempt to jump over Tim Allen voicing a visit Michigan spot and for one night only Ricardo Montevon will be crooning about rich corenthian leather while JB soars over him!” I’d pay …

9. the goddess anna on June 23rd, 2008 5:43 am

The jumping thing rocks. I’m duly impressed by that talent.

It’s a little odd, but our husbands and boy children appear to share hairlines. Weird, but that’s what I first noticed in those pics. Your family is beautiful, but you know that, don’t you? : )

10. Jeanette on June 23rd, 2008 5:56 am

Nice pictures..the one with JB and Dylan is priceless!

11. LJ on June 23rd, 2008 6:10 am

Your two boys are just beautiful. I know boys are supposed to be handsome, but yours are beautiful.

12. All Adither on June 23rd, 2008 6:22 am

That’s a mini adirondack chair, isn’t it? Like, a Barbie adirondack chair or a GI Joe adirondack chair?

13. kristylynne on June 23rd, 2008 6:44 am

Great pics! That look on Dylan’s face during the Daddy cuddle is priceless. Could that be any cuter??!?!

14. Janssen on June 23rd, 2008 6:50 am

Two things:

1) Dylan is looking HUGE! Holy crap, not a baby anymore.

2) You look amazing. I can’t believe how great your legs look in those shorts. Go you!

15. nonsoccermom on June 23rd, 2008 6:51 am

Great pictures.

I know how you feel. I honestly look forward to Monday mornings sometimes. The weekend with two little kids is exhausting!!

16. Jenny on June 23rd, 2008 7:25 am

I am always impressed by the jumping. I wonder, how did he realize he had this skill? Did he just randomly decide to test his prowess by choosing some object to leap over? Also, for some reason I have to remind myself that weekends no longer hold that wonderful and relaxing time they used to. They are sort of like every other day, except that my husband is at home too, but I still do most of the child-taking-care-of and I wonder, where’s MY weekend?

17. MrsWaltz on June 23rd, 2008 8:03 am

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! YOU HAVE A CLEANING FAIRY?!?! Here I’ve been wishing for the wrong thing; I thought I needed a house elf….
    By the way, I’m with you on the TGIM thing. Whoever thought up TGIF was obviously a sock-and-sandal-wearing MAN.

18. donna on June 23rd, 2008 8:14 am

Wow, JB has some cool dive stuff! And he really can catch some air huh? So have you realized how outnumbered, and testosteroned you are? It’s good that you are getting in shape, just sayin……and btw, you look awesome!

19. Eric's Mommy on June 23rd, 2008 8:37 am

Alright! New sandals!

My husband can also pick out voice overs, I don’t know how he does it, but once he points out who it is I’m like, Oh ya!

20. Bethiclaus on June 23rd, 2008 9:23 am

How cute do JB and Dylan look together?! VERY! I have the same weird auditory thing – it drives my husband crazy. I wish I could jump like that, though. That is by far the cooler of the weird talents.

21. Bethiclaus on June 23rd, 2008 9:24 am

Eep. I just pointed out JB’s jumping talent to my husband and he wants to know if JB ever competed in track and field.

22. Jennifer on June 23rd, 2008 9:33 am

I love JB’s new mandals! They look both comfortable AND functional.

Promise us that should there ever be an EPIC FAIL on the old jumping front, you’ll post pictures, because really, who doesn’t love a good ass busting? Just me? Okay then.

23. Swistle on June 23rd, 2008 9:52 am

Geez, are you TRYING to make us fall in love with your husband?

24. Squeeky on June 23rd, 2008 10:59 am

Every time I see my husband with our son my heart melts, so I’ve now learned that I’m just as easily meltable when viewing other people’s husbands/children.

ACK! I can barely stand it when I see a picture of a dad lovingly holding his child … JUST! TOO! BEAUTIFUL!

25. Kristen on June 23rd, 2008 12:11 pm

Your boys (all 3 of them) are so cute, I almost can’t stand it!
    BTW, you are rocking the bikini, I’m so jealous. You look great!

26. Leslie on June 23rd, 2008 12:39 pm

Wow – JB cleared that chair by a mile! Too bad he can’t figure out how to open the dishwasher. My husband has the same problem too – it makes our cleaning fairy very pissy.

27. Leslie on June 23rd, 2008 1:38 pm

I have an ear for voiceovers, too. I’m told it’s annoying.

Put ladies in long dresses holding parasols in that last picture instead of your menfolk, and you’d have a Monet.

28. Kelsey on June 23rd, 2008 7:00 pm

Gasp! Riley looks so big all of a sudden.

Beautiful pictures of everyone. :-)

29. Allison on June 23rd, 2008 7:17 pm

JB’s jumping talent will come in handy when the zombies come.

30. Erin on June 23rd, 2008 8:23 pm

OK, so…

A) Adorable pictures! You’ve got quite a beautiful family there!

and

2) I thought I was the only one with the uncanny ability to identify celebrity voices on TV. It’s my super secret hidden talent! Glad to know I’m not alone! :)

31. Angie on June 24th, 2008 6:51 am

In the jumping picture, the way that Riley is running after his dad with that look of total adoration… how awesome. :)

32. Abalicious on June 24th, 2008 9:50 am

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

33. Over-Medicated Housewife on June 24th, 2008 9:51 pm

These are beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

34. liz on June 27th, 2008 8:32 am

Listen mama, you ARE the cleaning fairy? Didn’t you know that that’s what you signed up for when you said “I do!”??? That’s a direct translation. Having said that, for a guy with tremendous entertainment value with the high jumps and humor, I think it’s a win-win situation!

You guys look fantastic!