Oh man, it’s been a long and arduous week with JB gone. It makes me think ahead to BlogHer next week while I’ll be gone for three whole days and my main thought for my husband is HOO BOY HONEY GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

The boys and I have done pretty well this week, all things considered, but I am wiped right the hell out. I haven’t exercised, I’ve been living on toddler-remnants foodwise, and frankly, my personal hygiene has seen better days.

Worst of all, earlier tonight a largish spider went trundling busily across the family room floor right in front me and I had no choice but to find a wad of paper toweling the size of Omaha and squish it, and when I did so it seemed to succumb but then somehow returned to life, ZOMBIELIKE, and its little legs waved angrily from within the depths of the napkin even though I had smashed it all to hell and so I shrieked and instantly dropped it and then had to pick it back up and oh my god I can’t even talk about this anymore.

Anyway! Pictures:
2657944266_06364e30b6.jpg
Can you see his two little teeth there at the bottom? TEETH. What the HELL, boy.

2657117051_c51a26730a.jpg
A toddler and his trap/hive/lair.

2657117013_b8d36b7532.jpg
Can’t talk now. V. busy with exersaucer. Chat l8r.

Comments

38 Responses to “Misc.”

1. Erica on July 10th, 2008 10:42 pm

It must be said every day around here, but those are two of the cutest boys ever!

2. Lesley on July 11th, 2008 1:10 am

I am officially dead from the cuteness above. That said, you have my sympathies…the energy of baby+toddler is probably equal to two suns.

Don’t worry about the one week hiatus from workouts. You’re probably burning a shitload of calories keeping up with Riley and Dylan.

3. Emblita on July 11th, 2008 2:28 am

Oh I feel for you. My husband just came home last night after a 6 day worktrip. I kissed him hello, took a shower, went to bed and left him to deal with the leftover dishes/laundry/tidying. ‘Cause I’ve been doing that all this week. His turn.

4. stephanie brown on July 11th, 2008 4:01 am

Riley is like…Yes? Is there, like, a problem?

5. Kristen on July 11th, 2008 4:08 am

You have some seriously cute kids!!!!

6. Eric's Mommy on July 11th, 2008 4:19 am

Oh the teeth! Sooooo cute!!!!

Your spider story made me cringe, I had a bad spider experience here at work yesterday. I hope it wasn’t a GHS you squished, ugh gross! You are brave, I can’t even come close to a spider with papertowel.

PS the other day my husband was putting on his sandals and actually asked me if he should wear socks with them, I almost died!

7. diane on July 11th, 2008 6:02 am

You brave woman…not only did you deal with baby plus toddler all alone…but you didn’t run screaming from the house after the spider incident? Paper towels are not enough of a barrier for me.
    When I have children, is there a pre-order button for that amount of cuteness?

8. jamie on July 11th, 2008 6:11 am

Were you able to sleep after the spider sighting?

That’s the worst part for me. Lying in bed afterwards reflecting on the fact that there are large spiders in the world.

9. Angie on July 11th, 2008 6:30 am

Last fall I got so freaked out by a huge spider that I got out the vaccuum and sucked it up. But then I was convinced it was living inside my vaccuum.

10. WickedStepMom on July 11th, 2008 7:00 am

You are truly brave for dealing with a baby and toddler all alone. I hope that the rest of the week goes well!

11. victoria on July 11th, 2008 7:04 am

Dang, those kids are cute.

12. Elizabeth on July 11th, 2008 7:13 am

Your boys are adorable!! I love your photography. I know you have probably been asked a zillion times but what type of camera do you use? Do you edit your photos in any way before you post them? Thanks!

13. samantha jo campen on July 11th, 2008 7:28 am

TEEEEEEEEEEEEETH! OMG!

14. Operation Pink Herring on July 11th, 2008 7:33 am

I know you probably hear this every day, but those are some damned good-looking kids you have yourself there.

15. ali on July 11th, 2008 7:44 am

those are some cute, cute boys you’ve got there ;)

16. Maria on July 11th, 2008 7:48 am

Man I feel like every single one of my comments is going to start with MAN YOUR KIDS ARE CUTE.

Simon got his two bottom teeth first, but he waited until he was about nine months old. And he thought chewing on my boobs was a good way to relieve his teething discomfort.

Now he has bazillions of teeth. When did this happen?

I’m glad you have an awesome break/vacation after time alone with the boys. I get exhausted after a few days alone with just my 27-month-old. (Clearly this comment has been brought to you by HOLY CRAP I’M GOING TO HAVE TWO BOYS.)

17. pam on July 11th, 2008 8:11 am

sonofa…..

my underachieving boys are older than your dylan and they still don’t have teeth! i think they’re just enjoying torturing me with their teething. sigh.

18. Ginitag44 on July 11th, 2008 8:38 am

Dude all I can say is EEEEK.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK.
    Ok sorry but I hate, HATE when bugs don’t STAY DEAD. WTF!

Ahem. The kids look great and I would have traded you my two boys for your two boys because mine had the plague and O.M.G.
    Have fun next week!
    (this wandering, weird, un-structured comment brought to you my a mom who has had a total of 8 hours of sleep over the last 5 days)

19. Nic on July 11th, 2008 8:41 am

I love the text speak from the babe. Cute kids.

20. Delia on July 11th, 2008 9:04 am

Don’t beat yourself up about not exercising. It’s good for your body if you take a rest week every 4-6 weeks. I read this.

21. Jamie :) on July 11th, 2008 10:39 am

Your kiddos are the cutest!! Thank you for sharing! :)

22. Deanna on July 11th, 2008 10:41 am

My 1 yr old is giggling and babbling at your boys right now.

23. Maria on July 11th, 2008 10:58 am

It must be nearly full moon, because I had the same exact experience yesterday with an enormous fly. So big it had enough mass to make a sound when landing on my counter. Took multiple attempt to kill it (it even tried to play dead). I eventually sent it to fly heaven via the disposal. Although the sight of it’s creepy eyes swirling in the water before finally going down the drain are still bugging me out. Get it? Bugging?

Either way, my sympathies for your horrific spider experience. Pics are fantastic!

24. mixette on July 11th, 2008 12:00 pm

The hive looks mighty cozy with that blanket. No doubt there are snacks squirreled away in there too?

25. Julie on July 11th, 2008 12:30 pm

We’ve had spider bite drama with Emily at our house all week. I’m glad you smashed that sucker. Smash it good!

26. Valria on July 11th, 2008 1:31 pm

Such gorgeous boys!
    The B&W of Dylan is frameable.
    Glad Dog is okay and hope JB is home soon to help.

27. lisa-marie on July 11th, 2008 3:37 pm

Thank you for including the adorable pictures because the spider story was seriously freaking me out!

28. Danielle-lee on July 11th, 2008 4:13 pm

They just keep getting cuter and cuter! I seriously want to just pinch their cheeks and nuzzle their necks!
    Spiders-Ick!! My house is overrun with gnats and scorpions!!! And scorpions? They can re-generate. Isn’t that just sooo wrong??

29. Danielle-lee on July 11th, 2008 4:13 pm

30. Melissa on July 11th, 2008 5:26 pm

I hear ya with having JB away – mine was away three nights last week. About two weeks ago I was feeding my little man his bottle when out of the corner of my eye I saw something black move across the top of the couch cushions – like right by my shoulder. A huge spider. And it darted into the folds of the couch. I had to chase that MotherF**ker around to get it where I could smash it. Nothing was working…Ended up making freakish Woooah! sounds out of pure fright and threw the cushion that the spider was clinging to out on my back deck. My daughter looked scared and said, what was that, Mommy? At least I’m not sitting watching TV wondering where that horrible creature is. Have a good weekend!

31. Jeanette on July 11th, 2008 7:13 pm

Those are some seriously cute kids!!

32. Josh on July 12th, 2008 5:05 pm

I have a pretty sweet bug story from this week. I was working on some office trailers when we noticed that there was a bee hive somewhere on one of them. Being one of the smaller guys, I volunteered, despite my allergy to bee stings, to crawl under the trailer and find where they are coming from. I narrowed it down, then got on my hands and knees with a spray can of poison, and again, due to my gigantic brass balls, started going under the trailer.

It was at this point that my hatred for all things New Jersey was reaffirmed. This prick ass, motherfuckin, yankee bitch, cock gobbler, yankee bitch (yesm that’s TWO yankee bitches for him) who is a panty waste city slicker and doesn’t have two licks of sense in his whole body when it comes to dealin with critters, grabs a fuckin rake and begins beating on the bottom of the trailer so I can figure out where they are coming from. Not fuckin cool. After I murdered him and hid his body we called an exterminator and worked on other trailers for two days till they got there. So much for brass balls.

33. Kristi on July 12th, 2008 9:03 pm

Oh God – spiders that won’t die! The only way to be REALLY sure is to flush them down the toilet! (And make sure you watch them swirl down!)

Good luck with the teething – SO glad I’m done with that!

34. Missy on July 14th, 2008 6:27 am

Those pics are so freaking adorable. And probably not what you meant by pointing them out, but those two teeth are so cute.

35. Stephanie on July 14th, 2008 6:46 am

I.HATE.SPIDERS. One time I HEARD one in my kitchen. I thought it was a mouse (which I could have handled). When I saw it was a spider I started to cry. It was bigger than anything I have ever seen so I picked up my daughter (who was about 8 months) and ran to get the big Harley riding guy that lives two doors down from me. Even he didn’t want to kill it. So we put it in an old formula can and my husband took it to a field. I’ll never be right again.

I hope JB is back soon! The boys look adorable!

36. Sarah on July 14th, 2008 9:06 am

Oh I HATE when bugs do that!!! BLECH. I dont’ even have a fear of bugs or spiders…but that is just frickin’ CREEPY!!!

37. Lesley on July 14th, 2008 6:09 pm

I keep coming back to read your daily piffles. They’re almost as good as an update… plus that fantastically cute picture of Dylan beaming like a star brightens my day.

38. Jenny H. on July 17th, 2008 12:54 pm

V. cute kids.

And that is definitely a LAIR if I’ve ever seen one.