I’m here at BlogHer and everything is going swimmingly, thanks for asking, except for a humiliating arrival where the cab driver informed me as he was pulling into the hotel drop-off that no, he did NOT take plastic, and then I got to embark on a panicked, endless search for an ATM that would accept my finicky, magnet-strip-compromised debit card, because how else was I going to pay for my cab ride, HOW?

(I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO BLOW HIM.)

(Although I really didn’t seem like his type, if you know what I mean.)

I have photos to post and more to blather about, but for now I’ll leave you with a picture I flat-out stole from Kristin’s website, because I am classy like that:

mewithk_blogher.png

Comments

18 Responses to “Checking in”

1. Naomi the Streange on July 18th, 2008 4:18 pm

Have fun in San Francisco!

I’m going up to Tahoe this weekend to spend some time in nature :)

2. Magpie on July 18th, 2008 4:23 pm

Have fun and report back lots for those of us who are missing it. (I’m only a few blocks away right now, but I can’t go. Sob.)

3. Mary O on July 18th, 2008 4:26 pm

Oh, you two are so pretty. It looks like you’re having fun!

4. Swistle on July 18th, 2008 5:21 pm

It must be KER-RAZY to see how all these bloggers compare to their blog photos!

5. samantha jo campen on July 18th, 2008 5:31 pm

I’m trying to not be jealous, but it’s not working that well. SO GLAD you’re having fun!!

6. Michelle on July 18th, 2008 5:56 pm

I can’t believe I’m only an hour and a half away and still could not manage to pull my shit together to get to BlogHer this year.

Enjoy yourself! (And I hope you convince some people to join you at your ass crack o’ dawn yoga class.)

7. Lesley on July 18th, 2008 6:03 pm

You have that glamorous tropical holiday look of joy. Also, phenomenal tans.

8. clarabella on July 18th, 2008 7:17 pm

You look like you’re having so much fun! You deserve it! Baby-free, woot!

9. clarabella on July 18th, 2008 7:26 pm

p.s. glad you didn’t have to blow the cabbie, regardless of his type.

10. Lesley on July 18th, 2008 7:38 pm

Btw, in Vancouver when they say they don’t take plastic – and occasionally you run into one – they’re invariably lying. It’s cash under the table if you know what I’m sayin’.

11. Jolie on July 18th, 2008 7:49 pm

Precious. My two favorite bloggers.

Um, this is ill-timed and so yesterday, but I’ve been meaning to tell you. Workout music: check out Girl Talk (if you haven’t already). I have been running to his Feed The Animals album and it is so great, it doesn’t miss a beat.

If you don’t know about him, dude mixes like crazy hip/hop and rock and pop music and totally reinvents the songs. His most famous mix is taking Notorious B.I.G. and backing it up with Elton John’s Tiny Dancer.

Anyhow, check it out and enjoy.

12. beach on July 19th, 2008 5:17 am

My 2 favorite bloggers!!!…cute

13. heather on July 19th, 2008 9:22 am

Hi Linda! Hope you are enjoying SF. If you find yourself with some extra time and want a GREAT workout – try the Bar Method. It’s in the Marina, so you’d have to take a cab but I promise you won’t be disappointed. The class schedule is online. Hope you all are having a fabulous time!!!

14. diane on July 19th, 2008 6:01 pm

wow, is it okay that I am sort of star-struck looking at a picture of both you and Kristen…together!? Two fantastic writers…yay!

15. Kristin on July 19th, 2008 10:17 pm

I know you live close-ish but man, I wish you lived closer. It was seriously awesome getting to spend time with you. Again! Soon.

16. Lucy on July 20th, 2008 12:57 am

I ditto Jolie, two of my favourite bloggers and you both look gorgeous.

Hope you’re having a great time (minus the 7 a.m. classes of course)

17. Jem on July 20th, 2008 4:46 am

Heh, when I was 18 my car broke down in the middle of nowhere, with me and my ex-bf inside. It managed to drag itself to a petrol station, where I got a mechanic to fix it. Turns out it was only the thermostat (WHEW). My ex knew I had no money to my name (except $15, EXACTLY) and he went to the bathroom, while I found out it was $15 and paid the mechanic. He came back and said “How much is it?” and I said “It’s okay, I handled that.” He looked horrified.

18. radarandlaserforum on November 28th, 2013 5:23 pm

my uggs bring all the boys to the yard laser speed detectors