I never did get a really good photo of these two guys, but what do you think — can you see the resemblance?

jowd2.jpg

I like this picture better, because we told Joe to “look like a baby”. Apparently he thinks our child is a few beers short of a six-pack.

jowd.jpg

Comments

52 Responses to “Uncle”

1. Shana on November 9th, 2008 1:25 pm

Umm… OMG he looks like his uncle for sure! You weren’t kidding.

2. Kristi on November 9th, 2008 1:29 pm

Wow! There is such a strong resemblance! Genetics are so weird – my nephew looks identical to MY uncle when they were the same ages. Nephew couldn’t even tell the difference – he was trying to remember when the picture was taken and who the heck those other people were (his great-grandparents).

3. Swistle on November 9th, 2008 1:29 pm

It looks like their hair pattern is the same!

4. samantha jo campen on November 9th, 2008 1:30 pm

OMG TOTALLY!

5. Trina on November 9th, 2008 1:35 pm

Wow! I am a product of weird genes too. I look nothing like my parents or my brother. I could be the identical twin of my cousin on my mom’s side (who is a boy, so I don’t know if that means I am manly looking or he is girly looking). It’s the only way I know I am not adopted. :)

6. Serenity Now on November 9th, 2008 1:36 pm

That resemblence is INSANE…you weren’t kidding!

7. seadragon on November 9th, 2008 1:55 pm

Oh my goodness, definitely!

8. Deanna on November 9th, 2008 1:56 pm

FinallY! Someone else who share the awkwardness!! My #2 child looks so much like my brother in law as well!! No one notices except when they are side by side and he lives in another city so it is only odd at family get togethers. My mom in law just thinks it’s a hoot that my 3 kids look like her 3 kids did as little kids.

9. allison on November 9th, 2008 2:00 pm

wow, that is uncanny!

10. Erin on November 9th, 2008 2:08 pm

Yes! I definitely see it. The resemlance between Uncle Joe & JB, though… THAT is remarkable.

11. Briar on November 9th, 2008 2:14 pm

Okay, that is uncanny.

12. Hotch Potchery on November 9th, 2008 2:21 pm

Funny, when my son was younger he looked identical to what my sister looked like at the same age. So much so when she would hold him out in public (she was 15, he was 1), she got MANY disapproving looks. Didn’t help that he called every female “Mama”.

13. justmouse on November 9th, 2008 2:38 pm

wow! total family resemblance! it’s weird how genetics works..my husband looks like his family from about 2 generations back. he’s the only really tall, big feller in his family, the rest tend to be shorter and skinnier. my son looked more like me up until puberty hit..now he is the IMAGE of his father. they even have the exact same LAUGH! (which makes me kind of crazy actually, as we split up when the boy was only 3 – sort of a contstant reminder, yanno?)

hey, at least both your family and JB’s family are all good looking, so no matter who the boys end up looking like, they’ll be CUTIES!

14. GypsyJr on November 9th, 2008 2:38 pm

Aww, totally. (And holy cow, ADORABLE pics much?)

I’m the spitting image of my father, and pretty much my father’s entire family. I have mixed feelings about this sometimes.

15. SJ on November 9th, 2008 2:43 pm

I see it! Holy cow do I ever see it. You weren’t kidding.

16. mixette on November 9th, 2008 2:51 pm

I wondered “aloud” here once if Dylan looked like JB as a baby…

He definitely resembles his Unky Joe. So that means that Dylan will be cute as a baby, and handsome as a man! Lucky little guy.

17. ELC on November 9th, 2008 2:59 pm

Striking resemblance! Funny how that works.

18. Jennifer on November 9th, 2008 3:00 pm

CUTE! I definitely see it. Genes are so weird. When you look at pictures of them around the age of 10, my brother and my mother’s oldest brother are indistinguishable.

I resemble no one. I’m convinced that I’m adopted.

19. warcrygirl on November 9th, 2008 3:05 pm

Wait a minute…here I am thinking how he totally looks like you…and now he looks like his uncle? I see what you mean and lighting and angles and such and IT MESSES WITH MY HEAD ALREADY. I swear, you have the most photogenic family ever.

20. warcrygirl on November 9th, 2008 3:06 pm

Okay, that should read “…about lighting and angles”. Oops.

21. Joanne on November 9th, 2008 3:56 pm

OMG totally. My baby girl looks like my sister and also like my Uncle Kevin. So weird.

22. beach on November 9th, 2008 4:00 pm

I suck at the “who looks like who” game….but that Dylan definitely has the model gene….he is smiling at the camera for a picture!!!…too freaking cute!!!

23. Dana on November 9th, 2008 4:19 pm

I think that Dylan looks a lot like Riley in that second pic. It’s the first time I’ve seen the resemblance between the two boys.

24. H on November 9th, 2008 4:46 pm

They look very much alike!

25. Elizabeth on November 9th, 2008 5:28 pm

I agree, they totally look alike.

When my niece was little she was certain that pictures of her mom were really of her. We couldn’t convince her that they were not here! She still looks like her mom today.

26. whoorl on November 9th, 2008 5:48 pm

That second photo is hilarious. (And yes, they look very similar!)

27. ML on November 9th, 2008 5:57 pm

SO cute!

28. Kari on November 9th, 2008 6:01 pm

Until the last two posts, I was always of the belief that Dylan most resembled you and Riley looks most like his dad.

Now I am all thrown off. Both boys have their own, independent look, too. And God, Dylan just looks like a fun kid – and I say that as a Riley loyalist.

I’ll say it again – the day you want a random local stranger from the internet to watch those boys, you just let me know.

29. susie on November 9th, 2008 6:28 pm

Dylan looks so pleased to be sitting there with his Uncle Joe! He’s such a cute little kid. And yes, he does strongly resemble Joe (and JB).

30. biscuit on November 9th, 2008 6:43 pm

WOW. . . Dylan is a total mini Joe! Your walls make a lovely backdrop BTW.

We just got a Wii a couple days ago too! What funnn!

31. nonsoccermom on November 9th, 2008 7:09 pm

Yep, I agree. Definitely looks like his uncle. My son does too. I mean, he looks like his dad, but when my husband’s brother is around…WOW. It is a little freaky.

32. kristylynne on November 9th, 2008 8:00 pm

Yep.

And OMG, that baby is DELECTABLE.

33. Lesley on November 9th, 2008 10:17 pm

My God, the second pic is Big Dylan!

(Dylan looks mighty happy to be in Big Dylan’s arms, too.)

34. Dianna on November 9th, 2008 10:54 pm

Exactly! They are very similar!

35. Lucy on November 10th, 2008 3:06 am

Man, I hate to be the first pervy commenter (especially as I only comment rarely) but Hello Uncle Joe.

36. thejunebug on November 10th, 2008 4:00 am

Can I confess that I love your participation in nablopomo since it means I get to read a new entry every day? :)

37. MichelleRenee on November 10th, 2008 4:01 am

Wow..
    That is so weird, he looks just like him.

38. Lesley on November 10th, 2008 4:41 am

Now that you have that Wii, you might want to check this out: Jillian Michaels’ Fitness Ultimatum 2009

It looks like a killer.

Here’s the Youtube trailer

39. Lesley on November 10th, 2008 4:44 am

Just a heads up, the amazon reviews are mostly 1 star for the above workout. Looks like it has major suckage, technically.

40. biodtl on November 10th, 2008 5:13 am

They totally look alike! Genetics are funny. My son looked exactly like me when he wa smaller, but for the past few years, he looks just like my mother. My daughter is now the spitting image of me at that age, but has my mom’s mannerisms. My poor husband isn’t even in this thing.

41. Stephanie on November 10th, 2008 7:51 am

ITA w/Lucy :)

42. Leticia on November 10th, 2008 8:14 am

I always thought Dylan looked just like JB and Riley looked more like you. BUT, now that I’ve seen Joe, holy crap…JUST LIKE JOE.

Is this the brother that works in the funeral home?

43. SleepyNita on November 10th, 2008 8:17 am

SO CUTE! I love when you can pick out a strong family resemblance with your kids.

Thankfully my son looks just like me ;)

I do think that Riley gets the suspicious look from you though – I can totally see your eyebrows being able to do that whole inquiring frown thing.

44. Amy M. on November 10th, 2008 8:27 am

Wow – they do look similar!

When I was pregnant with my son, my husband thought my 20 week ultrasound looked like his brother. I never thought his brother looked like a fuzzy black peanut-shaped baby, but whatever.

45. Valerie on November 10th, 2008 9:47 am

That kid’s face kills me. KILLS ME.

46. Anonymous on November 10th, 2008 12:54 pm

Your little guy is always smiling…in every single picture you post, he is smiling…no exception here…he is one happy little person, I wish we all had that much happiness to share.
    You know how some people are just naturally happy ALL THE TIME,like they are born that way?… he looks like one of those. Lucky him.

47. Amanda on November 10th, 2008 1:50 pm

They look remarkably alike! AND they’re both adorable!

48. Julie on November 10th, 2008 2:57 pm

Yep…that’s an awkward resemblance! You weren’t kidding!

49. Missie on November 11th, 2008 3:12 pm

Honey, don’t you know the first rule of fooling around on your husband is to take it OUTSIDE the family? Sheesh.

50. Stacey on November 11th, 2008 8:16 pm

um…has JB ordered the paternity test yet?
    ;-)