I saw a new doctor today, because my previous doctor specializes in prenatal care and as much as I liked her I guess I’m not quite willing to get knocked up again just to see a familiar face on the occasions I drag myself in for a checkup, and it was the weirdest thing, he looked exactly like a less-sexy and grey-haired Dr. Cox (I don’t have to explain why Dr. Cox is sexy, do I? Listen, you either find aggressive, rapid-fire shitheads sexy or you don’t, and if you don’t, then, well, you’re wrong, what can I say? See also: Ari from Entourage, at least in previous years because is it just me or does his dick seem a little limp this season?).

His office wasn’t very convenient to get to and I didn’t get called in until a full half hour past my appointment time so despite the Scrubs resemblance I was already thinking I wouldn’t be back, but then there was this sort of fantastic moment right there in the exam room, and no, it didn’t involve a speculum what is wrong with you people, he was reading my chart and asked how I was handling a medication I’m taking that has a host of rare side effects like depression, anxiety, etc, and instead of running down the laundry list of possible mental tics he just looked at me and said, “How’s the [medication] going, having any of the . . .” — and here he twirled his finger against his temple. He didn’t quite loll his tongue out of his mouth and roll his eyes comically to complete the picture, but it was quite awesome nonetheless. Oh doctor you had me at making the International Sign for Crazy.

I guess if I had been having some of those side effects I might not have found it so amusing, but, okay, this is just me, but I hate a doctor that wants to talk about stress and lifestyle and shit when all you want is a prescription, you know? I like to think this is a guy to whom I can go, Doc, I’m having some — and here I’d twirl my finger against my head — and he’d be all, welp, hokay then! Let’s get you some DRUGS.

That was pretty much the whole of my day, and then I got the sniglets from daycare and we goofed around the house while I snapped a bunch of pictures:

3103344285_d53da1d3ea.jpg

3104175650_b20c6b19b8.jpg

3104175688_8217fef61b.jpg

3104175722_1265bea306.jpg

3104175746_80e1a2c55c.jpg

Comments

39 Responses to “Friday”

1. clarabella on December 12th, 2008 10:08 pm

I too find Dr. Cox very sexy. I guess I have to agree with you about the aggressive, rapid-fire shithead thing. Funny, though, that I’ve only watched Entourage this season and thing Ari’s just a dick, plain and simple. Maybe I should check out previous-Ari.
    My obgyn is similarly to-the-point, and I adore him for it. No beating around the bush (OMG-bad pun!) with him.

2. Pete on December 12th, 2008 10:11 pm

My wife’s last OB was Dr. Bush. I wonder if Dr. Cox ever had a consult with Dr. Bush.

I like the last pix.

3. Mrs. Breedorf on December 12th, 2008 10:29 pm

Dr. Cox and Dr. Bush! Tee hee hee! (Yes, I’m 12.)

4. Ms. Hodge on December 12th, 2008 10:42 pm

Riley’s face in the first pictures is amazing.

5. Trina on December 12th, 2008 10:56 pm

Holy smokes! That last picture is awesome!

6. April on December 12th, 2008 11:03 pm

You make some cute babies, lady!

(Dr. Cox and Dr. Bush. Heeeeee.)

7. Ashley on December 12th, 2008 11:05 pm

Did he do the whistle along with the twirling finger? That would have been icing on the cake! Again, you have some good lookin’ boys there :)

8. vague on December 12th, 2008 11:11 pm

OK, the third picture is making my DAY.

9. clarabella on December 12th, 2008 11:15 pm

OK, I have to comment again because, although I’ve seen it in pics before, I forgot how AMAZINGLY AWESOME the tile in your bathroom is! Way jealous over here (especially since I have a 30 year old “blue” (and I mean everything) bathroom in a house we’re moving out of too soon to justify doing anything to it.)

10. susan on December 12th, 2008 11:32 pm

My old doctor’s last name was Hymen (seriouly). Would the world implode if Drs Bush, Hymen and Cox were all in the same room?

11. MizFit on December 13th, 2008 4:38 am

delurking to say (you all look amazingadorable in the pictures and) I had a Dr Harry Back once.

joke.

12. samantha jo campen on December 13th, 2008 6:23 am

I love the picture of Dylan creeping along the bathtub, like he’s sneaking up on something. SO CUTE! And Riley’s smile in the first one is awesome.

So funny about your doctor. Good find :-)

13. kristylynne on December 13th, 2008 6:41 am

Damn, your children are photogenic. I loved to strip my baby down to his diaper and take pictures. The adorable chub rolls go away so quickly, have to capture them while they last.

14. biscuit on December 13th, 2008 6:51 am

Dr Cox is hot, I concur. However, I’d rather bump uglies with Dr House. That gimp asshole really turns my crank.

15. Rachel on December 13th, 2008 7:05 am

Love your site! And also, do you use an awesome flash on your camera to get the wonderful lighting in these pics? I have a great camera but constantly battle the lighting issue. I hate the total wash-out of the built-in flash and the blurriness that comes with photographing twitchy children indoors. Please help!

16. Eva on December 13th, 2008 7:41 am

What I want is that lens you use to make your house look so clean. That would be an improvement on my current policy of no photography unless I’ve just mopped. We had no pictures at all for the entire time she was 21-months-old.

17. NancyJak on December 13th, 2008 7:49 am

I HATE Dr. Cox and everything about Scrubs (sorry!); cancelled HBO but I DID love Ari in past seasons so it must be the physical appearance for me…
    I can’t stop saying it – but I LOVE your kids. I want to eat them both with a spoon.
    I’ve seen pictures of the tattoo before, mind telling me how long you’ve had it and if you get weird looks or every try to hide it w/sleeves? I just got one on my lower back (ouch!!) and have one picked out for my wrist but I don’t if I can handle the pain or the quizzical looks.

18. Mel on December 13th, 2008 8:08 am

I love Dr. Cox. Sexy sexy sexy….

19. Kristy on December 13th, 2008 8:11 am

I would like to know what the paint color on your walls is. The walls of the first photo here. While you’re at it, what shade of blush does Dylan wear? It’s equally lovely. ;-) I’m serious about my paint inquiry. Love the buttery yellow without glare type of look. It looks like buttercream frosting and I love it.

20. Jas on December 13th, 2008 8:16 am

Both of my doctors and my nurse practitioner would give me the disapproving lip purse if I made the international sign for crazy. I go to one of those PC places. Boo!

21. Jenn D on December 13th, 2008 8:44 am

Your bathroom makes me hate you just a little bit.

Luckily the adorableness of your boys distracted me from getting too jealous.

22. Lori O on December 13th, 2008 9:02 am

That last picture of Dylan – OMG he looks like a little cherub from heaven! What a cutie! And Riley is quite the character himself!

23. kalisa on December 13th, 2008 10:26 am

If those tiled steps are leading up to your spa bathtub, then I pretty much don’t like you anymore.

24. kalisa on December 13th, 2008 10:28 am

And my last name IS Hyman, which meant names like Buster or Harry were out for my son. Apparently, he’s not allowed to grow up & be a doctor, either.

25. denese on December 13th, 2008 11:55 am

oh good it’s not just my baby who looks like she’s lost about five pounds when she’s naked. wish that principle applied to me. actually has the opposite effect. damn it. clothes. maybe if i had some of those chompable rosy cheeks…or maybe it’s the diaper. i am not going there.

26. jen on December 13th, 2008 1:16 pm

dr. cox is wicked hot. there is just something about him.. as for ari, i refuse to pay for hbo so we are awaiting the dvd release. there is just something about him too… haha.

yay for finding a doctor you actually like though! i need to find me one of those since i haven’t had a physical in WAY too long. i do go to gyn yearly though! haha.

27. Swistle on December 13th, 2008 2:02 pm

OMG DR COX IS MY BOYFRIEND.

Also, the OB I had for my second pregnancy was a lot like that. During the “you may feel a tugging sensation” part of the c-section, he said, “Come OUT of there, you little bastard!” He said this to an UNBORN CHILD. Heart heart heart.

28. Christine on December 13th, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh, I love me some Dr. Cox. And I have a girl crush on Elliot.

29. Christina on December 13th, 2008 2:28 pm

Love the photos! Can I ask you – when you take shots like that do use a tripod or just set the camera on something and do the self setting? Just curious!

30. mixette on December 13th, 2008 3:56 pm

There is a urologist (think vasectomy) here in Austin with the unfortunate name of Dr. Dick Chopp. Seriously!

The tile on your tub surround is great looking.

31. Lesley on December 13th, 2008 5:01 pm

Dylan could be a Renaissance cherub. Clearly, Mr. Chubilicious is immensely pleased by everything, if his clapping is any indication.

Your twitter about Riley reading to the cat is awesome! I can just picture the two of them, heads together, journeying through a fairy tale in which Cat figures prominently.

32. Lesley on December 13th, 2008 5:02 pm

Btw, love Riley’s smile. When someone says “cheese!” he’s on it.

33. #6 on December 13th, 2008 6:56 pm

Cute Kids and great shots.

Did you see the forecast for the Puget Sound Area for this next week? Oh No!! Seattle Drivers, Hills and Ice!!

ONCE TEMPERATURES FALL BELOW FREEZING SUNDAY…IT APPEARS THAT WITH EXCEPTION OF THE COAST THEY MAY STAY THERE FOR THE NEXT WEEK. THIS STRETCH AT SEATAC WOULD BE LONGER THAN THE STRETCH OF BELOW FREEZING
    TEMPERATURES THAT OCCURRED IN LATE DECEMBER 1990.

34. JennyW on December 13th, 2008 8:04 pm

First, I agree about Dr Cox and would also add House to that list.
    And secondly, I too am envious of your bathroom remodel. Heated tile floors sure would be handy here in the subarctic that we call Ohio.

35. wm on December 13th, 2008 8:53 pm

All the pictures are cute, but the last one is just gorgeous. I understand the crawling up the pantleg thing. We’re there too.

36. Maria on December 14th, 2008 3:18 pm

Do you have any photo tutorials online? Or general explanations of how you take such amazing photos? Good lord.

DYLAN. NOM.

37. Stephanie on December 15th, 2008 7:56 am

my dad’s proctologist was Dr. Plummer.

38. Mary Helen on December 15th, 2008 1:55 pm

It is entirely possible that Dylan is the most adorable baby boy I’ve ever seen. EVER.

39. danielle-lee on January 8th, 2009 12:28 pm

GOD, your kids are gorgeous! And oh yes-Dr. Cox rocks my socks!!!