What a wonderful day it’s been. Beautiful weather, happy kids, nowhere we had to go and nothing we had to do but enjoy ourselves.

4593605459_6cc61f6c1a

4594504752_bbd731e428

4593889845_974ccf387c

4594504014_0635298f62

4593889265_d83f28c228

4593889405_9cb4b9ed7f

4594504138_59bee495e1

4593888915_6d5039f07f

4594503776_6852c5bfbc

I couldn’t have asked for a better—well, okay, maybe if Dylan would cooperate JUST ONE YEAR for the Mother’s Day photo I keep trying for:

mothereff

But never mind. It was perfect.

4593889507_31327c57f1

I hope you had a wonderful (mother’s, or otherwise) day too.

Comments

34 Responses to “Perfect day”

1. Marie Green on May 9th, 2010 9:52 pm

Aw, it does look like a lovely day… I love the gift from your boys!

2. Erin on May 9th, 2010 9:53 pm

My favorite part of Mother’s Day was when my husband asked me what I’d like to do next year (since he knew today hadn’t gone as I would have chosen). We did host an 8 year old birthday party on the field at Husky Stadium which took us up a notch or two on the cool parents list Still being somewhat cool in the eyes of an 8 year old makes for a good Mother’s Day.

3. angelynn on May 9th, 2010 11:36 pm

I love the lighting in that first photo. You all look so happy (and you look so beautiful). Sounds like a wonderful day. The ones where we don’t have to do anything are the best. We hung out at home today and it was perfect. Congrats again on your marathon. What a sweet keepsake from your boys. :)

4. Jennifer on May 9th, 2010 11:57 pm

I think Dylan just doesn’t like your backyard chairs. Next year try taking his picture in the kiddy pool (ohhh ha ha ha I slay myself).

5. Donna on May 10th, 2010 1:00 am

The picture of you and Riley on the blanket? Is by far, one of the best pictures I’ve ever seen of you. Perfect. I don’t know why, but it is just gorgeous.

And could you just die for the letter from Riley and Dylan? So freaking awesome.

6. Lucy on May 10th, 2010 2:25 am

Lovely photos, lovely family!

7. JMH on May 10th, 2010 2:27 am

I LOVE the frame and pictures that the boys made for you. What a thoughful gift!

8. Eric's Mommy on May 10th, 2010 4:14 am

Beautiful pictures.

9. Maria on May 10th, 2010 4:24 am

I don’t know, I realize it’s not the location spot you’re trying for, but that first picture looks like a pretty darn good Mother’s Day photo to me. Glad you had a great one.

10. Julie on May 10th, 2010 5:13 am

Happy day! You look better with each passing year. Your hair looks fantastic in the 2010 family pic — do you flat iron? You’ve got great bangs, too. NICE!

11. Erica on May 10th, 2010 5:23 am

oh gosh, that park is paradise!
    looks a great day to just hang~! Happy Mother’s Day

12. Sara on May 10th, 2010 5:51 am

Looks like a great day to hang outside. Lovely. Glad you had a good one!

13. amanda on May 10th, 2010 6:57 am

i love your present. it gave me tears. me?!! so i know it got to you. HMD.

14. crisitunity on May 10th, 2010 7:02 am

Even though it’s really a lovely picture, I find something a little…Gothic about the lighting and the look in your eyes in the top picture. Like, “Here is our happy family…JUST BEFORE MOMMY LOST HER MIND.” I think the old-fashioned chair is part of what’s having that effect.

Hope that’s not insulting.

15. el-e-e on May 10th, 2010 7:07 am

Same way I rated my Mother’s Day — nowhere I had to go, nothing I had to do. Perfect.

Glad you enjoyed it!

16. Rachel on May 10th, 2010 7:15 am

I swear you are getting younger. Glad you had a great day!

17. Life of a Doctor's Wife on May 10th, 2010 7:16 am

So sweet! You have the cutest family!

18. Christine on May 10th, 2010 8:04 am

Aww. That first picture is hang-it-on-the-wall-right-now gorgeous. But then, the second is great too, with the bikes, and then the matching shirts, and the pretty dress… and then I got to the medal and got all sniffly. Well done you.

19. Georgia on May 10th, 2010 8:46 am

Wow, that first photo of the three of you is STUNNING! Dylan is turning out to be such a little jock, too! What fun it’s been watching him grow through this blog.

Happy Mother’s Day!

20. Erika on May 10th, 2010 9:12 am

My day wasn’t so good. When you have small children it’s really about what Daddy does. I married a guy that doesn’t do anything. It’s okay, it’s been 10 years and I’m used to it but I’d like it if he put a little more thought into it.

I could eat Dylan with a spoon. He is what I picture when I think of a cherub.

21. amy a. on May 10th, 2010 9:16 am

Where did you get your blue sundress? So pretty. I want one!

22. Sundry on May 10th, 2010 9:23 am

Amy: thanks! It’s from Eddie Bauer but it’s several years old. I like their sundress styles because you can actually wear a damn bra under them.

23. susan on May 10th, 2010 9:44 am

Beautiful day! That framed note from your boys shattered my cold heart into a million weepy slivers of goo.

24. Gleemonex on May 10th, 2010 9:56 am

Oh! I was thinking it was Athleta or maybe Title Nine.

Love these pics! Love the gift!

25. Amanda Blair on May 10th, 2010 10:00 am

That note they wrote you is precious!

26. Rachel on May 10th, 2010 4:23 pm

Okay, I have to ask. Does Dylan pedal that trike? My kid is almost the exact same age and we scoot around the neighborhood an inch at a time. He refuses to pedal.

27. Amy on May 10th, 2010 4:51 pm

Awww! We were going to plant our vegetable garden but it was raining here. Hubbo was gone, but my boys and I had a wonderful day just doing what we wanted when we wanted to do it. had some great notes/handprint cards from school. The funniest was my 8yo wrote “I love you so mack mom”. As I was reading it he realized he had mispelled much. I spent all day telling him I loved him so mack….it’s our new secret code!

28. Lesley on May 10th, 2010 8:32 pm

The first photo is perfect for Mother’s Day or any day. The ones that show Dylan freaking out are perfect, too.

And Riley’s printed words are so precious.

Btw, you didn’t age at all between this year and last, if the photos are anything to go by. Ok, that’s not quite true. You got younger.

29. Ginger on May 10th, 2010 10:06 pm

I love that your son is so “all boy” that he pops wheelies on a bike with training wheels! That one will keep you hoppin’!

30. Joy on May 11th, 2010 6:53 am

One question: Where is your plaid shirt?

31. Sundry on May 11th, 2010 8:50 am

Rachel: no, he doesn’t usually pedal — just pushes himself along with his feet on the ground. Have you seen the Skuut bike? I think Dylan would love something like that.

Ginger: that’s entirely the fault of JB, who totally encourages wheelies, despite the fact that 10% of the time Riley goes all the way over backwards and lands with the damn bike on top of him.

Joy: HA! I know, right? Good grief. It’s like a herd of mini lumberjacks.

32. Molly on May 11th, 2010 12:31 pm

It does look like a perfectly perfect Mother’s Day.

33. Kristine on May 13th, 2010 10:28 am

First time commenting…and doing so just to reveal that I get damn-near WEEPY every time I see that collage. (Ok, it’s been two times, but still.) SO SWEET! GAH!

34. Catriona on May 13th, 2010 12:35 pm