Man, we had a busy weekend.

Biking:

4608184886_db312da2f4

Pizza picnicking:

4608184030_4f77aefb6b

Nad-smashing:

4613865822_c4d7a8621d

Coloring:

4613247973_4e4c35ec34

Outdoor movie-watching:

4613247839_e7475a620a

And whatever-the-hell-this-is-ing:

4607575479_a41a26f302

It was a great couple of days but this morning I woke up thinking how I could really use a nice low-key weekend to recover from our weekend, you know? And then I went to work, the end.

Bah.

Oh, I’ve been meaning to tell you, Dylan’s sleeping much better at night now. I still have to go in every now and then and sort of blearily pat him a little to get him re-settled, but he’s not nearly as high-maintenance as he used to be. My favorite thing is that he no longer needs to be eased into sleep at bedtime. I can pretty much read him a story, cuddle him a bit, and he’s good to go . . . even if he doesn’t fall asleep right away.

Comments

42 Responses to “Active”

1. Mimi on May 17th, 2010 1:04 pm

I’m so glad he said HORSE. I was waiting for it. Too cute!

2. melanie on May 17th, 2010 1:08 pm

lol thats adorable!

3. Debbie on May 17th, 2010 1:10 pm

Looks like a good time! Are you at Alki in that bike pic? I live in West Seattle, and nothing beats running/walking (and I suppose, biking) at Alki in nice weather.
    The only downside is that my two favorite restaurants are there…Christo’s pizza and Sunfish fish n chips…man, it’s hard not to jog in and cancel out my hard work!

4. Melissa on May 17th, 2010 1:12 pm

Aww! Too precious for words.

5. LaundryBlogger on May 17th, 2010 1:13 pm

I can relate to needing to recuperate from time off! Crazy active weekends are… awesome? And I’m so glad mine isn’t the only kid who sings until he crashes :) Except we get 20 rounds of O’ Canada instead of Old McDonald ;)

6. samantha jo campen on May 17th, 2010 1:21 pm

That’s my favorite video ever. EVER.

7. John in Phoenix on May 17th, 2010 1:27 pm

What great photos of you and your family at the park and especially watching a movie on a blanket in your back yard. By the way, all of your hard work in the marathons and biking have paid off tremendously – you look AMAZING for a woman that has two little ones running around the house. I am PROUD of all that you have achieved. You set the goals and stuck with them. I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work and know that those of us that follow your endeavors are cheering you all the way. Thank you also for sharing your life with us. You are a special one indeed.

– John in Phoenix

8. Wendy on May 17th, 2010 1:46 pm

So cute! I like the belly shots too.

9. Kelli on May 17th, 2010 1:46 pm

That video is hilarious! Love it!

10. Redbecca on May 17th, 2010 1:57 pm

E-I-E-I-O!
    He is on key, too. Awesome! My little one is big into singing that song these days, too. Only his fascination is with COW. MOOOO!!!!

11. Carmen on May 17th, 2010 2:01 pm

Your weekend was amazing, for sure. However, I cannot get past the perfectly clean living room in that colouring picture. Where are the toys? The mountains of books? The piles of kitchen crap that gets used as toys? That’s what my living room looks like at any given moment. I am in AWE of your housekeeping skills.

12. Kym on May 17th, 2010 2:20 pm

Love the outdoor movie idea!! I’m totally “stealing” it :)

13. MRW on May 17th, 2010 2:31 pm

That settles it, I’ve GOT to get a video monitor.

14. Lisa May on May 17th, 2010 2:35 pm

My daughter – who is about 6 weeks younger than Dylan – sings this (and other selections) in her crib at night, too. Just when we think she’s settled down, she busts out with an “E-I-E-I-O!” or “W, X, Y AND Z!”

And I’m soooo with you on the relief of being able to put them in their crib and hear this instead of wailing and gnashing of teeth. Hooray for sleep-related milestones!

15. victoria on May 17th, 2010 2:57 pm

Your house and yeard are PERFECT and you have like, 0% body fat. This blog is starting to depress me.

16. Donna on May 17th, 2010 2:59 pm

I hear you on the recuperation thing, I just spent a fortune to go to cancun for 9 days, got ecoli two days before we came home, was trying to pass out and was hallucinating from the fever at the airport, (didn’t know if I was going to make it on the plane), and then was off for two WEEKS after I got home sick as a dog. I sooo need a vacation from my vacation.
    But at least it looked like you were having a good time, and your legs are awesome!
    And Dylan singing? Totally worth it’s weight in gold as blackmail material, but oh so cute!

17. lisa on May 17th, 2010 3:06 pm

that video made me laugh until my stomach hurt.. so adorable! Love the pictures too, looks like it was a great weekend.

18. Kristy on May 17th, 2010 3:55 pm

Let me just throw JB a little nod for those ab’s. That’s some hardcore working out on his part too. Not that I’m into that…I like my men to be far less attractive to other females.

19. Courtney on May 17th, 2010 3:55 pm

Dog! Dog made it into a photo! The belly picture makes me laugh until I cry. The look on Riley’s face! The sheer joy on Dylan’s!

20. CharChar on May 17th, 2010 3:59 pm

OMG – I thought video monitors were just for cursing at, biting nails, and eventually turning it off and stomping off to the nursery to ‘deal’..
    And yes, I’m with the comment that this blog is starting to depress me. I need a blogger mom who is a little lazier, a little less hot, house is less neat, kids are less adorable…..hey I just described ME..(other than the kid part, mine are pretty adorable too).

21. Erika on May 17th, 2010 4:05 pm

You look great! Your boys are so cute. All three of them.

22. amber on May 17th, 2010 5:03 pm

Looks to me like they’re flashing their abs all manly-like. :) So adorable.

Your life & the way you live it is really an inspiration.

23. H on May 17th, 2010 5:08 pm

How do you keep your house so neat with two young boys?! It looks like you had a blast. Good for you. Hello Dog!

24. Alex on May 17th, 2010 5:57 pm

Sometimes, I kinda want your life.

25. Alli on May 17th, 2010 6:03 pm

I was just re-reading the bike posts on Bodies this weekend taking notes and considering a bike! Is that still the Treck that you’re on? Still loving it? With all the marathons, I was wondering if biking was still on your agenda. I’d love an update!

26. elle on May 17th, 2010 6:04 pm

All that and no assistant(s)? My word!

Love the bellies photo.

27. 6512 and growing on May 17th, 2010 7:16 pm

That is the sort of weekend that can keep you going all though the week.
    What lucky boys!

28. Tina G on May 17th, 2010 7:31 pm

Oh gosh, that completely brought back memories for me- that used to be my daughter’s favorite song- we had many a version! Love his sweet little voice <3

29. Michelle on May 17th, 2010 9:40 pm

OMG…WANT that monitor. My two year old loves sleeping in a dark and quiet room so his door is closed and there are so many time when I’m DYING to know what’s going on in there. What kind of monitor is it?

30. lisa on May 18th, 2010 4:08 am

The outdoor movie watching is a great idea. Makes me miss our doggie :(

What a great way to spend a weekend!

31. Missy on May 18th, 2010 5:45 am

I love that you can hear whomever is filming the singing trying to stiffle their laughter! It’s almost – almost – funnier than Dylan singing!

32. Mandy on May 18th, 2010 5:50 am

Totally stealing the movie outside and pizza picnic ideas – family fun without a ton of work – nice! That is, if New England weather ever decides to warm the hell up.

33. Sara on May 18th, 2010 5:56 am

OK, I will be coming back to that video when ever I’m feeling grumpy because good god did it make me laugh. Also, when I grow up I want to look like you do in bike shorts.

34. Deb on May 18th, 2010 8:05 am

Can you stop looking so hot and fit and athletic please?

Jeez.

35. Erica on May 18th, 2010 10:11 am

The stiffled parent laughter totally made the video. I’ve done that so many times, but at the edge of the half-closed door. Love night-time eavesdropping!

36. Melissa on May 18th, 2010 11:01 am

Love it! My son likes to sing Twinkle Twinkle before he falls asleep…must record it! By the way, I’d like to compliment you on your super clean and organized living room! I can not keep my house looking like that no matter what I do. Running marathons, working, going to school and keeping the house spotless….damn girl!

37. warcrygirl on May 18th, 2010 1:26 pm

LOVE IT! He’ll be singing “Move Along” in the shower in no time!

38. Colleen - amadisonmom on May 18th, 2010 2:10 pm

Outdoor movie watching… now how is it I’ve never thought of that????

39. Alison on May 18th, 2010 3:33 pm

Funny, my Uncle Charlie sings the song JUST LIKE THAT after a few visits with Gentleman Jack. :)

Glad you guys had a great weekend!

40. Sonia on May 18th, 2010 3:50 pm

LOVED the video….”And on that farm, he had a……HRSE!” OMG, I’m crying from The Cute!

41. kirwin @ graceful creative on May 19th, 2010 8:04 am

In reference to the last photo, I think it’s quite obvious that they’re showing you “The Situation.” I mean, you do watch Jersey Shore, don’t you?! ; )

42. Amanda on May 24th, 2010 12:19 pm

Um, so. I want your life. And I’m not sorry. Also: JB, nice tummy. RAWR.