I got a call from JB today and he was all, “Blah blah blah Riley and I had a great blah blah awesome blah saw a lot of deer blah blah camping really cool blah”.

And me and Dilly were like, whatevs. Talk to the sofa, man.

5049387025_b990b39a51

5050006684_650c411ae0

5049387363_79bb229e41

5049387225_e8593338e7

In your face, JB. Now please come home immediately, because my new boyfriend Wilson who maybe looks a little like a volleyball is totally refusing to talk to me and I’ve got to be honest I’m a little, ha ha ha, SERIOUSLY FUCKING SICK of the couch-jumping game and oh my hell is it bedtime yet?

Comments

18 Responses to “Solo parenting, punch-drunk”

1. Rita on October 3rd, 2010 9:08 pm

“This is my child jumping on the couch? And he is also partially invisible? Or something?”

2. Mnerva on October 3rd, 2010 10:12 pm

Willllssoonnnnn!! Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Hang in there, Linda.

3. warcrygirl on October 4th, 2010 4:06 am

OMG, Dylan can jump like JB. Not that JB jumps on the furniture, mind you…

4. Clueless But Hopeful Mama on October 4th, 2010 4:39 am

I see a trampoline in your future! (Maybe for JB too?)

5. Amanda on October 4th, 2010 4:49 am

OMG he’s just so damn cute. Lucky he is.

6. Wendy on October 4th, 2010 6:29 am

So cute, but tiring as all heck I’m sure.

7. Aviva (omyc.wordpress.com) on October 4th, 2010 7:26 am

I have been there many, many times. It can be so exhausting, but at the same time — look at the utter delight on that little guy’s face. There’s a couch-jumping maniac buried deep inside all of us, I think! :)

8. Lindsey on October 4th, 2010 7:46 am

Laugh Out Loud funny.

9. Keri on October 4th, 2010 8:16 am

I love how honest you are about what it is like to be a parent, but more importantly, your Dilly is SO adorable. Fantastic shots!

10. Rachel on October 4th, 2010 8:37 am

This is awesome! Love the pictures. Love the Wilson reference.

11. 6512 and growing on October 4th, 2010 9:16 am

Funny!

And familiar. My husband recently returned from NINE days of hunting. Man, were we happy to see him even if it meant no more feeding the kids cereal for dinner in our bed whilst engaging in a You Tube cartoon marathon.

12. Christine on October 4th, 2010 10:06 am

So first I saw the pictures and thought: YAY! Then I got concerned regarding your child’s partially see through head – I mean, I’ve seen some things, but that? that is freaky…

BUT at the end of the day I leave you with: what couch do you have? Our giant leather sectional from IKEA certainly didn’t handle two adults nearly as well as yours seems to be doing in the face of young children no less. Do tell!

13. GHM on October 4th, 2010 10:24 am

I was wondering what I’m going to do with the sprog when we’re alone for 2 WEEKS in mid-DECEMBER in Seattle. Now I know – wreck the couch. And days 2-14, look forward to going to the airport.

14. Em on October 4th, 2010 12:07 pm

I’m alone with the 15 month old for 2 nights and that’s long enough without support / a break / someone to pour the whiskey once Niblet is in bed!

15. CharChar on October 4th, 2010 12:34 pm

The upside of having just your toddler is that you can totally trick him as soon as it gets dark after an early dinner, like 6pm “Oh look, bath time(or skip if not dirty), now bedtime” and they never know the difference coz unlike the smarty pants older one, can’t tell time :)
    My husband travels A LOT for work, I know the tricks and silver linings :)

16. Redbecca on October 4th, 2010 1:54 pm

The titles on these photos are all wrong. Each one should be renamed “Wheee!_1” “Wheee!_2” and so forth….

17. Shawna on October 4th, 2010 4:14 pm

How come we can see through Dylan’s head, but not his arms? Freaky!

18. Erika Peterson on October 5th, 2010 2:44 pm

Man, that kid might be recruited by the cheer squad or circus with that kind of jumping. Cute little fella.