Something to balance out all the rain-and-darkness-related bitching:

5443907206_c6e5c02e7d

5443906992_38f4cfcb8d

5443906842_23a907b92c

5443906368_8a8c49a1b7

5443906056_94877a1002

5443905756_2cdd15db67

5443302323_45ebd72da5

5443302693_f9b76c93bc

5443302507_23c8b6536b

Hell of a job, Sunday. Let’s do this one again soon.

Comments

25 Responses to “February in Seattle”

1. Erin on February 13th, 2011 9:42 pm

This is why we put up with the gray weather. I’ll need another reminder in a week or so.

2. Heather C on February 13th, 2011 9:54 pm

T-shirts? In FEBRUARY? The mind, it boggles.

3. Mary on February 13th, 2011 10:32 pm

This is why we live here, and put up with winter. For days like this. Lovely pictures!

4. Marianne on February 13th, 2011 10:53 pm

These are really the days that make Pacific Northwest winter bearable, aren’t they?

5. Maggie on February 13th, 2011 11:05 pm

Were you over at Fay Bainbridge? That’s my neck of the woods! And yes – days like this are why we put up with the gray, dark, raining forever and ever oh god kill me now winters.

6. NancyJ on February 14th, 2011 4:30 am

I had the same thought as @Heather C – T-shirts in February!? You dog!
    The pictures are beautiful as is the family.

7. Shawna on February 14th, 2011 5:57 am

What the? Where’s the snow? Where’s the huge winter boots and snow pants and toques and mitts and jackets and scarves?

Ottawa, I am putting you on notice…

8. pilot_e on February 14th, 2011 6:27 am

omg, that’s what it looks like where you live??!! GEEEEEEEEEZ. Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

9. Rachel on February 14th, 2011 7:15 am

I hope I can say in a totally not creepy way that you have an extremely attractive spouse. There is nothing more beautiful to me than my husband hanging with my kid. Gorgeous day and gorgeous family!

10. Brianna on February 14th, 2011 8:38 am

So beautiful!

11. Life of a Doctor's Wife on February 14th, 2011 8:46 am

Looks lovely! What a nice way to spend the day with the family.

12. Miche on February 14th, 2011 9:19 am

Love the pix!! (Shawna, it is supposed to go up to 11 degrees here in Ottawa by week’s end! Hang in there!)

13. Donna on February 14th, 2011 9:26 am

I have got to travel up that way, I’ve never been, and it looks gorgeous!
    Riley is JB’s little mini me isn’t he? And Dylan is just as cute as a bug! No pictures of you?
    I know, there’s never any pictures of me either!

14. Kath on February 14th, 2011 11:05 am

Weird – three people from Ottawa? I’m not there right now, but I’m from there and my sister still lives there.

I had a great Sunday too, but I didn’t leave the house …

Love the reflection photo.

15. Holly on February 14th, 2011 11:40 am

JEALOUS!! We are on the other side of the state and have been trying to get back to the west side for a year now, just for those days. So beautiful, miss is so much.

16. Eric's Mommy on February 14th, 2011 12:35 pm

I am moving out there.
    It is 50 degrees in MA right now and I am loving it, but we still have 1,000 feet of snow.

17. kkeenan2 on February 14th, 2011 3:14 pm

and this in one post… encompasses why I miss home.

all the grey is worth it for this… and yes I lived in Seattle for 9 years so I know the crap and the tone we all use to shout MOUNTAIN’S OUT!!!

18. Kerilyn on February 14th, 2011 3:25 pm

Look who got their camera back in working order! Gorgeous photos.

19. Sarah on February 14th, 2011 6:33 pm

Looks like an amazing day!! Just beautiful! I, too, hope that the lovely weather sticks around for a while…

20. Amy on February 14th, 2011 7:49 pm

All three of you your boys are so beautiful!

21. Kelsey on February 14th, 2011 9:04 pm

Um, yeah, February in Western Ohio so does NOT look like that. Jealous.

22. Molly on February 15th, 2011 9:31 am

Ok that does it.

I have been reading your blog for a while now but have never commented.

These pictures of your boys bring back so many memories for me. I was born and raised in Seattle and we had a summer cabin on Whidbey Island (60’s and 70’s) and every summer was spent like “Huckleberry Finn”….bare feet, beaches and bon fires! And the ferry’s back then were not as modern. I remember the Illahee, Klickitat, Nisqually and Quinalt when all you had was a hallway to walk thru on the upper deck. Most of my Family still live up there and I even have a sister that raised her boys on Whidbey so I know how crazy Seattle has gotten.

I know that you have been contemplating moving to Oregon (Roseburg?), actually I live on the Oregon Coast right now (Florence) and surely it is a beautiful place but I have to say nothing compares to the beautiful NW corner of the USA called “Puget Sound”. Your boys will have memories that will last a lifetime.

Thanks so much for these wonderful pics it made my day.

Molly

23. Sarah on February 16th, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh, Seattle! My heart aches. We didn’t live there long enough. It’s those mountain views that peek out just when you’ve given up, that make you decide you can go on.

24. Rhonda on February 19th, 2011 10:04 am

I’m pretty close to Ottawa (near Belleville) and we had a beautiful warm day on Thursday and paid like hell for it last night (twisters anyone?). Seattle is like Canada’s Vancouver I guess, we all look at so longingly (especially during February).

BTW. LOVE this blog, been reading for a few months now. My kids are all grown now (23,22,21 and 18) and these beautiful kids take me back.

Rhonda

25. Lori O on February 19th, 2011 2:12 pm

You live in a beautiful place! They just don’t have nice outdoor spaces to venture out to as a family here in Kansas. We have to take a trip to see any beautiful nature.