Scavenger hunts, fishing, canoeing, water balloons, swimming, presents, cake, gorgeous weather, and a brand-new baby cousin. Oh, you guys: best birthday weekend ever.

6094466131_d42249f6b2

6095005784_39f1b7f9a1

6094466363_0665359b75

6095006806_b6623697f3

6094466617_1eb2c70e3a

6094466769_7a2035520b

6094466961_b86784a7d2

6095006624_0099af93c6

6095006978_d76acf78f0

6094466019_d382c0b40f

6094466463_5d8d4a3c70

Comments

35 Responses to “Cabin birthday”

1. Eric's Mommy on August 29th, 2011 5:24 pm

Looks like a wonderful birthday weekend.
    Happy Birthday Riley!

2. JudithNYC on August 29th, 2011 5:32 pm

Happy Birthday to Riley. I can’t believe he’s 6!

3. Amy B on August 29th, 2011 5:35 pm

Love! Whenever I see you post from wherever it is that you go that is THAT fucking gorgeous, I say a tiny prayer that you & JB will find a way to go live there* because obviously you & your family are so so happy.

*p.s. could be somewhere else…but you get the point.

4. PinkieBling on August 29th, 2011 5:39 pm

Ohhh! Gorgeous family, beautiful setting, outstanding photos.

The table looked great! Not overdone, but festive and complementary to the scenery. Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy birthday, Riley!

5. jessi on August 29th, 2011 5:43 pm

Your boys are so adorable!!! <3

6. Ter on August 29th, 2011 5:43 pm

Happy birthday Riley! How is he six already?? That Kenny Chesney song ‘Don’t Blink’ just came to mind…

7. NancyJ on August 29th, 2011 5:45 pm

Happy Birthday Riley!
    I cannot believe how grown up both boys look! So sweet!

8. Jennifer on August 29th, 2011 6:17 pm

Looks like a fantastic time had by all, especially the birthday boy.

PS: your hair always looks gorgeous lately!

9. donnathedead@yahoo.com on August 29th, 2011 6:17 pm

6? 6? It can’t be already.
    And don’t you guys ever take a bad picture? You ALL look gorgeous!
    The one of you on the floaty thing? That’s gonna be the one that your kids look back on and go look how goofy we all were, and their friends go yeah, but DAMN, your mom was hot!!!
    Much like we look back at our pictures in the 80s. Or 70’s, 60’s whatever.

10. Danell on August 29th, 2011 6:29 pm

So beautiful. Everything. You, the kids, the setting, the family…
    Happy Birthday, Riley!

11. Katie on August 29th, 2011 6:34 pm

Great pictures- Riley looks so happy :)

12. Liz on August 29th, 2011 6:47 pm

lovely pictures and such happy faces!
    Happy Birthday Riley!

13. Kathleen on August 29th, 2011 6:53 pm

While it all looks pretty fun, my first thought was “Hey, a family photo where everyone looks great!” Then I realized you were missing one. Was Dylan off to the side making a goofy face? :D

14. Jessica on August 29th, 2011 7:28 pm

I love your dress!

15. jill on August 29th, 2011 8:41 pm

I saw the LEGO box, and let me just say….. I feel your pain. LEGOLAND will blow Riley’s mind. Hurry up though cause it’s geared for the smaller set. My son is afraid of EVERYTHING and he just turned 6 and loved it.

16. Kristin on August 29th, 2011 8:59 pm

Looks like a fabulous weekend! I love your dress too! Where did you get it????

17. Amber Lena on August 29th, 2011 9:41 pm

Where did you get that dress??? I must have it. You guys are so adorable!

18. Linda on August 29th, 2011 10:26 pm

Kristin/Amber: I can’t remember buying the dress, but the fancy MERONA tag tells me it’s from Target. :)

19. CC on August 29th, 2011 10:50 pm

Looks.Like.Bliss

you lucky dog :)

20. Nolita on August 30th, 2011 6:10 am

Awww! Riley looks so happy. They are both so adorable. What great memories you have given them…and what an idyllic little retreat for the family.

P.S. You rook marverous!

21. Courtney on August 30th, 2011 7:43 am

Oh god, that last picture made my ovaries ache!!! Such great kids- Happy belated Birthday to Riley!

22. Amy M. on August 30th, 2011 8:17 am

Aw, happy birthday, Riley. Looks like so much fun!

23. Jennifer on August 30th, 2011 8:24 am

Beeeeyoutifullllll pictures. I am jealous.

24. Angella on August 30th, 2011 8:46 am

This just made me smile. And that last photo? FRAMER.

25. Christine on August 30th, 2011 9:04 am

Riley is 6? How is that possible?
    We had a hurricane, and you had all that. Lucky you guys.

26. ana on August 30th, 2011 10:44 am

happy birthday to riley! your photos capture what a great time you all had…lovely.

27. Cindy on August 30th, 2011 11:08 am

Looks like you kicked ass and the birthday boy was all smiles. Nice!

28. Belle on August 30th, 2011 1:09 pm

Riley in the floppy fishing hat reminds me of Henry Fonda in “On Golden Pond”! That is a complement, by the way. So cute.

What a great venue for the birthday boy. Looks like you all had a wonderful yet relaxing time.

29. Sarah on August 30th, 2011 1:21 pm

I love seeing him in the water. I’m assuming that means this time was different for him than the previous not good time at the cabin. Yay for all of you! And are you going to share what you came up with for the scavenger hunt? I’d love to see the end product after the brainstorm session you had.

30. mixette on August 30th, 2011 1:29 pm

Riley is absolutely *beaming* in those pictures! Great job.

31. Amanda Brown on August 30th, 2011 2:01 pm

Looks like so much fun. In an unrelated thought, your legs are WORKS OF ART. So jealous.

32. Amy on August 30th, 2011 8:22 pm

I was going to comment and ask where you got that awesome dress, but I just noticed you answered someone about that already. Bummer if it’s Target. You can never find the same thing there from week! Looks awesome on you though. :)

33. whoorl on August 31st, 2011 11:33 am

Truly awesome. Happy Birthday, Riley!

34. Cheryl M. on September 1st, 2011 8:31 am

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Oh lol! I have the same bouncy chair for my little one!

35. Shawna on September 1st, 2011 7:57 pm

Such a great set of pics! And I swear your boys look older, but JB looks younger!

Fabulous hair on you, by the way! What an attractive family!