Meet Callie:

cat

We adopted her today from the Humane Society, and she is as sweet as can be.

cat6

I thought it might take her a while to warm up to us, but no. She’s super affectionate and mellow.

cat2

She’s pretty curious about exploring her new digs, though, which I suppose is to be expected.

cat3

I have been going back and forth to the Humane Society for weeks now, obsessing over various cats. I was worried about finding the right age—the shelters are filled with beautiful older cats, but I was concerned how a senior pet would adjust to a house filled with rambunctious noisy-ass children. Callie is 2, and she seems to be doing just fine so far.

cat4

I LIKE HER SO MUCH YOU GUYS.

cat5

Comments

106 Responses to “Someone new”

1. Kristen on September 29th, 2011 9:47 am

I looove her. So glad you found yourself a sweet kitty! Let me know how long it takes before she starts knocking shit off your desk while you’re trying to work.

2. Tracy on September 30th, 2011 9:47 am

Love her. Making that pet love connection is so wonderful, congrats!

3. sjb on October 4th, 2011 3:52 pm

Also, tee hee, I already commented on this post earlier but my female calico cat from the humane society also came pre-named Callie. Do you think they just name all female calicos that because it gets so tiresome trying to come up with original names after a few decades?

4. KKF on October 11th, 2011 9:29 am

So has anyone told you that she totally looks like a Maine Coon? It’s what I have, and they’re smart! They’re totally affectionate! They totally bond with and talk to family members!
    and she’s gonna get big, too. At two she looks like she’s at what, 6-8lbs? Don’t be surprised if she hits 10-14 easy. It’ll be all muscle though. And you might want to try the big chunk catfood that she can really crunch into and take her time on (like the Royal Canin #31 that my princess lurves).
    OOHOHHHOOO! I’m soo happy you have such a sweet, sassy, gorgeous new face in your home! Congrats!

5. DLC on February 2nd, 2012 7:30 am

Test

6. dlc on February 2nd, 2012 7:47 am

Could not agree more with most of these comments. I adopted a 2 yr old calico from my local shelter in early December 2011. ‘Dixie’ is absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. I have a terminal illness, and wanted a companion to share the remaining time with me. Dixie is the sweetest, kindest, best friend a man could have. She is beautiful, very affectionate, and has a squeaky meow that would melt your heart. Every night, she snuggles up against me in bed as I try to sleep, nuzzling my hand, and licking me as if to say ‘thank you’ for taking me from that shelter. I pray that someone will take VERY good care of her after I’m gone.