Current running playlist, and iTunes Ping link, for those who are interested in such things:

Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 3.25.19 PM

(*I* am most definitely interested in such things, so you should tell me about whatever music is rocking your earbuds lately.)

3 handy tips for running, from me to you:

• Don’t drink one of those 5 Hour Energy drinks before a run.
• No, seriously, don’t.
• You know how the logo has that athletic-looking figure on it, all supercharged with energy and stuff? He’s sprinting for a bathroom.

Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 7.10.40 PM

Speaking of crappy (har!) advice, one or two of you may remember a website I used to run called Sundry Buzz. I retired the site a long time ago, but it seems someone has grabbed the URL and is using my old tagline while publishing a bunch of weird Engrish-sounding spam. Sorry if a long-dead RSS feed suddenly lit up with a bunch of strange articles about log cabins and “health club services to get you stress-free today!”

Lastly, we carved pumpkins tonight, and I love how the boys’ designs turned out :

Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 6.57.04 PM

I also carved one, and here’s your chance to click away, because mine is a maybe-spoiler for the season 4 finale of Breaking Bad. Haven’t seen it? Look no further! La la la la la la are you gone yet?

Okay, here it is:

gus

Comments

28 Responses to “Misc.”

1. Christina on October 23rd, 2011 7:57 pm

Black and Yellow Wiz Khalifa
    I Wanna Go Britney Spears
    Carry Out Timbaland/JT
    The Edge of Glory Lady Gaga
    Bloodbuzz The National
    Skinny Love Bon Iver
    Make Some Noise Beastie Boys
    The Way It Goes or Look at Miss Ohio Gillian Welch
    My Body Young the Giant
    Don’t Stop Foster the People
    Most any Mumford and Sons
    Just Can’t Get Enough The Black Eyed Peas

Glad you did one of these! I love them and always get new song ideas!!!

2. Heather Skipper on October 23rd, 2011 8:14 pm

My current playlist includes –

Airborne Toxic Event – Changing (entire album is good)
    Jem – They
    LMFAO – Sexy & I Know It
    LMFAO – Yes
    Electric Owls – Magic Show
    Jack Penate – Pull My Heart Away
    The Jealous Sound – Hope for Us
    Gaslight Anthem – Bring it On
    Citizen King – Better Days
    Florence & the Machine – Kiss w/ a Fist
    Hole – Doll Parts
    Cure – Strange Day
    Mumford & Sons – entire album
    Carbon Leaf – Love Loss Hope Repeat, Life Less Ordinary, Block of Wood, War was in Color, What About Everything, Mellow, Mary Mac, Torn & Tattered, Any Given Day

3. Kristin on October 23rd, 2011 8:34 pm

The pumpkin on the far right looks like it is suspicious since the lid is not on all the way. Funny post–especially the part about the energy drink!

4. Anonymous on October 23rd, 2011 9:08 pm

Well…I suppose you run faster that way!

5. Melissa on October 23rd, 2011 9:09 pm

Awesome pumpkins. My run list needs a little reviving. I’ll let you know after all the candy next week :)

6. Amy on October 24th, 2011 4:36 am

Wow, your play lists are way cooler than mine. I tag songs using the Shazam app on my droid while I am driving. Any song that makes me want to drive fast goes on my running play list. One of my recent favorites is Waving Flag. If you play/like soccer, this is a good one.

Amy
    Mom of 3
    Runner, Doula, Business Owner, Cost Analyst, Chocoholic (the order changes with my mood)

7. Claire on October 24th, 2011 5:18 am

I love when people post their playlists because I need new stuff all the time. Currently, I am rocking A LOT of 80s hair bands: Cinderella, Winger, Warrant, etc.

8. zoot on October 24th, 2011 5:58 am

OH…but what IS AWESOME is the watermelon CHOMPS by Gu. I took those on my run this weekend and they were so tasty! First fuel I’ve found for during a run that hasn’t made me want to vomit.

9. Stephanie on October 24th, 2011 6:44 am

Your energy drink comment just made me laugh my ass off. Thank you!

10. Karen on October 24th, 2011 7:29 am

Um, I just watched the last episode of Breaking Bad yesterday, and your pumpkin is hilarious. That was the first television experience of my life where I sat up and screamed excitedly. Such a great show.

11. Kizz on October 24th, 2011 8:25 am

That is a BRILLIANT use of the willies I got after the season finale of Breaking Bad. Oh Gus, we hardly knew ya!

12. Christine on October 24th, 2011 9:12 am

So sad Gus is gone for this world. I’ve had some major BB withdrawal lately so have been rewatching the first season. That said your pumpkin is freaking amazing.

13. nolita on October 24th, 2011 9:14 am

Love Gus Pumpkin! Missing BB too….

14. Michelle on October 24th, 2011 10:11 am

You always make me laugh SO hard! I love your sense of humor :)

P.S. totally rad pumpkin designs, jus sayin!

15. MRW on October 24th, 2011 11:00 am

Had to look away from your pumpkin – at least for about four more days until I finish my BB marathon. All other pumpkins looked awesome. I have no running music recommendations as that would require me to actually be running outside instead of indoors on treadmill city (circling back to the BB marathon I’ve been going through).

16. nonsoccermom on October 24th, 2011 11:20 am

Ah, a bunch of my favorites on your playlist there, I’ll have to check out the others.

The 5-hour energy drink warning makes me laugh. But I’m quite sure it wasn’t funny at the time.

17. Lizzie Tonn on October 24th, 2011 11:22 am

the song that I shit-kick the shit out of, is:

Ground Shake by Dirty Radio listen to it a couple of times and you’ll be hooked.

18. Anonymous on October 24th, 2011 5:07 pm

Foster the People…Pumped Up Kicks.
    I know, I know. How pop-ish of me, right?

I did a 5 hour energy once. It had no effect on me at all. I was sooo disappointed.

19. Suburban Snapshots on October 24th, 2011 6:11 pm

Weezer: If You’re Wondering

20. eileen on October 24th, 2011 8:31 pm

one song for you:
    red solo cup by toby keith
    it will burn a hole in your brain and will still be there! just goes to show a song can indeed be written about anything! silly little ditty I have been singing since I heard it! you’re welcome.

21. eileen on October 24th, 2011 8:36 pm

oh, and as for 5 hour energy shots? ya, 14 hour drive from idaho to calif, took one, felt nothing after an hour so, what the heck, maybe if I drink another one it will last 10 hours. um, guess what? doesn’t work that way! can we say crawling out of my skin, driving across the God forsaken nevada desert alone with the dog, drooling on myself. not my best idea. had to stop in south lake tahoe for the night, and yes, I did sleep, albiet with bizzare dreams! learnng curve? um, never again!

22. annie on October 24th, 2011 9:31 pm

You need love is a battlefield… Get the cover by ceelo green and the vicki chick that won the voice. I always kick assduring that song.

23. Melissa on October 25th, 2011 8:04 am

What I need is a way to watch television when I run. Could someone get on that please? I get so bored and no matter the playlist I find all kinds of ways to talk myself into walking for just a minute.

@annie Javier won The Voice..not Vicki. But i agree, that song/cover is awesome.

24. Very Bloggy Beth on October 25th, 2011 8:15 am

LOL. I stopped watching Breaking Bad with the huz long ago because of the gore factor (I think around that dissolved-dead-body-eats-through-ceiling scene). But, I happened to be blogging away in the living room when he watched that finale, and HOLY HELL. Nice job on the pumpkin, a perfect rendition.

25. Kelly on October 25th, 2011 10:02 am

I Might- Wilco
    Tightrope- Janelle Monae Ft. Big Boi
    Dead Disco- Metric
    Trouble Comes Running- Spoon
    Romance- Wild Flag
    Skeleton Song- Kate Nash
    Sydney (I’ll Come Running)- Brett Dennen
    Tall Boy- Har Mar Superstar

Thank you for yours! I’m in NEED of new stuff.

26. Kelly on October 25th, 2011 10:04 am

OH!
    My Mistakes- Eleanor Friedberger

27. Lindsay on October 25th, 2011 2:36 pm

I am loving AWOLNATION.

28. deanna on October 25th, 2011 2:57 pm

[1] i too love running to heads will roll by the yeah yeah yeahs. truthfully, ive been jamming to old school weezer, dashboard confessional and RHCP on my runs lately. lame, yes, but for some reason theyre working.

[2] your pumpkin is AMAZING. face off! ahh. i started watching that show based on your recommendation and omg so fantastic it kills me. i will be SO SAD when its done. (also, im *so* gonna miss gus. seriously, though…where do they go from HERE?!)