This has to be the absolute perfect age for Halloween. But that’s what I said last year.

1_a

Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 6.52.40 PM

Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 6.52.12 PM

2_a

Comments

16 Responses to “October 31st just keeps getting better”

1. Cathy on November 1st, 2011 7:20 pm

Beautiful pictures, as always! Mind if I ask how you shot the photo of the boys going up onto the front porch? That’s an amazing night time pic!

2. Linda on November 1st, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks Cathy. :) I took that photo with my iPhone — I was shocked it turned out at all!

3. Alexandra on November 1st, 2011 7:49 pm

Cute costumes! I hope you saw a lot of trick-or-treaters last night; we didn’t have many down in DuPont!

4. Sonia on November 1st, 2011 11:43 pm

So. CUTE!
    We had a great Halloween this year too…my mostly non-verbal kiddo said ‘Trick or Treat’ at a house, unprompted. Major breakthrough for us!! WOOOT! I posted a video on facebook of him saying it at home. We go to a friend’s neighborhood to have dinner, then the adults drink hot spiced wine while we stroll with the kids to get the candy loot. One profession I didn’t envy today? Teachers! My kid was in a sugar coma this morning, and it couldn’t have been much different for the rest of his class.

5. NancyJ on November 2nd, 2011 3:26 am

Great pictures! Riley and Dylan are so darn cute!

We had about 30 kids come to our door. I turned the lights out with 4 pieces of candy left so husband and I could eat them.

6. Eric's Mommy on November 2nd, 2011 4:33 am

The boys look so cute! I love JB’s pumpkin head man too, pretty creepy.

We had no Halloween :( We got a foot of snow instead and lost power, we still have no power and we lost it Saturday afternoon. I’ve heard that we may have trick or treating tomorrow, but I’m not sure if we are going to do it.

7. Kate on November 2nd, 2011 5:41 am

Somebody was handing out granola bars? Lame.

8. Erika on November 2nd, 2011 5:55 am

We used that same Melissa and Doug dress up knight outfit, because I detest Halloween costumes. And both of my kids chose costumes that involved a sword, too.

9. BabyKMama on November 2nd, 2011 8:14 am

The boys look great! I hope my son wants to be a knight someday, I love that costume!

10. Carrie (in MN) on November 2nd, 2011 8:31 am

I’m curious about the candy sorted into four containers at the end – do you and JB take your share of the haul so blatantly instead of stealing it like I do? If so, huzzah to you for your forthrightness. Don’t mind me over here eating my purloined Reese’s cups.

11. Alyssa on November 2nd, 2011 9:46 am

I agree, this was an awesome Halloween. My boys are 2 and 4 and were really into it. Next year will be even better!! Your guys are super cute.

12. Erin@MommyontheSpot on November 2nd, 2011 11:15 am

Adorable pictures!

13. H on November 2nd, 2011 11:26 am

The boys look so grown up! I love the costumes and poses.

14. Jennifer on November 2nd, 2011 4:14 pm

Which was the one so excited about getting an eraser in his loot? :D

15. yaya on November 2nd, 2011 7:03 pm

I agree, my son is 4.5 and this was an awesome year. So thrilled & sweet & funny…I started thinking about a few years from now when he is a loud obnoxious 8yr old boy (I had two brothers & 8 was not my favorite age for them. chaos) I enjoyed the night but also felt sad that the time is fleeting…Lately every day feels like the ‘best time’ and I just want to hold on to everything so tightly and/or stop time :-) Wonderful pix, the candy counting is something I loved as a kiddo, loved.

16. MacLeod House on November 2nd, 2011 11:41 pm

We had our first Halloween (on account of just having moved countries earlier this year) my boys are 6 and 3 – and gosh we had such a great time! They were dressed as Harry Potter and Superman respectively. not terribly imaginative on my part, but still, it was awesome.