Some of you mentioned that the space above the bookshelf looks bare. I agree. But I’m not going to bother hanging anything there, because in a matter of weeks, someone else will be living in this house.

That’s the plan, anyway. The plan that I’ve been dying to tell you about, but couldn’t until now. The plan that came together in a rush of exciting new opportunities and downright terrifying decisions.

Two years ago we started working in earnest toward our goal of moving to Oregon. Two months ago I believed it wasn’t meant to be—that we’d done our best, but it was time to move on and stop dreaming.

Today? Well, shit, friends. Everything has changed.

JB has an amazing new job in Eugene that starts in May. Our house went on the market earlier this month and we got a solid offer two days later. We have a rental house in Eugene that looks like the perfect temporary location while we plan our next real estate step.

Soon everything is going to be so different, and oh, you guys. I’m so excited and nervous and I can hardly believe this is finally happening.

Comments

268 Responses to “WE ARE MOVING HOLY SH-”

1. Joybell on April 11th, 2012 3:57 pm

So happy for your family. Eugene is my hometown, and I will forever be a Duck! Love that city. Such a great place for kids; it has so much to offer, but still feels “cozy”. Good luck, and I can’t wait to hear about your upcoming adventures!

2. k on April 11th, 2012 4:17 pm

oh my gosh i’m so, so happy for you!! i was so sad when you posted that you were moving on and giving up the dream. so sad. but now YAY!!! i can’t wait to hear details! congrats to JB on the new job, and congrats to you and your whole fan on making it to oregon! :D

3. Tripta on April 11th, 2012 4:39 pm

Yay for you!

4. Cranky Sarah Reads the Internet | The Anvil Tree on April 11th, 2012 6:58 pm

[…] of all, my very sweet friend Linda has some well-deserved good news to share. I love Linda more than my luggage for many reasons, some of which being that we both have a gaggle […]

5. Gwen on April 11th, 2012 7:32 pm

So fantastic. Also, proof that dreams come true!

6. Susie on April 12th, 2012 6:12 am

Oh, man — that’s such amazing news! Congratulations, Linda, JB, and little guys!! Also, selfishly, it will be fun to go along with you, read about the adventure, see the new place, hear about the settling in…how exciting!

7. Amy on April 12th, 2012 7:23 am

As a long time reader and big fan of yours – very happy to hear this news. Life is too short to not follow your dreams. Best of luck!

8. Redbecca on April 12th, 2012 8:05 am

Yay!!! Great news all around! So happy for you and so happy to see a dream realized!

9. Samantha on April 12th, 2012 8:31 am

I’ve been meaning to stop over here to congratulate you after I saw your tweet the other night. Yayyyyy, your dreams are coming true. Congrats!

10. Jessica on April 12th, 2012 9:56 am

What great news! How exciting for everyone! I’m so glad this is finally working out for you! I look forward to many pictures and stories of this new chapter in your life!

11. souphead on April 12th, 2012 10:13 am

ZOMG! Congratulations to JB and to all of you! This is so awesome. How great to finally get to go where you really want to be. Closer to the place you love and closer to family.
    Beyond overjoyed for you.

12. Joy on April 13th, 2012 9:12 am

Okay…just read this post and HOLY COW, congratulations. This is so wonderful and I wish a smooth transition for you and the family.

13. Samantha on April 13th, 2012 11:44 am

That’s so exciting! Congratulations!

14. Susan on April 13th, 2012 8:21 pm

Yippee, yahoo!!! Congratulations!

15. lauren on April 13th, 2012 10:21 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a LONG time, but I don’t think I’ve ever left a comment… but I just couldn’t resist saying congratulations on your news! How exciting to see a dream realized for you and your family. As an Oregonian, I also wanted to be one of the first to say welcome! (even though you’ll be in Duck territory ;)

16. Jen on April 16th, 2012 7:56 am

Awesome news Linda!!! I’m so very happy for you guys. We are making our dream move back out west this July (Vancouver Island) so I know how wonderful it feels to have things finally fall into place. Best of luck!

17. Lori O on April 16th, 2012 3:12 pm

I’ve never met you in person but been following for a few years and this blog post made me teary and excited for you! I remember reading your post about thinking it might be time to give up on the dream and my heart was heavy for you. So thrilled to read this. Congrats!

18. Amy on April 18th, 2012 12:35 pm

Totally late to catch up because…hell…my life is moving at light speed these days. But YEAH! WOO HOO! WAY TO GO! CONGRATS!

And yes…the muppets manah manah is totally stuck in my head now damn you!