After a couple of the most exhausting days I can remember, we are in Eugene, unpacked and settling in. More to come, but I thought I’d share a few of the photos I’ve snapped via phone:
My favorite things so far:
• Being able to visit family whenever we want (look at my nephew, baby Charlie! He’s getting so big!)
• The ridiculously vast expanse of the rental’s backyard
• The giant windows everywhere
• The charming street we’re on, and the nearly incomprehensible quiet of the neighborhood (we see maybe one car every hour or so)
• Eugene! It’s awesome!
• Lying in bed at night and hearing the wistful sound of far-off trains
• The fact that my boys are communicating with the neighbor kids via notes taped to a ball that’s thrown back and forth over a fence
I am so happy to be here, you guys.