After a couple of the most exhausting days I can remember, we are in Eugene, unpacked and settling in. More to come, but I thought I’d share a few of the photos I’ve snapped via phone:

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.16.34 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.15.55 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.17.08 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.17.46 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.18.11 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.19.24 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.27.55 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.18.58 AM

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 10.19.56 AM

My favorite things so far:

• Being able to visit family whenever we want (look at my nephew, baby Charlie! He’s getting so big!)
• The ridiculously vast expanse of the rental’s backyard
• The giant windows everywhere
• The charming street we’re on, and the nearly incomprehensible quiet of the neighborhood (we see maybe one car every hour or so)
• Eugene! It’s awesome!
• Lying in bed at night and hearing the wistful sound of far-off trains
• The fact that my boys are communicating with the neighbor kids via notes taped to a ball that’s thrown back and forth over a fence

I am so happy to be here, you guys.

Comments

122 Responses to “Arrived”

1. erica on May 28th, 2012 10:42 am

It looks like paradise!
    Congratulations on a new chapter

2. Lori on May 28th, 2012 10:43 am

Congratulations! So happy that you are in the place that you and your family want to be. Good stuff.

3. twisterfish on May 28th, 2012 10:45 am

Love the notes on the ball!

4. Kristin on May 28th, 2012 10:59 am

Why am I tearing up over your pictures? I think that one with your hubby and son getting into the moving truck is a classic picture. And I also love the ball the with the notes. Glad to see you’re safe and happy!

5. Cristi on May 28th, 2012 11:13 am

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!!

6. michelle l. on May 28th, 2012 11:13 am

Love the notes on the ball! The new place looks awesome. Congratulations – you did it!

7. Tessa on May 28th, 2012 11:20 am

Notes on a ball is maybe the cutest thing I’ve ever seem. I don’t remember beingso creative when I was a kid…

8. Christy on May 28th, 2012 11:25 am

I am so psyched for you guys. Your new place looks beautiful. What an exciting chapter in your lives.

9. Rachel on May 28th, 2012 11:27 am

omigosh, the ball with the notes is so far beyond awesome that there is no word for it.

Have I mentioned how completely besottedly happy I am for you guys to be living this dream?

10. Rachel on May 28th, 2012 11:28 am

OK since Kristen admitted it first I’ll just go ahead and say that this post made me get all lump-throated and teary.

11. JudithNYC on May 28th, 2012 11:48 am

What the first commenter said reminded me of the first time I saw Eugene. I had run away from an abusive husband (not my son’s father) and hopped on the first bus going out of town. I knew we were going north but I did not know where we would stop. Maybe Canada. We rode all day and night from Southern California and when daylight came we were in Oregon. When we reached Eugene, one of the boys said, “This is paradise.” So I told my sons “OK, so then this is where our trip ends.” We stayed in Eugene for the next 20 years. They boys had a great childhood and got a great education.

Again, Linda, I wish the very best for you and your men. Eugene can be a magical place.

12. Kate on May 28th, 2012 12:03 pm

Those pictures are definitely worth a thousand MILLION words. Even though I love where I live (most of the year), I have to say that Oregon always tugs at my heart when I go there.

Your new neighborhood looks awesome and I love the ball notes. How sweet that they’re already making friends.

13. NancyB on May 28th, 2012 12:27 pm

I’m so happy that the move is done! Enjoy meeting new people and exploring the neighborhood and town. Plus it’s great living near family (most of the time!)

14. Meagan on May 28th, 2012 12:38 pm

Hurray! Welcome to Eugene! (From the once Oregonian now Clevelander). LOVE the red-ball notes. If you go to the 6th Street Grill (across the street feom the Hult Center) and have lunch in the bar in the next couple weeks my mom is Angie, the day bartender.

15. Christine on May 28th, 2012 12:46 pm

That is so great. I’m so happy for you guys. And I love the notes on the ball.

16. wealhtheow on May 28th, 2012 1:44 pm

CON. GRATS. I love Eugene, and I love love love Ashland. The boys are so lucky to be growing up there!

17. Kris on May 28th, 2012 2:38 pm

Look up long’s butcher shop, they have the best meat, its a humane butcher shop, and OMG their stuff is the best. Also, very good prices.

18. Jill Browning on May 28th, 2012 2:43 pm

So happy for you, Linda. Being near family is amazing, even if they make you want to pull your hair out from time to time. What an incredible gift it is for your children to be able to grow up with their cousins.

And I LOVE your new house!! If it had more storage, I’d say put in an offer to buy the thing!

19. natalie on May 28th, 2012 2:49 pm

I’m so happy for you that I’m kind of tearing up. I LOVE that your family is making a dream come true. Fantastic!!

20. H on May 28th, 2012 2:52 pm

Congratulations! I am, as so many are, thrilled for you!

21. Christine on May 28th, 2012 3:01 pm

The Riley is kind comment made me teary. But holy moly how awesome is it to be you right now! So excited for you guys on this new adventure.

22. warcrygirl on May 28th, 2012 3:07 pm

Noteball, too cute! I’ve moved more times than I can count and it always sucked; so glad to hear a happy move story. Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures in Eugene!

23. cbrks on May 28th, 2012 3:25 pm

You made it! So happy for you and your family…

24. TheRachelSyn on May 28th, 2012 4:01 pm

Feeling your joy all the way up here in Canada! So excited that you guys have made the move!

25. JB on May 28th, 2012 4:31 pm

YAY!! It looks magical. So happy for you.

26. Kristin C. on May 28th, 2012 4:48 pm

That all looks and sounds glorious. I’m so happy to hear that it feels right!

27. Eric's Mommy on May 28th, 2012 5:38 pm

Looks beautiful!

28. Sarah on May 28th, 2012 5:44 pm

OMG that house looks like paradise. I’m thrilled and teary for you and your boys. I hope the magic of his move never leaves you.

29. Jackie on May 28th, 2012 6:03 pm

Congrats!! The notes on the ball is beyond amazing…a perfect welcome to your boys!

30. Kami on May 28th, 2012 6:05 pm

It seriously looks perfect, how do you score these houses with amazing windows?! I’am so happy you’re happy! The ball/note thing uh-dorable!

31. Mike on May 28th, 2012 6:40 pm

Congrats!

32. Kristen on May 28th, 2012 7:02 pm

Big big congrats. Huge.

33. Victoria on May 28th, 2012 7:17 pm

I can not even tell you how happy you being happy makes me. Awesome

34. sal on May 28th, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome. :)

35. Ashley on May 28th, 2012 8:43 pm

I couldn’t like this more :)

36. Maggie on May 28th, 2012 8:44 pm

Congrats on going for your dream and making it happen! That house is gorgeous!

37. Donna on May 28th, 2012 9:03 pm

Why did this make me all teary too? Craziness.
    Love the place though, 69 degrees! I love that! And green! And neighbors with notes! That is the most awesome thing ever!

38. oregongurl on May 28th, 2012 9:07 pm

You are now in my neck of the woods, I’d like to bring you a cup of Dutch Brothers Coffee sometime:) You are going to love Eugene:)

39. erin on May 28th, 2012 10:08 pm

Congratulations! I hope you guys get settled quickly (even if it’s just in the rental). LOVE the communication via ball-thrown-over-the-fence. Smart kids.

40. Beth C on May 28th, 2012 10:55 pm

Welcome to Oregon! So happy for you! Now you can look forward to five years from now, when you’re most of the way unpacked.

41. lisa on May 28th, 2012 11:08 pm

omg, as someone who’s about to put an offer on her own (tiny, expensive version of) dream home, this totally brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you!

42. Rakel on May 29th, 2012 12:13 am

Thank you so much for this post Linda. We are in the final stages of moving to another country, with boy and cat. I have just had the most horrendous sleepless night, brought on by stress and the fact that my brain won’t shut the hell up. I totally needed that, a very happy we’re already there post. I am so happy for you, a dream come true!

43. Tripta on May 29th, 2012 3:33 am

I have no idea why I’m tearing up at this. So, so happy for you! Congratulations :)

44. Dak on May 29th, 2012 5:14 am

That NoteBall is just … gah! Cutest thing ever.

Big, hearty congrats to you, Linda! It must be great having family near you, and that yard looks like a kid’s paradise. This post just reeks of happiness, and deservedly so. Yay, you!

P.S. That pic of the I-5 bridge gave me flashbacks of crossing it every day for work. Oy.

45. Elizabelle on May 29th, 2012 6:25 am

I love Mrs. DePaulo! What a beautiful thing to do for Riley. Best wishes to you all!

46. shygirl on May 29th, 2012 6:31 am

Oh, *Sundry.* Huge, huge, HUGE congrats. Here’s to dreams coming true!!

47. akofaolain on May 29th, 2012 6:39 am

SO happy for you all! Congratulations!

48. Yogamomma on May 29th, 2012 6:41 am

Sweet – so happy for you!!

49. Auntie G on May 29th, 2012 7:27 am

I would like to leave a, “Go, you!” kind of happy comment, but I am DEAD from the sweetness of the pictures. The goodbye book from school! The cousin who is so obviously related to your darling boys! THE NOTES ON A BALL!

50. Angella on May 29th, 2012 8:07 am

So, SO happy for you guys.

51. Nolita on May 29th, 2012 8:23 am

Oh Linda, I am so happy for you guys! So great to see your dreams coming true. What a wonderful life you are giving the boys (and yourself!). Very, very happy for you, woman!

52. adequatemom on May 29th, 2012 8:41 am

Welcome to your new life. So happy for all of you! Thanks for bringing us with you on this journey!

53. Juliette on May 29th, 2012 8:43 am

Congrats! This gives me hope…our plan is to be in a similar situation next summer (in our case, fleeing NJ for somewhere down South).

54. Melissa C on May 29th, 2012 9:02 am

I love this. And like Juliette, it also gives me hope.

55. June on May 29th, 2012 9:18 am

Oh, Linda, yay!!! Congratulations, and have fun house hunting.

We just snagged a buyer for our house (pending inspection, anyway), so I am figuratively following you a few months later.

56. Sarah C on May 29th, 2012 9:32 am

Congrats on the move. House looks cool.

I saw your twitter request for a dustbuster. I have a rec but I”m not on twitter. I am deeply in love with my electrolux ergorapido (like 99 at Target), which is a rechargeable electric broom (sits on a charging base) with a detachable handheld dustbuster. It is the best of both worlds, and is the only thing keeping my toddler’s cheerios from taking over my kitchen floor.

57. Rachel on May 29th, 2012 9:56 am

Gorgeous. I love your dining room. I hope you all get a riding mower for that backyard.

That ball is magnificent.

I don’t know if it fits the bill, but Oreck makes a little handheld vac that I could wax poetic about. We have four dogs, 10 cats and a lot of family and that thing hasn’t missed a hair or crumb in over TWELVE years and is still working like a boss. You can also get attachments for cleaning in tiny spaces, like stereo components and crevices in the car. It’s a only a little pricier than your average handheld, and for a machine that will probably see your boys through college, it’s worth it.

58. laziza on May 29th, 2012 10:19 am

OK, this is amazing. Very happy for you. LOVING the notes taped to the ball!

59. LizP on May 29th, 2012 10:50 am

Welcome to town! And the clouds are finally going away. You got here just in time for a sunny week!

60. Redbecca on May 29th, 2012 12:37 pm

Yay yay yay! This is the stuff real dreams are made of!

61. Danell on May 29th, 2012 2:34 pm

The goodbye book from school keeps making me cry every time see it.

Congratulations, so so happy for you! I hope it just keeps getting better and better for you!

62. Amy N on May 29th, 2012 4:19 pm

So happy for you guys! Yard is awesome, ball even cooler, good-bye book so sweet and fabulous – all the nice things they said about Riley!! And baby Charlie…no words.

BTW…have you seen that the zombie invasion has started in Florida? Just saying…as soon as I saw that story I thought of you!

63. Amy on May 29th, 2012 6:42 pm

Hooray for you guys!!!! I am so happy YOU are happy! Congratulations !

64. Becky on May 29th, 2012 6:56 pm

YAY! So happy for you guys. Thank you so much Linda for sharing so much of your life with us!

65. alyson on May 29th, 2012 6:56 pm

ALL of that is your backyard? Geez, it’s more like a little boy corral!

66. Mandy in NH on May 29th, 2012 7:09 pm

These pictures are amazing….congrats on making it through this move! My daughter is six, and I can’t imagine wanting her peers to say anything more than that she is kind and helps when they are hurt…those notes are a testament to a wonderful kid, with amazing parents. Hoping you guys continue to get settled in quickly and easily!

67. Liz Kreiger on May 29th, 2012 9:33 pm

Yay! You made it- you guys found a way to live the life you were dreaming of! Good for you – Enjoy it all!

68. Angie on May 30th, 2012 6:57 am

JudithNYC, what a great story.

69. Heather M. on May 30th, 2012 3:06 pm

Happy for you guys. Hopefully we’ll get down to see you and even meet little Charlie soon. Congrats :)

70. shriek house on May 30th, 2012 5:46 pm

So happy for you guys. You made it!!

71. Bethany on May 30th, 2012 7:01 pm

You did it!!!!!

72. Ali V on May 30th, 2012 11:44 pm

I wish it was socially acceptable for adults to make friends via note-ball. So sweet and appealing to the socially anxious. I’m also deeply in love with your amazing backyard. You could run laps out there. Congrats on the move!

73. April G. on May 31st, 2012 1:09 pm

The ball with the notes sounds like a story! I love it. Glad you’re settling in so happily.

74. Sonia on May 31st, 2012 5:00 pm

Congratulations!

75. anne on June 4th, 2012 9:35 am

Yay! So, so happy for you and your family!

Note: be glad those trains are far off. I lived next to a freight train line (500 meters away from a crossing) for 3 years, and it was nightmarish. They sound quite sweet from a ways off, though!

Anyway – YAY! You give me so much hope for my own changey future. :)

76. pistol targets printable free on May 12th, 2013 1:48 pm

First of all I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t
    mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior
    to writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.

I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first
    10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any suggestions or tips? Kudos!

77. louis vuitton online on December 27th, 2013 5:40 am

cheap tisa snapbacks
    [url=http://www.glenbenson.com/louis-vuitton/louis-vuitton-online.html]louis vuitton online[/url]

78. ccscxkpib on December 30th, 2013 5:27 pm

Arrived : All & Sundry
    accscxkpib
    [url=http://www.gahf9270oah2gtp54l53vk03wr44p653s.org/]uccscxkpib[/url]
    ccscxkpib http://www.gahf9270oah2gtp54l53vk03wr44p653s.org/

79. bath pump on January 5th, 2014 9:20 am

I’m pleased I identified this weblog, I couldnt discover any info on this subject matter prior to. I also run a site and should you desire to ever significant in somewhat bit of guest writing for me if feasible feel cost-free to let me know, i’m continually seem for persons to test out my site. Please quit by and leave a comment sometime!

80. バレンシアガ on January 11th, 2014 12:46 am
  81. pandoraoutletsingapore.oskipictures.com on February 25th, 2014 10:05 pm
  82. Michael Kors deals on February 25th, 2014 10:44 pm

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?
    Michael Kors deals

83. christian louboutin replica on February 25th, 2014 11:02 pm
  84. cheap soccer jerseys on March 24th, 2014 11:16 pm
  85. louis vuitton replica on March 24th, 2014 11:47 pm
  86. hockey jerseys from china on March 25th, 2014 1:26 am
  87. skycafeclub.com on May 5th, 2014 9:48 pm

skycafeclub.com…

Arrived : All & Sundry…

88. フライングフィン on June 16th, 2014 4:43 pm
  89. ミュウミュウ 財布 訳あり on June 17th, 2014 4:58 am
  90. michael kors outlet texas city on June 24th, 2014 5:32 pm

michael kors outlet texas city…

ddvbcmbznebec4i3v23zcbne8bhyuzcs…

91. gzwhyc blog on June 29th, 2014 9:38 pm

I as well as my buddies happened to be analyzing the good thoughts on the website and so at once got a horrible suspicion I had not thanked you for those strategies. Those women became absolutely excited to read all of them and have in effect in actuality been taking pleasure in them. Appreciation for simply being quite accommodating and also for opting for varieties of incredible information millions of individuals are really desperate to be aware of. Our own sincere apologies for not expressing appreciation to sooner.
    gzwhyc blog

92. ytsh blog on June 29th, 2014 10:06 pm

I precisely needed to say thanks all over again. I do not know the things I would’ve gone through in the absence of the entire suggestions revealed by you concerning such subject. It had been a very difficult problem for me personally, but taking a look at a new specialised manner you dealt with that made me to leap with delight. I’m thankful for this support and even hope you realize what a great job you’re accomplishing educating men and women with the aid of a web site. More than likely you haven’t come across any of us.
    ytsh blog

93. yanydeman on July 6th, 2014 8:24 pm

Thank you and hope to see you again here ;) . I’m happy to see you here :D

94. ガガミラノ 時計 愛知県 on July 28th, 2014 10:59 pm
  95. deccelfre on August 4th, 2014 2:46 am

We are looking for latest jcpenney online coupons . Do you know where to find jcpenney coupons ?

96. fortunebuilders.zendesk.com on August 4th, 2014 7:47 pm

fortunebuilders.zendesk.com…

Arrived : All & Sundry…

97. 中科大电脑学习网 on August 24th, 2014 5:27 am
  98. chanel gun shoes on September 6th, 2014 5:58 am

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

99. cheap coats on September 21st, 2014 4:20 am

There’s definately a lot to know about this issue. I like all of the points you’ve made.|
    cheap coats

100. cheap botas uk on September 21st, 2014 9:09 pm

I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    cheap botas uk

101. Nordwand Daunenjacke on September 22nd, 2014 6:43 am

Contained fires: There’s something innately comforting about a gently crackling, roiling indoor fire, so much so that we’re willing to tune our televisions to a recording of a burning log. Restaurants, looking to amp up the urban log cabin vibe (and the temperature), know this, and the result ranges from high romance (Auberge de Pommier) to high design (Oddfellows). For a non food experience, there’s hardly a toastier place to warm up with a good read than the University of Toronto’s Hart House library.

102. Canada Goose Outlet on September 22nd, 2014 11:03 am

The friend asks why and she says that Jesus has blessed her with a coupon and now she can afford some Coach shoes. Hill quit in September amid speculation she did not agree with Guillon’s strategy.Shares in Mulberry, which are down 25 percent on a year ago, were up 1.1 percent to 717.5 pence at 0833 ET.

103. oakley sunglasses on September 23rd, 2014 12:13 pm

Would you be fascinated with exchanging links?

104. moncler chevalier on September 23rd, 2014 7:32 pm
  105. Moncler Outlet on September 25th, 2014 10:22 am

2014 dove season in North Carolina opens on Labor Day

106. fashion sales on October 3rd, 2014 12:01 am

Ebbene, questo scenario è comune. La cattiva notizia è che questo non significa necessariamente che tu e il tuo ex sono tornati insieme. Si potrebbe essere solo di essere allineati lungo e non si dovrebbe mai lasciare che accada.
    fashion sales

107. cheap nhl jerseys stitched on October 6th, 2014 11:49 pm

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

108. ray ban wikipedia on October 7th, 2014 11:39 pm
  109. oakley xs five on October 7th, 2014 11:40 pm
  110. oakley jupiter carbon on October 7th, 2014 11:40 pm
  111. oakley custom fast jacket on October 7th, 2014 11:41 pm
  112. lunettes oakley garantie on October 7th, 2014 11:42 pm
  113. oakley holbrook kaufen on October 7th, 2014 11:42 pm
  114. ray ban pas cher aviator on October 7th, 2014 11:43 pm
  115. trench coats women on October 7th, 2014 11:47 pm
  116. northface kids jacket on October 7th, 2014 11:48 pm
  117. canada goose cheap prices on October 7th, 2014 11:48 pm
  118. canada goose expedition down parka on October 7th, 2014 11:49 pm
  119. outdoor women s clothing on October 7th, 2014 11:50 pm
  120. north face dropshipping on October 8th, 2014 9:02 am

The Ohio turkey population is estimated at 200,000, and 70,000 hunters are expected in the woods.There are new hunting hours this spring, but only for the last half of the season. The turkey hunting day begins 30 minutes before sunrise, but ends at noon for the first two weeks. From May 3 16, the hunting day is extended until sunset.Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy PolicyThe material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Northeast Ohio Media Group LLC.

121. アマダナ 電卓 on October 18th, 2014 8:44 am

おかげのためのあなた素晴らしい投稿! I 間違いなく楽しんだそれを読むこと、あなたかもしれには、あなたのブログをブックマークしてくださいことが起こると間違いなく意志|となります最終的には|、しばしば意志|と}背中いつか。週末|あなたの偉大続ける朝|仕事仕事、素敵自分でするように私が奨励したい|休日の週末|午後|夜}!

122. 娱乐城体验金 on October 23rd, 2014 1:08 am

腾讯体育巴西利亚报道(特派记者吕长伟)在顺利拿下尼日利亚晋级8强后,法国众将在混采区纷纷发表了对比赛的看法,前锋本泽马表示:法国队正在一点点改变历史,希望球队能走得更远。虽然今天没能取得进球,但作为队内头号前锋本泽马本场表现尽职尽责,给了球队很多帮助,尤其是下半场他险些为法国队首开纪录。赛后来到混采区,本泽马心情不错,他先后接受了三波媒体的采访。 我们正在一点点创造历史,希望法国队能走得更远 ,在赢得尼日利亚后,本泽马表达了这样的心声。今天尼日利亚门将恩耶亚马做了多次关键扑救,本泽马也给了对手足够的尊重, 他是很出色的门将,今天发挥出了很高的水平。 6月28日,全球穆斯林迎来伊斯兰教传统斋月。按照习俗,穆斯林在斋月期间每天不得在日出到日落的时间段内进食与进水。在法国队中,有为数不少的穆斯林球员,本泽马就是其中之一,斋月期间他也表示: 我是个穆斯林,世界杯的比赛我不会停止斋戒,我会空腹比赛。 法国中场博格巴今天打进了法国队的第一个进球,他在接受采访时表示: 我们今天非常高兴,进球很重要,但我认为晋级比进球更重要。 队友吉鲁也谈到了博格巴的进球, 他是一个很年轻的球员,还需要学习很多东西,打这样的比赛并且有进球,对他的信心也很有帮助。 有记者让阿森纳中锋对比法国队跟其他队伍的表现, 这个很难讲,我们现在还没有被淘汰,我们只关注下一场比赛。 吉鲁回应说。
    娱乐城体验金