- I’ll see your fruit flies and raise you a trifecta of WTF GO AWAY
- A brief roundup of life at fortysomething
- Six months and change
- Table for ew
- A few questions I have about ‘Fear the Walking Dead’
- Calgon, cat-style
- Salvation and chance, AA and God
- New arrivals
- Way deep down
- Turn, turn, turn
- One month, 27 days, 15 hours
- The gummy is dark and full of terrors
- Contents may have shifted
- Inventory check
Time flies, right? But man, things just keep getting better.
Stuff I Like:
Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel
Every good thing you've heard about this book is true. It's seamlessly woven together, a gorgeously heartbreaking gratitude practice that completely defies its genre.
Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend, by Matthew Dicks
Written from the perspective of a child’s imaginary playmate, this is a unique and poignant and super-engaging story that I could barely put down.
Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget, by Sarah Hepola
I knew this was going to be amazing because, well, Sarah Hepola. You don’t have to be a recovering drunk for this unflinching story to resonate, anyone who’s had to pick up the pieces and start over will find something hopeful here.
Mary-lou Manizer Highlight/Shimmer Powder
This is basically a shimmery (not glittery!) powder that adds a really nice luminescent highlighting glow. I sweep it on the top of my cheekbones, on top of blush, and blend.
[More things I like...]