Remember the video shoot I did for Happy Family back in March? The campaign finally launched (I assume the delay was related to the many hours of post-processing required to edit my section of the video, which probably included 90 minutes of me braying nervous laughter while staring at the camera deer-in-headlights-style) (Did I tell you how they actually brought an improv actor over to the camera at one point so I’d have someone to look at, and thus hopefully dial back on the palpable awkwardness?) (Ha ha ha ha OH GOD), and you can visit their Stories From the Bright Side Facebook page to check out what they’ve posted so far.

I am contractually required to inform you when my own video is posted, so it is with great reluctance that I tell you I’ll be back to link to my specific moment on film. It’s is every bit as cringe-worthy as I dreaded (you know that horrible moment when you’re confronted with the sound of your own voice? Like that, but SO MUCH WORSE) so tune in next week for my personal shaming.

Comments

24 Responses to “Coming soon to a cringe near you”

1. Erin Baebler on June 21st, 2013 10:33 am

The way I see it, the important thing is that you said yes and you had the experience.

If it makes for a funny story later, that’s a bonus. And, even though it might still be in cringe territory for you right now, it will, at some point, be far enough in the past that it will make for a very funny story.

It was courageous of you to take the risk. And, saying yes to risk and adventure will make for a rich and full life.

2. melanie on June 21st, 2013 12:42 pm

The fact that you did it at all is bad ass…no cringing allowed!

3. NancyB on June 21st, 2013 3:35 pm

I can’t wait to see it!

4. Laura on June 22nd, 2013 4:23 am

It’s going to be awesome and cute, and we’ll tell you that, but you won’t believe us because you’ll think we’re just being nice, and we’ll be all “when was the internet ever just being nice?”

5. Penny on June 22nd, 2013 7:43 am

Ahhh, I am clapping my hands with glee!(Other people’s awkwardness always makes me feel so much better about my own! Though I’m doubting yours is as bad as you are making it out to be.)

6. sooboo on June 22nd, 2013 1:51 pm

I loled at Laura’s comment. Also, you are way cooler than you think you are. Can’t wait to see it!

7. sara on June 24th, 2013 4:55 am

Im sure its not that bad! We always think the worst when it comes to ourselves!

8. Liz on June 24th, 2013 9:03 am

I have to say I am cringing at the IMPROV ACTORS! Not you at all. You come off very nice and normal and relaxed. I am the first to put improv acting high on the list of things I could never pull off, mostly because it is so hard to pull off successfully. Um…YOU were perfectly wonderful.

9. Robi on June 25th, 2013 6:21 am

Uh oh. If that’s cringe-worthy for you, then the rest of us are DOOMED.

10. view it on June 15th, 2014 10:29 pm

e-cigarette flavors Coming soon to a cringe near you : All & Sundry

11. Crane hire on June 24th, 2014 5:25 pm

Yo, has anyone heard about that electrician in Tribeca by the name of New York Electrician, 94 Chambers St, New York, NY 10007 (646) 415-6723

12. kata kata bijak cinta on October 1st, 2014 6:52 pm

Their such as you examine my head! A person looks to recognize considerably close to the following, just like you authored this e book inside it something like that. I’m that you could employ quite a few per cent to force the message house a little, nevertheless in lieu of of which, this is outstanding blog site. A very good read through. Let me certainly return.

13. woolrich sito ufficiale on October 25th, 2014 10:59 pm

This video post is truly great, the sound quality and the picture feature of this video post is actually amazing.
    woolrich sito ufficiale http://www.viaggiando892489.it/fp.cfm

14. montblanc wiki on October 27th, 2014 2:44 am

Hey are using Wordpress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

15. Canada Goose Outlet on October 27th, 2014 3:57 am

Can you please email me the code for this script or please enlighten me in detail regarding this script?
    Canada Goose Outlet http://www.abudgetair.com/tmp/spec.php

16. montblanc utc on October 28th, 2014 7:09 pm

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Cheers!

17. cheap snapbacks for sale on October 28th, 2014 10:10 pm

What i don’t realize is actually how you’re now not actually a lot more neatly-preferred than you might be right now. You’re so intelligent. You understand therefore considerably with regards to this matter, produced me in my view believe it from so many numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated except it is something to do with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all times deal with it up!
    cheap snapbacks for sale http://www.nationalcommunicationsgroup.com/main/ncg.htm

18. discover more on October 28th, 2014 11:12 pm

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

19. Cheap Snapbacks on October 28th, 2014 11:31 pm

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I抣l be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
    Cheap Snapbacks http://www.rexburgpolice.com/wodth.cfm

20. vllqrfbtl on October 30th, 2014 6:38 am

Coming soon to a cringe near you : All & Sundry
    [url=http://www.g5r2nc46x7d4i152b3q6b19yjqjjq779s.org/]uvllqrfbtl[/url]
    avllqrfbtl
    vllqrfbtl http://www.g5r2nc46×7d4i152b3q6b19yjqjjq779s.org/

21. must de cartier vendome ベルト on October 31st, 2014 9:40 am
  22. カラフルナンバー iphoneケース on October 31st, 2014 10:52 am
  23. woolrich sito ufficiale on October 31st, 2014 11:01 am

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a data! present here at this web site, thanks admin of this site.
    woolrich sito ufficiale