Remember the video shoot I did for Happy Family back in March? The campaign finally launched (I assume the delay was related to the many hours of post-processing required to edit my section of the video, which probably included 90 minutes of me braying nervous laughter while staring at the camera deer-in-headlights-style) (Did I tell you how they actually brought an improv actor over to the camera at one point so I’d have someone to look at, and thus hopefully dial back on the palpable awkwardness?) (Ha ha ha ha OH GOD), and you can visit their Stories From the Bright Side Facebook page to check out what they’ve posted so far.

I am contractually required to inform you when my own video is posted, so it is with great reluctance that I tell you I’ll be back to link to my specific moment on film. It’s is every bit as cringe-worthy as I dreaded (you know that horrible moment when you’re confronted with the sound of your own voice? Like that, but SO MUCH WORSE) so tune in next week for my personal shaming.

Comments

9 Responses to “Coming soon to a cringe near you”

1. Erin Baebler on June 21st, 2013 10:33 am

The way I see it, the important thing is that you said yes and you had the experience.

If it makes for a funny story later, that’s a bonus. And, even though it might still be in cringe territory for you right now, it will, at some point, be far enough in the past that it will make for a very funny story.

It was courageous of you to take the risk. And, saying yes to risk and adventure will make for a rich and full life.

2. melanie on June 21st, 2013 12:42 pm

The fact that you did it at all is bad ass…no cringing allowed!

3. NancyB on June 21st, 2013 3:35 pm

I can’t wait to see it!

4. Laura on June 22nd, 2013 4:23 am

It’s going to be awesome and cute, and we’ll tell you that, but you won’t believe us because you’ll think we’re just being nice, and we’ll be all “when was the internet ever just being nice?”

5. Penny on June 22nd, 2013 7:43 am

Ahhh, I am clapping my hands with glee!(Other people’s awkwardness always makes me feel so much better about my own! Though I’m doubting yours is as bad as you are making it out to be.)

6. sooboo on June 22nd, 2013 1:51 pm

I loled at Laura’s comment. Also, you are way cooler than you think you are. Can’t wait to see it!

7. sara on June 24th, 2013 4:55 am

Im sure its not that bad! We always think the worst when it comes to ourselves!

8. Liz on June 24th, 2013 9:03 am

I have to say I am cringing at the IMPROV ACTORS! Not you at all. You come off very nice and normal and relaxed. I am the first to put improv acting high on the list of things I could never pull off, mostly because it is so hard to pull off successfully. Um…YOU were perfectly wonderful.

9. Robi on June 25th, 2013 6:21 am

Uh oh. If that’s cringe-worthy for you, then the rest of us are DOOMED.