- Observations of a classroom helper
- Idle Thursday thoughts on children’s laundry
- Restricted movement
- Holiday receipts
- Stayin’ alive
- Every story contains three parts: the beginning, the middle, and the twist.
- Amazon is my spirit animal
- Shut up, Coffee-Mate
- I’ll see your fruit flies and raise you a trifecta of WTF GO AWAY
- A brief roundup of life at fortysomething
- Six months and change
- Table for ew
- A few questions I have about ‘Fear the Walking Dead’
This post is really just here for me to come back to and smile at. Our summer, partially told via Instagram:
Stuff I Like:
Eeny Meeny, by M.J. Arlidge
Dark, twisty, kept the pages turning for me. I’m excited to read more of this author’s series centered around detective Helen Grace.
DKnight Magicbox Speaker
Small and not expensive and just exactly what I wanted: a decent-sounding mobile speaker that plays music from my phone.
Anastasia Brow Wiz
My favorite brow tool at the moment. Great texture, easy to apply, blends really well. Expensive but worth it.
MAC Pro Longer Concealer
My latest weapon in the war against eye circles. Awesome coverage, matte finish, and a little bit goes a long, long way.
Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel
Every good thing you've heard about this book is true. It's seamlessly woven together, a gorgeously heartbreaking gratitude practice that completely defies its genre.
Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget, by Sarah Hepola
I knew this was going to be amazing because, well, Sarah Hepola. You don’t have to be a recovering drunk for this unflinching story to resonate, anyone who’s had to pick up the pieces and start over will find something hopeful here.
[More things I like...]