This post is really just here for me to come back to and smile at. Our summer, partially told via Instagram:

june7

summer234

summer235

summer240

summer247

summer251

summer253

Comments

51 Responses to “Summer 2013 photo roundup”

1. Karrie on September 19th, 2013 12:14 pm

Well it made me smile too. :)

2. Sande on September 19th, 2013 12:29 pm

Looks awesome. Beautiful family.

3. Katherine on September 19th, 2013 12:30 pm

I love the pictures of JB and the boys. I didn’t have a father like that and every time I see someone like him with his kids, I rearchitect inside what a fatherhood really is. Makes my heart crack open just a little bit wider. Thank him for me.

4. Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian on September 19th, 2013 1:09 pm

Such great pics! It looks like you and your family had an amazing summer full of adventures.

5. Jess on September 19th, 2013 1:24 pm

Made me smile & maybe tear up a bit. You all make such a beautiful family.

6. Kris on September 19th, 2013 1:27 pm

You’ve had one helluva summer, captured in some pretty spectacular pics!

But oh my God, Linda – that pic of you in the chocolate colored dress? You are so beautiful and look so genuinely happy there … I actually teared up a little with pride for you. Goodness and light. Only goodness and light.

7. Jeanette on September 19th, 2013 1:49 pm

Nice!

8. June on September 19th, 2013 1:50 pm

Awww… thank you for sharing that! I’m almost teary, which is weird since I don’t actually know you, but I love getting the glimpses into your life. Beautiful boys and family. So nice to see all of you in your Happy Place.

9. Katharine on September 19th, 2013 1:50 pm

Eight-year-old reading Calvin & Hobbes = automatically has good parents.

And Dylan riding a horse!!

10. Dawn on September 19th, 2013 2:02 pm

Now that is a summer! Also, “summer72″ with the boys and the sunset – such a wonderful shot that I kind of want to put it on MY wall. (I won’t, I promise.)

11. anon on September 19th, 2013 3:23 pm

Wonderful. Beautiful celebration of summer and family.

12. Michelle on September 19th, 2013 4:35 pm

Awesome photos of what I’m sure are awesome memories. You have a beautiful family.

13. Jennifer on September 19th, 2013 6:09 pm

Oh I could not love this post more. So many wonderful instances. Love seeing Cousin Brodie and it looks like Riley has caught up to him in height? And the compound bow – wow – what a skill to learn. Look out archery in the 2024 Olympics. Reading Calvin & Hobbes – my favorite! And bike riders with no training wheels, off they go.

What a great summer. Hope you look back on it that way too.

14. Lesley T. on September 19th, 2013 6:37 pm

Gorgeous family.

15. Julie on September 19th, 2013 6:49 pm

I love these! I especially love the ones with the sun beaming down. Beautiful family :)

16. H on September 19th, 2013 7:27 pm

Wonderful!

17. Victoria on September 19th, 2013 9:09 pm

You are an attractive peoples ;)

18. Larissa on September 19th, 2013 9:53 pm

I know you’ve had a rough summer, but you and your family look beautiful and so happy. I’m so glad that you have these wonderful memories.

19. Barbara on September 20th, 2013 3:19 am

JB is the perfect dad for boys. When I saw the photo of your in-laws with their grandchildren I thought before you know it that will be you and JB with yours.

I envy your life!

20. Melissa A on September 20th, 2013 5:16 am

Beautiful family. These make me want to visit Oregon.

21. Amy on September 20th, 2013 5:36 am

What a fantastic summer! And what a wonderful family. These photos will be treasures for the boys when they are older. Good for you, taking lots of pictures. I always bring the camera, but forget to use it. :(

22. Gwen on September 20th, 2013 5:47 am

Wow! You captured so many special moments beautifully! Brought tears to my eyes and I don’t even know you! We just found out we’re having another boy…I can only hope my 2 boys will be best buddies like yours seem to be! :o)

23. Amity on September 20th, 2013 6:03 am

Love the red shirt you’re wearing in the 3rd pic.

I would like to just live in your tent for a while.

Awesome dad & son kayak pic!

The one of you and Riley on the ferris wheel is fantastic.

Cheers to a great summer!

24. melanie on September 20th, 2013 6:29 am

The place where you live is SO BEAUTIFUL. I want to move there and see those mountains every day. It looks like an awesome summer – pretty much perfection. :)

25. Julia (StyckyWycket) on September 20th, 2013 6:33 am

Oh, I remember when your little guys were nothing but tiny bundles of baby, and now they’re little people! Time goes by so fast for those of us watching them grow from afar, too.

26. Maggie on September 20th, 2013 6:44 am

Looks like an amazing summer!

27. Dawn on September 20th, 2013 7:17 am

You have the prettiest smile. And a beautiful family. It’s awesome that you shared it with the rest of us.

28. Jenny on September 20th, 2013 7:49 am

Looks like an amazingly fun Summer for your family!

29. ememby on September 20th, 2013 8:14 am

So much goodness… I love it!

30. dorrie on September 20th, 2013 9:01 am

UGH you jerks. Stop with the cuteness!

31. Alison on September 20th, 2013 9:21 am

So many great pictures! I…clearly need to be taking more. I think I could count our summer pictures on one or two hands. Parenting fail. Love the one of Riley with his arm around Dylan and the sun setting the background. Awesome shot.

32. Liz on September 20th, 2013 10:04 am

I love these! You have to tell us what was being trapped in box. It obviously took its time, based on the book reading to kill time :-)

33. laziza on September 20th, 2013 10:42 am

Cuties, the lot of you.

34. Maura on September 20th, 2013 11:16 am

Simply beautiful, every one of you.

35. Annie on September 20th, 2013 11:25 am

I smiled the whole way through this ! Sitting in a river reading a book?? HEAVEN. JB looks great bow hunting with that full beard. The boys are growing and look so much alike to me. Happy days, I’m glad you’ve got it documented.

36. Courtney on September 20th, 2013 11:55 am

Love!

37. C on September 20th, 2013 1:33 pm

Looks awesome. Like, really awesome.

38. Jen on September 20th, 2013 5:25 pm

Man, you have a beautiful family. Thanks for continuing to share them with all of us.

39. Erin on September 20th, 2013 8:25 pm

You know how you see some people’s photos and everything looks so nice and perfect that it almost doesn’t look real? These don’t do that at all. Not to say you haven’t captured a perfect summer – but the moments you’ve captured are so wonderfully candid. I think that’s what resonates so much with everyone. Happiness, but not perfection. Reality.

I hope you look back at these and give yourself SO much credit for creating this beautiful family and making decisions that allow all this happy to come out! Thanks for sharing so much with us.

40. KeraLinnea on September 20th, 2013 11:58 pm

Bow shooting, setting snares, fishing, leaping easily over obstacles…I want your family on my apocalypse team.

41. NancyB on September 21st, 2013 4:57 am

Such great pictures! I remember some of them associated with posts and I’m like “oh I remember that!” The boys are growing up and really are enjoying it all (although I know there are moments you think Really guys?!)
    Thank you for the summer recap!

42. Donna on September 21st, 2013 10:22 am

Awesome. Just awesome.
    PS Tell Riley that my grandson caught birds in that very way, get on my facebook page, go back a month or so, and read what he did with them. Do not let Riley read it however, it will give him ideas….!

43. Judie Ashford on September 21st, 2013 3:57 pm

Unbelievable! How can Riley be eight years old? Seems like he was just born!

Fall in Eugene is the bomb! Spring is gorgeous, too, when everything “springs” back to life!

Also . . . Winco!

I miss it!

44. sara on September 21st, 2013 10:10 pm

I’ve been following you for a while now and that pic of Dylan on a horse just flashed me back to old posts of him as a toddler with that stick horse!
    So #1.. Apparently i remember your life better than my own and #2 holy hell, where have the years gone!!!

45. Sarah on September 22nd, 2013 1:42 am

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous family. Thank you for sharing. I love that your neighbors let you use their pool and your yard looks like a park. :)

46. Laurelie on September 23rd, 2013 7:22 am

This made my day. You are an amazing person and you have a fabulous family because of it!

47. Nicole on September 23rd, 2013 8:18 pm

You are making great memories!! That’s the best part of being a family.

48. Jen on September 24th, 2013 5:33 am

Beautiful boys, beautiful husband, beautiful life…BEAUTIFUL YOU! Thank you for sharing these little windows into your world. xo

49. sheilah on September 24th, 2013 10:55 am

What wonderful memories you are making for your kids. This is just perfect

50. Shawna on September 27th, 2013 11:22 am

I realize that these are the moments you’ve selected that represent the best of your summer, but I can’t help but think your summer looked better and way more active than my family’s! Maybe next year when we’re not moving and renovating…

Also, I always thought your boys did not resemble each other at all, but boy is that changing! You can really tell they’re brothers in a lot of these shots!

51. Liz Kreiger on April 2nd, 2014 6:12 pm

You and your husband are giving those great boys the very, very best childhood. I am sure all of these experiences in the stunning natural beauty of Oregon will help them to become capable, confident men of character who will make their parents so very proud. I am at the other end of parenting. I am now a grandma, and I can tell you that you have so much to look forward to when these boys are adults. I know it goes by so fast, too fast, but it is all so very good. Hope you have the best of summers in 2014, too, to add to the memories.