1. We replaced our too-dark, too-big kitchen table with a lighter, smaller one:
(Eventual to-do: get rid of that ill-placed white expanse above the counter, which divides the kitchen, makes it so you have to duck in order to have conversations, and puts open doors right at forehead-gouging level. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this cabinet!)
2. We had our first Sunday night family dinner at the (MUCH easier to clean) table: scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon. Everyone was happy.
3. The boys went to a birthday party which was held at a deeply awesome gymnastics center:
4. JB installed new closet hardware in Riley’s room so the doors no longer fall off their railings whenever you look at them.
5. I bought two Christmas presents, stocked up on wrapping, and ordered our cards. It helped shove that panicky oh-Jesus-December-will-straight-up-kill-me feeling back a yard or two.
6. I made everyone suffer through my annual attempt at a holiday photo. It was … difficult. Let’s say that. IT WAS SERIOUSLY FUCKING DIFFICULT.
7. I deep-cleaned behind the toilet. We shall never speak of that again.
What did you get out of the way this weekend?