What’s on your weather app? I mean, if you use a weather app. What I’m wondering is which locations you have saved, and why? I’ll go first:

• Eugene. Because it’s where I live. Right now it’s 55 degrees and drizzly, which is kind of a depressing gear-shift from all the sun we’ve had lately. (But these guys seem to be enjoying it.)

• Coos Bay. JB’s hometown, where his parents live, a place we visit pretty regularly. I took the boys there for Mother’s Day weekend to stay with JB’s mom, since JB and his dad were hog hunting in Florida. I know, right? A hunting trip on Mother’s Day? I’ve given him his allotted amount of crap for this, but I’m still eye-rolling our calendar:

seriously?

Oh yes I will be SURE to remember Father’s Day thank you for CIRCLING IT here I bought you a weekend spa getaway FOR ME.

• Elkton. The tiny town that’s closest, weather-app-wise, to our family cabin on the Umpqua River. I still can’t get over the fact that it’s only 90 minutes away, instead of, like, seven hours.

• Bellevue. Where we used to live, and I only keep this location so I can compare the weather and feel smug when it’s sunny here and raining in Seattle.

• Sunriver. A spot in central Oregon we like to visit. Sunriver is essentially a big sprawling planned resort-like community which sounds sort of awful but isn’t in the least. We just booked three nights in a rental house as part of our July road trip vacation and I cannot WAIT.

• Galice. Galice (pronounced gah-LEESE) is less of a town and more of a general area in southern Oregon on the Rogue River. We have a family camping trip there next month (at the Indian Mary campground I wrote about here), and we just made an impromptu trip there last weekend to 1) meet JB’s father and brother coming off the 43-mile trail, and 2) stay the night in a cabin. It was an amazing time, and I barely need to keep this location saved because I swear the Rogue weather is always the same: SUNNY AND AWESOME.

seeeelllllffiiiiie!

boys

Okay, your turn!

Comments

70 Responses to “Your life in forecasts”

1. Lisa on May 28th, 2014 8:19 am

Fun idea!

Louisville, KY- where I live
    San Diego- some of our best friends live there & we visit often
    London- we went there on vacation last year & are planning to go again next year
    Paris- we’re planning to go next year
    Norli’sk- a city in Russia where the weather is crazy extreme in the winter. We had an awful winter here this year & there were some days where our weather was colder than theirs!
    Yellowknife- city in Canada, because I like Ice Road Truckers & they drive there
    Asheville, NC- we’re vacationing there this year
    Hilton Head Island- we’re going to my friend’s wedding there & I’m the photographer, so keeping tabs on the weather

Looking forward to reading about everyone else’s weather feeds.

2. Shannon on May 28th, 2014 8:19 am

West Freehold, NJ – because that’s where we live…

Jacksonville, FL – because that’s where we lived for 8 years before our move to NJ…I also apparently like to torture myself for when its February and we are in the midst of a Polar vortex and its 75 in FL….

Riverside, RI – where my in-laws live…

Norfolk, MA – where my mom lives

Narragansett, RI – my husbands family’s beach house

Boston, MA – used to work there….

Nantucket, MA – Went for our 10 year wedding anniversary and never removed it from my weather app!

3. Kim on May 28th, 2014 8:38 am

Columbia, SC – live here.

Tampa & Orlando, FL – grew up there & like to know how stupidly hot my friends & family are while I’m enjoying spring & fall here. Also FL in general during hurricane season because I’m a weather nerd.

Westchester, NY – more family there & I like to torture myself when they’re beautiful all summer while daily I die a slow sweaty death, fall when they’re already getting the beautiful leaf-turning, apple-picking weather & I’m still in a heat-induced rage & winter when they’re buried in snow & I finally get my geographical revenge.

4. Donna on May 28th, 2014 8:42 am

Albuq., Cozumel and beckley wv

5. Sande on May 28th, 2014 8:47 am

Apparently I’m pretty selfish. I just have where I live, Phoenix. 108 today if you were wondering. :o)

6. Victoria on May 28th, 2014 8:47 am

Victoria – where I live (mostly cloudy)
    North Vancouver – where my brother is (cloudy)
    Glasgow – where most of my family is (partly cloudy)
    Kehei – where I wish I was! (cloudy)
    Tulum – would also go back (mostly cloudy)
    Black Rock City – home of Burning Man ( mostly sunny)

7. Alisa on May 28th, 2014 8:48 am

Fun idea!

Toronto Ontario – where I live
    St. Catharines Ontario – where my parents live
    Calgary Alberta – where one of my sister’s live (until July when she moves to my parents town!)
    Raleigh NC – where my brother lives
    Monpellier France – the closest town to the small village my father in law lives in. This one kills me, the weather is glorious ALL THE TIME
    NYC – I have no idea why its on there but I look every day anyway

8. Ashley on May 28th, 2014 8:59 am

This morning I just changed my settings as I moved across the country and switched jobs.

I used to have about 15 Midwest cities that I traveled to once a month or so. Now things are much simpler:

New York City (where I now live)

Orient, NY (where my family summer home is, that I can now visit all.the.time.

Chelsea, MI (where my parents live)

9. Laurie Ann on May 28th, 2014 9:04 am

Madison, Alabama – where we currently pass time because my husband’s company decided to relocate there from:

San Diego, California – I miss it like mad. We kept our home there and our adult daughter holds down the fort while we’re away. Of course it’s always sunny, perfect, humidity and bug-free.

Denver, Colorado – We are currently here in beautiful mile-high for the next six months (thank god.) My husband has a work-related assignment that finds us extremely happy to be outta the south for the summer.

Summerlin, Nevada {Las Vegas} – Where we plan to retire, dividing our time between Vegas/San Diego. Going on a look-see in August.

Phoenix, Arizona – Various husband-side relatives are scattered all over the valley.

10. Mika on May 28th, 2014 9:16 am

Boston MA — because that’s where we live.

Chester NJ — mom and dad. Also, if I want to know what the weather in Boston will be 10 hours from now, I look at their forecast and also subtract 5 degrees. Never fails!

Orlando FL — uhhh, that’s from a Disney trip this winter. And yes, I did the asshole move of posting a screenshot of it (78 and sunny) when I knew it was 20 and snowing back in Boston.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands – to check in with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Block Island, RI. Summer vacation spot. Can’t wait!

11. Susan on May 28th, 2014 9:23 am

Fun! Didn’t realize so many people did the same thing…

Oakland, NJ – where we live

NY, NY – Where my husband works (can be surprisingly different even though we are only 20 mi away)

Sarasota, FL – where my parents live and since weather is a big topic with my dad (is this true of all 75 year old men?) – I am prepared. Good to know especially in the winter when we are in a polar vortex and they are golfing or at the beach…

Hilton Head, SC – our fave vacation spot and where we are heading in August – cannot wait!

Ithaca, NY – this one is bittersweet – it’s where my son will be heading off to college this fall so I am already thinking of him up there

12. Kristin on May 28th, 2014 9:24 am

Nice, sweet post!

13. Kate on May 28th, 2014 9:41 am

Moscow, Russia- where I live as an expat

St Petersburg, Russia- where we go on vacation occasionally

Rochester, NY- where some family live

Seattle- where we lived before moving to Moscow

14. Kelly on May 28th, 2014 9:58 am

I didn’t realize so many other people did this – thank you for making me feel more normal!

East Pembroke, NY – home; currently 60 & cloudy

Medina, NY – where I work. It’s only 20 minutes away but the weather can be a lot different, especially in the winter.

Ithaca, NY – where my parents live

San Diego, CA – we visited friends last fall and I really, really want to go back

Key West, FL – I’m determined to spend my 40th birthday there in a few years so I added this to motivate me to save money for the trip.

15. Kizz on May 28th, 2014 10:12 am

NYC – It’s where I live

Exeter, NH – where I’m from and have family. BTW it’s 46 there right now if you’re wondering why I moved.

Oklahoma City – one of my best friends lives there and I like to know how she is.

Rome, Florence, & Venice – because I went on a vacation there a couple years ago and I can’t bear to break the stupid connection.

Chicago – I went there last summer to visit friends and go to Blogher and I haven’t let go of that either. It’s 66 there, so warmer than NYC AND Exeter.

16. Jen on May 28th, 2014 10:15 am

Yay!
    Asheville, NC – where I live (currently 79 and mostly sunny)

Salt Lake City, UT – where my best friend lives and we visit often (84 and mostly cloudy)

Burlington, VT – where my husband is from and we love to check in the winter when we’re not freezing. (57, cloudy)

Hermosa Beach, CA – where we are visiting next week for my sister’s wedding (68, mostly cloudy)

And a couple of places I want to visit so I keep them on my list for motivation. :)
    Montreal, Canada (55, Cloudy)
    Reykjavik, Iceland (52, Partly cloudy)

17. JudithNYC on May 28th, 2014 10:18 am

New York City (Manhattan)–where my son is.

New York City (Staten Island)–where I live just a couple of miles apart but sometimes there is a 10 degree difference in temps and I like to compare

Long Beach, CA — where the other son is.

Juncos, Puerto Rico — where I grew up and my parents lived until they died.

Atlanta, GA — I message all day with a cousin who lives there and I love to brag about how much nicer my weather is.

Orlando, FL — where my other cousin lives. Just to be jealous and eat my heart out, especially in winter.

In addition, if I am travelling I check the weather of the place where I am going for weeks before AND after I visit.

18. Melissa R. on May 28th, 2014 10:44 am

Washington, DC–where we live!

Denver, CO– best friend

Burlington, VT–husband’s family

Tucson, AZ–my family

Blacksburg, VA–where daughter is in college

Boston, MA–haven’t erased it from running the marathon there in April and obsessed over the weather for a long time.

Corolla, NC–yearly beach vacation!

19. Courtney on May 28th, 2014 10:54 am

Takoma Park, MD: where I live (83 and partly cloudy–starting to get hot here)

Vinalhaven, ME: the island we go for vacation every year–my dad owns a house there, it’s my favorite spot in the world (45 and cloudy)

Ocean City, MD: we go to the beach there (70 and partly cloudy)

Columbus, OH: ILs live there and we visit a few times a year (86, mostly cloudy)

St. Helena, CA: my BFF lives there and we visit a few times a year (70 and sunny)

Berkeley Springs, WV: we were just there this past weekend for a stay in a cabin in the woods (79 and mostly cloudy)

20. Jessie on May 28th, 2014 11:06 am

Fun!

Lansing, MI: Where we live – 65 and cloudy today, which is definitely not the 74 and sunny I was promised!

Tequesta, FL: the in-laws live there and it’s mostly so I can feel jealous in the winter and smug in the summer.

Phoenix, AZ: where my sister lives. I cringe nearly every time I look at the forecast, because I am so not a hot-weather person.

Leesburg, VA: where my brother and his family live.

New Orleans, LA: because I go there every year for a conference, and I keep tabs on the weather so I can convince my husband how great it is there, and perhaps someday he’ll finally agree to make the trip with me!

Midland, MI: my hometown, and where my parents live.

Columbus, OH: where a lot of my family lives.

21. Melissa on May 28th, 2014 11:35 am

Prospect Heights, IL – Where I live

Sligo, Ireland – Where my husband is from and where my inlaws live

Newport News, VA – Where I grew up

Terre Haute, IN – Where my parents live

New Orleans, LA- Going on a work trip there in June

Gulf Shores, AL- Vacationing there in July

This is fun :)

22. Feebee on May 28th, 2014 11:42 am

I love this! So relatable; It’s sort of sweet and weird how many people keep track of the weather in places they either love or have loved ones.

So here’s mine:

Toronto, On, Canada: Where I live. Where it is currently cloudy and cold, but overall really warming up nicely.

Bell Ewart, On: Where my cottage is. We’re only there in the summer, but it stays in my app all through the long, long winter

Los Angeles, CA: Close friends live there, and since visiting last summer I can’t help but enviously compare the weather there

Jerusalem, Israel: Spent a lot of time there on and off, and my sister’s been there all year. Again with the envious comparing of weather.

Baltimore, MD: Lots of family down there. Horrible weather, lovely people. Wet winters, hot humid summers.

Detroit, MI: More family.

New York, NY: For visiting purposes, and for refuting purposes when my friends there claim Toronto has the WORST weather.

23. Elizabeth A on May 28th, 2014 12:12 pm

Heh — I honestly thought I was the only one who did this! My people!

“Local Weather” – Left that on auto, first out of laziness; now because my phone thinks I live in any one of four different cities, on any given day… when I’m standing in the same spot in my kitchen. Endlessly amusing.
    Sylmar, CA — my actual home city.
    Granada Hills, CA – Where I grew up, but mostly I keep it for when the little weather guy in my phone (what? he’s not real?) freaks out and can’t get my current location, this one always comes through. And it’s close enough.
    Austin, TX — Where Bestie lives
    St. Louis, MO – Where Other Bestie lives (please don’t tell them which is which – they’re both Bestie!)
    Kaanapali, HI – most favoritist place on the planet
    Dusseldorf, Germany – long time, dear friends live there, and I hope to visit again sometime
    Various other cities where I travel semi-regularly for work, not worth mentioning here.

24. Alyce on May 28th, 2014 12:13 pm

Alameda, CA – where I live
    Olympia, WA – where mom & gma live
    Mill Creek, WA – where bro lives
    San Francisco – it’s 4 mi away as the crow flies but it’s own special ecosystem
    Pewaukee, WI – where my best friend lives
    NYC – used to live there, want to go back ASAP
    Paris – just because

25. Em on May 28th, 2014 12:54 pm

Fun!

St. Paul, MN: Where I live.

Evansville, WI: Where I used to live (and my parents still live).

Fort Myers Beach, FL: Where my in-laws have a timeshare. I like to torture myself during the winter by looking at the sometimes 50 degree (or more) temperature difference.

Norwich, England: Where my brother and sister-in-law live.

Madrid, Spain: Where I studied abroad during college, oh, 14 years ago. I still like to keep tabs, though.

26. Kathleen on May 28th, 2014 1:23 pm

Halifax, NS – the largest city near me. I am right on the Atlantic in what was the busiest harbour in North America during WWII. It is 11 degrees Celsius (52 Fahrenheit) and a rare sunny appearance. It feels a bit warmer. Despite a few lovely days, we haven’t had spring yet. I love living here even though we are a bit Seattlely in weather.

Montreal, QC – where I am going for a mini-vacation this weekend. 16 degrees Celsius (61 Fahrenheit). It is supposed to be 23 celcius (74) and I am stoked. Montreal is my favorite place. I like it more than New York City. Nothing smells like urine and there is ample poutine and garlic fingers on every block. If you have not eaten either, I feel like you need to rectify that next time you’re north of the border.

27. Ellen on May 28th, 2014 2:02 pm

Huntington, NY – where we live, for now

Waxhaw, NC – where we’re moving to in a few months!!!

Honolulu – my dream vacation!

28. Melanie on May 28th, 2014 2:55 pm

• Central Islip, NY (Where I live)n
    • Ballston Spa, NY (brother’s home)
    • Toronto (my favorite Auntie [like your Aunt Linda])
    • Cape Coral, FL (SIL)
    • Longboat Key, FL (best friend’s brother’s vacation home)
    • Miami and Fort Lauderdale, FL (boss’s condo, and snowbirding friends)
    • Key West, FL (dream vacation)
    • Orlando, FL (because…Disney)
    • Portland, ME (retirement destination [we’ll snowbird in Key West])

I also have Chicago (from one awesome vacation) and Paris (when my gay boyfriend had a layover [heh!] there on his honeymoon) on my World Clock.

29. Sara on May 28th, 2014 3:01 pm

Fun!

I have…

Plainfield il, where I live.

Schaumburg il, where I work… Only 45 min from my house and yet the weather can still be different which is SHOCKING.

Erie il, where my parents have a cabin on the Rock River and we spend several weekends camping when the weather permits.

Sanibel fl, because we go on vacation in a few weeks! (fyi the week we’re going–everyday has clouds and thunderstorms… Grrrr what the FUCK Florida?!)

30. Amber on May 28th, 2014 3:03 pm

Arlington, TX – Because that’s where I live.
    Reykjavik, Iceland – Because I want to go to there. (81 today)

Barrow, Alaska – Because it’s the farthest North American city. (And cooold! 25 there now!)

Yakutsk, Russia – Coldest winter temperatures for any city in the whole world. (Its record low is something -89! The entire city is built on permafrost! I was oddly fascinated with monitoring their weather over the winter.)

Wellington, New Zealand – Also because I want to go to there.

31. Maggie on May 28th, 2014 6:29 pm

Venice, CA – where I live

Calabasas, CA – where I work (45 minutes away from home, but the temperature can swing 20 degrees on any given day)

Harpswell, ME – where I spent summers growing up & my parents now live

West Newbury, MA – hometown

Napa, CA – because it’s one of my favorite places

New York – BF’s parents are there & we visit frequently

Vernazza, Italy – because I always wish I was in Cinque Terre

Kyoto, Japan – because if I’m not in Cinque Terre, this is where I’d like to be :)

32. Cara on May 28th, 2014 7:05 pm

Winter Park, FL – home
    Boca Raton, FL – my in laws
    Ruse, Bulgaria – the rest of my husband’s family and childhood friends, and a place we visit regularly
    Boston, MA – I haven’t gotten around to deleting it since a trip earlier this month

33. Anonymous on May 28th, 2014 8:55 pm

I laughed out loud at “I bought you a weekend spa getaway. FOR ME.”

My app has where we live, of course. For some reason it’s in there twice and I can’t figure out how to delete the duplicate.

I also have:

the semi-local theme park, though I’m not sure why it’s saved since we only go once year.

the town where we rent a cabin with our friends for a weekend every other year or so. Again, not sure why I’ve saved it, though it does make me happy to see it in there.

my husband’s hometown, which nowadays we really only visit for holidays

the town closest to our favorite state park, where we go camping once a year…this one is probably also more for nostalgia than for frequent usage

and I just added Memphis since we are going there for a week starting Friday!

34. velocibadgergirl on May 28th, 2014 8:55 pm

That last one was me. Derp.

35. nonsoccermom on May 28th, 2014 8:58 pm

San Francisco, CA: where we live.
    Sonoma, CA: visiting friends and family usually want to visit wine country and the weather is markedly different from SF, less than an hour away.
    Houston, TX: where my sister lives.
    Georgetown, TX: where my parents live.
    Lake Jackson, TX: where I grew up.
    New York, NY: not sure, actually. I haven’t been there in years. Hmm. I do love it, though so maybe that’s why.

Fun idea!

36. Taylor on May 28th, 2014 10:20 pm

Ooh fun!

So I have Kihei, Maui where I live. Currently turning dark and about 78.
    Kahului and Lahaina, Maui, where the fella works and the other side of the island in case we have rain and want sun.
    Koloa, Kuaui where my parents are.
    San Luis Obispo, CA where I’m from and many friends still are.
    Pittsburgh, where the fella and his family is from, usually to mention to him about how much I don’t want experience that kind of weather in the winter.
    Lake Forest, CA where my granny is
    Colorado Springs, CO where my best friend is.
    I used to have London but my friend came back to the states but she just moved back for work so it’s time to add it back.

37. sooboo on May 28th, 2014 11:58 pm

Los Angeles – where I live
    La Quinta – where my mother-in-law lives
    Monterey – where I grew up
    Tirana – where my brother lives

38. Sarah on May 29th, 2014 1:56 am

San Jose, ca: where I live
    Campbell: kid’s school
    Hollister, ca: family we visit often
    Santa Cruz, ca: beach we go to often
    Monterey, ca: another beach
    Davis, ca: brother and his family love there and we visit often. Summer temps are awful.
    Los angels: in laws
    Yosemite: fave spot for a getaway
    Washington, D.C.: used to love and work there
    Edina, mn: have a friend there who gets snow that we are jealous of all the time.

39. Deb on May 29th, 2014 2:06 am

Gold Coast, Australia – live here 80 F (28 Celcius) not bad for just a few short days away from Winter.

Sydney – took my 9 year old there for a week of Mummy me time last year (like to make sure they are colder than us – it’s somehow reassuring)

Auckland, New Zealand – born and raised – also for pure selfish reasons – like to make sure that they aren’t having nicer weather than me – it’s the simple things that keep me happy :-)

40. Shawna on May 29th, 2014 5:37 am

Ottawa, Canada – where I live
    Ocho Rios, Jamaica – where we vacation every year
    Green Bay – where I attend Weetacon every year
    Guelph – the closest place to where my best friend lives and I try to visit at least once a year
    Paris, France – where I visited last spring and never took out of my app
    Orlando – where I visited two and a half years ago and never took out of my app
    Vancouver – because I love to torture myself in February and think “it’s ridiculously cold here; are the cherry blossoms and daffodils out in Vancouver yet?”

Off to take out Paris and Orlando!

41. Amity on May 29th, 2014 5:44 am

Smyrna, GA (suburb of Atlanta)–where I live. Currently 70 degrees, and it’s only 8:41 a.m.
    Atlanta, GA–because it’s where I work, and sometimes it’s interesting to see the different weather patterns between the city and my suburb.
    Orlando, FL–because that’s where most of my extended family lives and I visit a lot.
    Tallahassee, FL–where my parents live/where I grew up, and also visit fairly often.
    Sacramento, CA–where by boyfriend lives and where I’m hoping to move to soon.

42. Alley on May 29th, 2014 8:14 am

Newark, DE – where I live.
    Georgetown, DE – where family lives.
    Doylestown, PA – where more family lives.
    San Diego, CA – where I dream of living, so when it’s freezing and rainy here I can tell my husband, “It’s 74 and sunny in San Diego. In case you were wondering.”
    Negril, Jamaica – where we honeymooned and occasionally vacation. Just to torment myself in the depths of winter.
    Portland, OR – where friends live. They try to convince me it doesn’t rain THAT much there ’cause they want us to move there, so I like to check the (often rainy) weather and be smug.

43. Kelly. on May 29th, 2014 9:23 am

Chilliwack, BC – where I live
    Guatemala City – I travel there for work
    Cusco, Peru – Again, work
    Edmonton, AB – work
    Calgary – work
    Kona, HI – going for vacation this year

44. Mandy on May 29th, 2014 1:11 pm

Mainly I have where I live (Austin) and some other Texas cities we visit, but I also have Tulum, Mexico (where we vacationed last year) and some other cities just for comparison, like New York and Boston and I also actually have Oslo, Reykjavik, Ulan Bator and Johannesburg because we were curious one day!

45. Niki on May 29th, 2014 6:18 pm

Granville, NY Home (currently clear and 63)

Rutland, VT Work
    Ludlow, VT Work (it’s only 50 miles away but it’s a whole other weather world at Okemo Mt)
    Manchester, VT Work
    Albany, NY Work
    Pittsfield, MA Work
    (I have a regional travel gig)

Boston, MA GO SOX!!

Road Town, British Virgin Islands- Had a fabulous 10 day sail boat vacation earlier this year and are lucky enough to repeat next year! Paradise on Earth.

Baton Rouge- Husband is there for work now.

Loved this- super clever!

46. Amy on May 29th, 2014 8:26 pm

Portland, OR – where I live
    Tacoma, WA – where I grew up and lived until 2 years ago
    Paris, France – where I hope to live one day

47. Jessica on May 30th, 2014 5:04 am

Coos Bay, OR, because I always want to know what my mom is experiencing now that we can’t communicate because she lost her language due to a stroke.

Port Orford, OR, because that is where I grew up and the weather is usually pretty awful and I still miss it.

Seattle, WA, because my kids want to know if they should wear heavy jeans or lightweight capris to school and it is always a gamble.

And I’ll start to watch Elkton’s weather because I am in love with that little town – it is my dream to live there some day.

48. Tess on May 30th, 2014 6:28 am

Tampa, FL (where I live) – 76 partly cloudy with a chance of PM thunderstorms (pretty much the standard from now until Halloween)

Puyallup, WA (where my mom lives) – 41 partly cloudy. Man, do I miss Washington, especially in the summer! (side note – I first started reading you back in the Diaryland days and we were both in Washington back then! :) )

I am going on a transatlantic cruise at this exact time next year, so I have the following on my app to monitor what the weather will be like:

New York, NY – 61 and sunny
    St. John’s, Newfoundland – 37 partly cloudy
    Reykjavik, Iceland – 55 partly cloudy
    Oslo, Norway – 72 sunny
    Copenhagen, Denmark – 70 partly cloudy

49. Maggie on May 30th, 2014 9:14 am

Well, I feel completely lame and realize I have to travel more because the only place on mine is where I live, Ann Arbor. The main reason I have that is because the kids ask me about 50 times a day what the weather will be like tomorrow, even though they wear uniforms and pretty much wear the EXACT same outfit every day.

50. Sonia on May 30th, 2014 10:38 am

Marysville, Wa – where I live.
    Granite Falls, Wa – where I work.
    Trinidad, Wa – the family I work for has a vacation home there, and I get to to with them frequently. One of my Happy Places.
    Wailea, Maui – One of my dearest friends lives there, and it’s one of my favorite places.
    There’s always some foreign country also on there. Just depends where my boyfriend is traveling for work at any given time. Most recently it was Scotland.

51. Heather on May 30th, 2014 1:37 pm

New York City — where I live
    St Andrews, Scotland — where my son goes to college
    Mamaroneck, New York — where our beach club is located
    Austin TX — a favorite destination of ours and a fun way to realize that our weather really isn’t THAT hot.
    Hebron NH — where my daughter goes to summer camp
    Washington DC — where my daughter’s school just visited

52. Stacy on May 30th, 2014 4:56 pm

Love this!

Seattle, WA: Current home
    Cannon Beach, OR: Frequent vacation spot
    Portland, OR: Have family and friends there
    Spokane, WA: Have friends there, and grew up there
    San Francisco, CA: Have family and friends there & visit 1-2 times/year
    Los Angeles, CA: Have friends there
    San Diego, CA: Have friends there, and I still think of moving there someday
    Phoenix, AZ: Have friends there
    Somerville, TX: Have family there
    Maui, HI: Have friends there, and will visit someday
    Other: I will add/remove locations when traveling or planning to travel

Gee, there is a theme of sunny locations here…. so shocking from someone who lives in the Pacific Northwest.

53. Michelle on May 30th, 2014 9:59 pm

Ooh, I like this game! Oregon is totally on my ‘places to go’ list, btw.
    I have Melbourne, Australia – which is where I live now – although today is ‘mostly cloudy’, the sun is out and it has that lovely chill meaning Winter is coming.
    The Gold Coast, Australia – because its usually nicer there weather-wise and we spent a long weekend there late last year.
    Invercargill, New Zealand – my hometown and where my family still live. Mostly keep this in my app so I can giggle about how much worse the weather is there.
    Athens, Greece – it was the last stop on our 2 month Europe trip this time last year, and I just haven’t removed it.
    Dubai, UAE – not sure why I included this one in my app as we literally just stayed the night there during our stop-over. It was HOTTT!

54. JMH on May 31st, 2014 6:15 am

Mine is a list of past and future vacation places:

Bellefontaine, OH (we live here)

Hilton Head, SC (My parents live about 20 min. from HHI and we usually vacation there)

Orlando: Went to Disney in January

Jackson Hole, WY: Went to WY last year for an awesome vacation

Las Vegas: Hubby and I went to Vegas for our 15th wedding anniversary…hope to go again for our 20th

55. Erin on May 31st, 2014 2:49 pm

Lakenheath, England — where we just moved from
    Anchorage, Alaska — where we are moving to
    Washington, DC — where we flew into on Friday afternoon
    Raleigh, NC — where family lives
    Charlotte, NC — where family lives

56. Gena on June 1st, 2014 12:06 am

Fun!

Eindhoven, NL because that’s where we are living at the moment
    Seattle – where I’m from
    LA – where my sister lives
    Boise – where my brother lives
    Paris – just a four hour drive away and good to keep tabs on the weather there…
    NY – we have friends who live there
    Rome – visited last october and havent removed it yet
    Thessoloniki – we just went here for vacation
    Amsterdam – the weather can vary a lot in NL
    Zwolle – the closest city on the weather map to where my mother in law lives

57. NancyJ on June 1st, 2014 7:09 am

I scrolled through all the comments to see who’s near me!

Wallingford, CT – because that’s where I live

Putnam, CT – Eastern part of CT and we like to ride our motorcycle there and CT weather seems to have many different eco-systems

Lebanon, CT – weekend cabin middle part of CT same explanation as above

New York – we go there 3-4 times a year and again – weather differences only 1.5 hours away

East Hartford, CT – for our UConn football games

Boston, MA – just got home from a weekend there – our new favorite city to explore – Go Sox! and we’ll see you again soon.

Lake George, NY – heading up there on the motorcycle
    next Friday and you live by the weather on a bike

Penn Yan, NY – same – next weekend trip

Hi to all my New England neighbors!

58. Cynthea on June 1st, 2014 2:27 pm

Fun!

Cincinnati OH – where I live – 86 and partly cloudy
    Portland OR – my hometown and I miss miss miss it, and visit at least once a year – 64 and partly cloudy
    San Antonio TX – where my mom lives (she grew up in TX and never quite took to OR, and the rest of my family is in TX as well) – 88 and partly cloudy
    Columbus OH – the market area I’m responsible for, and weather plays a role in my forecasting – 88 and mostly cloudy

59. Sadie on June 1st, 2014 7:09 pm

Fun idea…and hi NancyJ from another Nutmegger ;)

Hartford, CT – hometown
    NYC – because I work there several times a month and my brother lives there
    Boston – dating someone there
    Los Angeles – just moved back from there after two years and like to torture myself
    Louisville KY – have relatives there and visited in March
    and Chicago – used to date someone from there and it always makes me feel better in the winter to look at their weather

60. Kelly on June 3rd, 2014 12:52 pm

Abington, PA: Where we live.

Philadelphia, PA: Where we lived until January. Also, we are in town plenty.

Odenton, MD: My sister’s place

Baltimore, MD: Not really sure why. :)

Washington, DC: Trip there on Mother’s Day weekend to meet up with some family.

Schenectady, NY: Leftover from a trip last fall to see my in-laws who were there cleaning out my husband’s late grandmother’s house.

Next to add: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Because cousin girl trip in a few weeks. Woohoo!

61. Corinne on June 5th, 2014 12:42 pm

–Milwaukee-ish, WI, where I live. Actually two of them, one where our house is and one where the kids’ school is, because my 8 yo daughter loves the weather app and doesn’t seem to get that 11 miles doesn’t make a difference in the forecast.

–Western Wisconsin, where I grew up and my parents live. It’s handy because my parents are weather watchers, so I like to see the info. Also, weather in this part of the world tends to move east, so we get their weather about a 1/2 day later.

–Los Angeles-ish, where my brother lives. However, this one can make a person bitter, living in Wisconsin and watching southern CA weather. Polar vortex, anyone?

–Wherever we’re going on vacation next. We like to count the days and watch the temps.

62. meslek kursu ankara on June 6th, 2014 4:56 am

:=)

63. mmoxx on June 7th, 2014 2:51 am

Odenton, MD: My sister’s place

64. Kat on June 7th, 2014 7:03 pm

I love this idea
    Buffalo, NY where I live
    Lyons Falls, NY where my dad lives
    NYC where I used to live and have to keep on top of weather for the Yankee game
    Salt Lake City, UT where I also used to live and still consider my second home
    Moab, UT fav camping, hiking spot ever
    Tel Aviv Israel country that has my heart and I like to torture myself during Buffalo winters and look at perfect sunny weather
    Fairbanks, AK little brother is currently stationed there and last winter it made me feel better that it was worse somewhere

65. bessie.viola on June 9th, 2014 8:52 am

Mine are kind of boring compared to some on here! I have my hometown, the town where my kids go to school/daycare, the town where my husband and I work, and lastly Santa Maria CA, where my little sister is stationed.

66. honeybecke on June 22nd, 2014 9:56 pm

Ooh! I just saw this post so I am about a month late but whatevs. Here goes:

Anchorage, Alaska: I live here. We are currently at 19 hours, 21 minutes of daylight. Since we just had the solstice we are, unfortunately, on the downswing of things. We lost 12 seconds of light today! It’s currently 63 and sunny/rain/hailing. Yes, all three concurrently.

Ketchikan, Alaska: I grew up in this small island community in South East Alaska. It is a temperate rain forest and gets about 13 feet a year. It is only a 1 hour 45 minutes flight from Seattle. It is a breathtaking place. Currently 55 degrees and yea, raining.

Durban, South Africa:
    My husband is from there and his family still lives there. I like to see how HOT it is when they are in summer and we are in the frigid winter. Comparing the temperature can be a 100 degree difference sometimes!

Poipu, Hawaii: This is on my favorite island, Kauai. I only have this on my app so I can torture myself in winter and be wistful at the same time.

Hey, this was fun :)

67. making extra money online on July 25th, 2014 6:55 pm

making extra money online…

All & Sundry…

68. seo firm on August 13th, 2014 7:14 am

Hey there are using Wordpress for your site platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create
    my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your
    own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

69. Nestor on September 4th, 2014 12:25 pm

Equipped with geo-centric designs, content and domain name the web sites can come
    up simply in local-search listings.

70. Fallon on September 25th, 2014 11:26 pm

You share interesting things here. I think that your blog can go viral
    easily, but you must give it initial boost and i know how to do it,
    just search in google for – wcnu traffic increase