What’s on your weather app? I mean, if you use a weather app. What I’m wondering is which locations you have saved, and why? I’ll go first:

• Eugene. Because it’s where I live. Right now it’s 55 degrees and drizzly, which is kind of a depressing gear-shift from all the sun we’ve had lately. (But these guys seem to be enjoying it.)

• Coos Bay. JB’s hometown, where his parents live, a place we visit pretty regularly. I took the boys there for Mother’s Day weekend to stay with JB’s mom, since JB and his dad were hog hunting in Florida. I know, right? A hunting trip on Mother’s Day? I’ve given him his allotted amount of crap for this, but I’m still eye-rolling our calendar:

seriously?

Oh yes I will be SURE to remember Father’s Day thank you for CIRCLING IT here I bought you a weekend spa getaway FOR ME.

• Elkton. The tiny town that’s closest, weather-app-wise, to our family cabin on the Umpqua River. I still can’t get over the fact that it’s only 90 minutes away, instead of, like, seven hours.

• Bellevue. Where we used to live, and I only keep this location so I can compare the weather and feel smug when it’s sunny here and raining in Seattle.

• Sunriver. A spot in central Oregon we like to visit. Sunriver is essentially a big sprawling planned resort-like community which sounds sort of awful but isn’t in the least. We just booked three nights in a rental house as part of our July road trip vacation and I cannot WAIT.

• Galice. Galice (pronounced gah-LEESE) is less of a town and more of a general area in southern Oregon on the Rogue River. We have a family camping trip there next month (at the Indian Mary campground I wrote about here), and we just made an impromptu trip there last weekend to 1) meet JB’s father and brother coming off the 43-mile trail, and 2) stay the night in a cabin. It was an amazing time, and I barely need to keep this location saved because I swear the Rogue weather is always the same: SUNNY AND AWESOME.

seeeelllllffiiiiie!

boys

Okay, your turn!

Comments

77 Responses to “Your life in forecasts”

1. Heather on May 30th, 2014 1:37 pm

New York City — where I live
    St Andrews, Scotland — where my son goes to college
    Mamaroneck, New York — where our beach club is located
    Austin TX — a favorite destination of ours and a fun way to realize that our weather really isn’t THAT hot.
    Hebron NH — where my daughter goes to summer camp
    Washington DC — where my daughter’s school just visited

2. Stacy on May 30th, 2014 4:56 pm

Love this!

Seattle, WA: Current home
    Cannon Beach, OR: Frequent vacation spot
    Portland, OR: Have family and friends there
    Spokane, WA: Have friends there, and grew up there
    San Francisco, CA: Have family and friends there & visit 1-2 times/year
    Los Angeles, CA: Have friends there
    San Diego, CA: Have friends there, and I still think of moving there someday
    Phoenix, AZ: Have friends there
    Somerville, TX: Have family there
    Maui, HI: Have friends there, and will visit someday
    Other: I will add/remove locations when traveling or planning to travel

Gee, there is a theme of sunny locations here…. so shocking from someone who lives in the Pacific Northwest.

3. Michelle on May 30th, 2014 9:59 pm

Ooh, I like this game! Oregon is totally on my ‘places to go’ list, btw.
    I have Melbourne, Australia – which is where I live now – although today is ‘mostly cloudy’, the sun is out and it has that lovely chill meaning Winter is coming.
    The Gold Coast, Australia – because its usually nicer there weather-wise and we spent a long weekend there late last year.
    Invercargill, New Zealand – my hometown and where my family still live. Mostly keep this in my app so I can giggle about how much worse the weather is there.
    Athens, Greece – it was the last stop on our 2 month Europe trip this time last year, and I just haven’t removed it.
    Dubai, UAE – not sure why I included this one in my app as we literally just stayed the night there during our stop-over. It was HOTTT!

4. JMH on May 31st, 2014 6:15 am

Mine is a list of past and future vacation places:

Bellefontaine, OH (we live here)

Hilton Head, SC (My parents live about 20 min. from HHI and we usually vacation there)

Orlando: Went to Disney in January

Jackson Hole, WY: Went to WY last year for an awesome vacation

Las Vegas: Hubby and I went to Vegas for our 15th wedding anniversary…hope to go again for our 20th

5. Erin on May 31st, 2014 2:49 pm

Lakenheath, England — where we just moved from
    Anchorage, Alaska — where we are moving to
    Washington, DC — where we flew into on Friday afternoon
    Raleigh, NC — where family lives
    Charlotte, NC — where family lives

6. Gena on June 1st, 2014 12:06 am

Fun!

Eindhoven, NL because that’s where we are living at the moment
    Seattle – where I’m from
    LA – where my sister lives
    Boise – where my brother lives
    Paris – just a four hour drive away and good to keep tabs on the weather there…
    NY – we have friends who live there
    Rome – visited last october and havent removed it yet
    Thessoloniki – we just went here for vacation
    Amsterdam – the weather can vary a lot in NL
    Zwolle – the closest city on the weather map to where my mother in law lives

7. NancyJ on June 1st, 2014 7:09 am

I scrolled through all the comments to see who’s near me!

Wallingford, CT – because that’s where I live

Putnam, CT – Eastern part of CT and we like to ride our motorcycle there and CT weather seems to have many different eco-systems

Lebanon, CT – weekend cabin middle part of CT same explanation as above

New York – we go there 3-4 times a year and again – weather differences only 1.5 hours away

East Hartford, CT – for our UConn football games

Boston, MA – just got home from a weekend there – our new favorite city to explore – Go Sox! and we’ll see you again soon.

Lake George, NY – heading up there on the motorcycle
    next Friday and you live by the weather on a bike

Penn Yan, NY – same – next weekend trip

Hi to all my New England neighbors!

8. Cynthea on June 1st, 2014 2:27 pm

Fun!

Cincinnati OH – where I live – 86 and partly cloudy
    Portland OR – my hometown and I miss miss miss it, and visit at least once a year – 64 and partly cloudy
    San Antonio TX – where my mom lives (she grew up in TX and never quite took to OR, and the rest of my family is in TX as well) – 88 and partly cloudy
    Columbus OH – the market area I’m responsible for, and weather plays a role in my forecasting – 88 and mostly cloudy

9. Sadie on June 1st, 2014 7:09 pm

Fun idea…and hi NancyJ from another Nutmegger ;)

Hartford, CT – hometown
    NYC – because I work there several times a month and my brother lives there
    Boston – dating someone there
    Los Angeles – just moved back from there after two years and like to torture myself
    Louisville KY – have relatives there and visited in March
    and Chicago – used to date someone from there and it always makes me feel better in the winter to look at their weather

10. Kelly on June 3rd, 2014 12:52 pm

Abington, PA: Where we live.

Philadelphia, PA: Where we lived until January. Also, we are in town plenty.

Odenton, MD: My sister’s place

Baltimore, MD: Not really sure why. :)

Washington, DC: Trip there on Mother’s Day weekend to meet up with some family.

Schenectady, NY: Leftover from a trip last fall to see my in-laws who were there cleaning out my husband’s late grandmother’s house.

Next to add: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Because cousin girl trip in a few weeks. Woohoo!

11. Corinne on June 5th, 2014 12:42 pm

–Milwaukee-ish, WI, where I live. Actually two of them, one where our house is and one where the kids’ school is, because my 8 yo daughter loves the weather app and doesn’t seem to get that 11 miles doesn’t make a difference in the forecast.

–Western Wisconsin, where I grew up and my parents live. It’s handy because my parents are weather watchers, so I like to see the info. Also, weather in this part of the world tends to move east, so we get their weather about a 1/2 day later.

–Los Angeles-ish, where my brother lives. However, this one can make a person bitter, living in Wisconsin and watching southern CA weather. Polar vortex, anyone?

–Wherever we’re going on vacation next. We like to count the days and watch the temps.

12. meslek kursu ankara on June 6th, 2014 4:56 am

:=)

13. mmoxx on June 7th, 2014 2:51 am

Odenton, MD: My sister’s place

14. Kat on June 7th, 2014 7:03 pm

I love this idea
    Buffalo, NY where I live
    Lyons Falls, NY where my dad lives
    NYC where I used to live and have to keep on top of weather for the Yankee game
    Salt Lake City, UT where I also used to live and still consider my second home
    Moab, UT fav camping, hiking spot ever
    Tel Aviv Israel country that has my heart and I like to torture myself during Buffalo winters and look at perfect sunny weather
    Fairbanks, AK little brother is currently stationed there and last winter it made me feel better that it was worse somewhere

15. bessie.viola on June 9th, 2014 8:52 am

Mine are kind of boring compared to some on here! I have my hometown, the town where my kids go to school/daycare, the town where my husband and I work, and lastly Santa Maria CA, where my little sister is stationed.

16. honeybecke on June 22nd, 2014 9:56 pm

Ooh! I just saw this post so I am about a month late but whatevs. Here goes:

Anchorage, Alaska: I live here. We are currently at 19 hours, 21 minutes of daylight. Since we just had the solstice we are, unfortunately, on the downswing of things. We lost 12 seconds of light today! It’s currently 63 and sunny/rain/hailing. Yes, all three concurrently.

Ketchikan, Alaska: I grew up in this small island community in South East Alaska. It is a temperate rain forest and gets about 13 feet a year. It is only a 1 hour 45 minutes flight from Seattle. It is a breathtaking place. Currently 55 degrees and yea, raining.

Durban, South Africa:
    My husband is from there and his family still lives there. I like to see how HOT it is when they are in summer and we are in the frigid winter. Comparing the temperature can be a 100 degree difference sometimes!

Poipu, Hawaii: This is on my favorite island, Kauai. I only have this on my app so I can torture myself in winter and be wistful at the same time.

Hey, this was fun :)

17. making extra money online on July 25th, 2014 6:55 pm

making extra money online…

All & Sundry…

18. seo firm on August 13th, 2014 7:14 am

Hey there are using WordPress for your site platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create
    my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your
    own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

19. Nestor on September 4th, 2014 12:25 pm

Equipped with geo-centric designs, content and domain name the web sites can come
    up simply in local-search listings.

20. Fallon on September 25th, 2014 11:26 pm

You share interesting things here. I think that your blog can go viral
    easily, but you must give it initial boost and i know how to do it,
    just search in google for – wcnu traffic increase

21. North Face Outlet Berkeley on October 31st, 2014 2:09 pm
  22. house for rent in dundee scotland on February 2nd, 2015 1:23 am

Many customs in this country concern themselves with the idea of luck flowing into or
    out of the house.

23. deri ayakkabı on February 3rd, 2015 5:35 am

Deri ayakkabı, deri çizme, deri bot, deri cüzdan , deri çanta, deri kemer

24. air max thea on February 23rd, 2015 12:44 am

肥料農藥是一個通用術語,在農業中使用的各種化學品。
    air max thea
    [url=http://www.delpescador.com.ar/sheetstw/air-max.html]air max thea[/url]

25. chanel on February 23rd, 2015 10:37 am

Your life in forecasts : All & Sundry

26. pandora usa on May 2nd, 2015 5:15 pm

On the whistle, the attacking player pushes or flicks the ball at the goal.
    pandora usa