April 21, 2006

JB’s brother Joe is a somewhat recent homeowner and this weekend he’s adding a fence to his property, and so the whole JB Fam-Damily is descending in droves to help out. While on one hand I think this relatives-chipping-in activity is sweet, on the other hand I can’t believe I’m driving all the way to Eugene this weekend to watch a bunch of guys build a fence.

My job for the next two days, of course, is ferrying Riley around to the various people who will be glad to coo over him but swiftly hand him over in case of whining/crying/pooping.

Have a wonderful weekend, and be glad you’re not motoring down I-5 singing the fiftieth refrain of the little-known nursery rhyme “If Your Figs Are Clean Then Your Nuts Are Very Nice”.

Comments

11 Responses to “My thrilling weekend plans: hookers and blow!”

1. Amy on April 21st, 2006 10:41 am

Ummm, could you not post a little wave file so we can enjoy the song too?

2. Sherbert on April 21st, 2006 10:55 am

I take it JB’s family have descended upon you given your recent rather major remodel?

3. KendraFromPTown on April 21st, 2006 11:11 am

What is the deal, everyone I know is going to Eugene this weekend! Even me! There must be something in the air. I hope Eugene is ready.

4. Liss on April 21st, 2006 12:38 pm

Somehow hookers and blow sound more exciting than fence building. Maybe it’s just me.

5. Jennifer on April 21st, 2006 4:11 pm

Well you have a great weekend too! Eugene isn’t such a bad place… lots of nice coffeeshops to visit while THE GUYS are fence-building. I hope the weather holds out for you! Ahhh, springtime in Oregon, it’s the best.

6. Annie on April 21st, 2006 8:24 pm

The trick is to hand the little darling off to someone and then go outside to “help the guys with the fence” while you really sneak off in the car to get ice cream and eat in peace.

You really do need to share more about the nursery rhyme.

Have a safe trip.

7. Liz on April 21st, 2006 10:37 pm

Heh. This weekend, instead of driving to Oregon we’ll be flying to Indiana with a six-month-old. It doesn’t get much more exciting than that.

8. thejunebug on April 21st, 2006 10:48 pm

When you’re in Eugene, say hi to my sister! For some reason I think you two would *really* get along, hmm.

9. Donna on April 22nd, 2006 7:48 am

I don’t know which would be worse, going to watch a fence being built, or taking my parents to the reunion in August in WV. (Read humidity 95%, temp 95 degrees. All day flight, sharing a hotel room.) And I did this to myself. Volunteered. Made the arrangements. Shoot me now. What a dumbass, with no excuse.
    And yeah, we’d like a wav file of your song, lol.

10. Lisa Ann on April 24th, 2006 7:11 am

Funny. The whining/crying/pooping sounds like me this weekend.

11. Shawna on April 24th, 2006 9:43 am

I think we need ALL the words to this nursery rhyme…