Having a startlingly good time . . .

2408603180_3d147fab0f.jpg

2408703597_72694d41a8.jpg

2408703929_2e08716311.jpg

2408703741_e61141601d.jpg

2408704037_83e21afce5.jpg

2408704309_57c12de8b3.jpg

2409539284_db73a681c61.jpg

2409539850_b3ea81efcd.jpg

2409539598_7247f24bf7.jpg

XOXO.

Comments

36 Responses to “Checking in”

1. Naomi in Oz on April 12th, 2008 10:08 pm

Glad you’re enjoying yourself. That photo of Riley missing the ball looks soooo much like JB.

2. clarabella on April 12th, 2008 10:22 pm

Gah, that little baby looks like you. (I think I say this at least once a week.) Also that picture of Riley with the blurry ball with the wee belt and the wee watch and all that glee–makes my heart pitter-patter for when my own son will be that big one day.

3. Meagan on April 12th, 2008 10:30 pm

Not startling, the Oregon Coast is superfantasico. My parents are there this weekend, so if you see a woman who looks like me (not that you know what I look like) and a short cartoony man with red glasses, say hi.

4. banana on April 12th, 2008 10:45 pm

It is amazing how much Dylan looks like JB.

5. sooboo on April 13th, 2008 12:05 am

Man, that was really beautiful. I could really see the love on everyones faces. What a blessed, great life you have. Man…

6. anna on April 13th, 2008 12:43 am

Skinny arms Linda! Sheesh…go Turbo Jam!

7. Shana on April 13th, 2008 12:57 am

Aww I love your Mei Tai. Go you! It even has a minky lining!

8. Lauren on April 13th, 2008 4:32 am

Love the one of Riley missing the ball. Priceless

9. Julie on April 13th, 2008 5:27 am

Glad you’re having a good time. That picture of Riley with the grandparents walking towards the water is cool. Dylan’s got some great cheeks on him!

10. Sara on April 13th, 2008 5:31 am

I have the same mei tai (without the minky lining)! Did Holly from mei tai carrier make it?

You look like you’re having a good time; you all look so happy and I adore that your in-laws will take off their shoes and get down with Riley.

Who stole Dylan? I SWEAR he was *just* born. What happened!?

11. ELC on April 13th, 2008 5:35 am

It does look like a good time indeed! After reading the post about catching @ parentdish, I am in awe of how perfectly you described Riley’s attempts to catch and how fabulous you are with a camera! What I can’t believe is that you actually have time to DO all this fun stuff (and all the not-so-fun stuff that comes with parenting), and go to the gym, and so cleverly record it all in words and pictures and that you have a dull moment to miss TiVo!

12. K on April 13th, 2008 6:10 am

I love the one of you blowing the bubbles and Riley screeching in the background. I can almost hear the, “Mommy! Why are you doing that?!”

13. Jenny on April 13th, 2008 6:28 am

Gorgeous mei tai!

14. All Adither on April 13th, 2008 7:32 am

That looks like good, sunny, almost relaxing fun.

15. samantha jo campen on April 13th, 2008 7:37 am

So happy for you! Great pics. And also? Can I have your weather? We’re supposed to get SNOW today!

16. Rebecca on April 13th, 2008 8:06 am

Alright. Now I have to find out what the heck a Mei Tai is.
    (Please tell me I’m not the only one)

As usual the kids and photography subjects are gorgeous! But I have to disagree with Naomi in Oz and Clarabella. Riley looks more like you and Dylan looks like JB.
    It’s funny how people see the DNA contributions in offspring. I include my own offspring in this.

17. H on April 13th, 2008 8:57 am

I, too, have to go google Mei Tai now. Also, pleeeeeeeease send that weather eastward. I did not expect to see you people in short sleeves and barefoot.

18. Eric's Mommy on April 13th, 2008 9:41 am

Looks like you are having a great time, and the weather is wonderful!
    We had a very nice day yesterday (when it wasn’t raining) and finally got to go kayaking.

I am also dying over that picture of Riley catching the ball!!

19. liz on April 13th, 2008 9:53 am

looks like a wonderful time–great shots.

also, i love dylan’s carrier. i’m in the market for one, can you share what brand it is?

20. Jen on April 13th, 2008 9:54 am

The weather is SO GORGEOUS right now- Perfect for the beach!!

Question: What IS that thing that you have Dylan in in the first picture?? I saw a lady with one the other day, only she was carrying her little girl on her back! It looks NIFTY!

21. Victoria on April 13th, 2008 10:26 am

Um, Riley? That is exactly how I catch a ball. You’re in good company my friend.

22. Paige on April 13th, 2008 10:27 am

Great photos! So green and happy. And Dylan is the cutest thing ever. His fuzzy little hairline is adorable.

23. Sara on April 13th, 2008 10:32 am

I know I am not Linda – but here’s where I got my meitai and I LOOOVE it. I can put my 1 year old on my back and bake/cook/do dishes/clean toilets or just keep him from being killed by his 2.5 year old brother. Life. Never uninteresting.

What I love about Holly’s carriers are:
    a) you’re supporting a WAHM. I love that.
    b) she is hip. you can choose you own fabrics, have it reversible, add pockets, add key clips, and you even choose the colors for the straps.

so – go buy from Holly! That is what I say.

24. Kathleen on April 13th, 2008 11:21 am

That last photo is gorgeous. What lucky boys you have!

25. Kirsten on April 13th, 2008 11:41 am

I too have the same fabric on my Mei Tai. Rockin. So glad you are enjoying our rainy state. But wasn’t Saturday like spending a day in heaven?

26. tracing on April 13th, 2008 1:26 pm

It looks lovely! Glad you are startled… as in glad you’re having a good time that you didn’t expect.

27. hollylynne on April 13th, 2008 4:17 pm

That second to last picture is quite possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

28. Chris on April 13th, 2008 5:03 pm

I’m sure you know this already, but, man…you are so lucky to have such in-laws. JB is blessed to know that he can leave you and the boys for an extended visit knowing you won’t go apeshit crazy and that he will come home to a well-rested (at least you certainly LOOK well-rested) wife.

These pictures are such a great testament of a happy family!

29. ang on April 13th, 2008 5:15 pm

Seriously, to echo everyone else’s sentiment: you have a beautiful family. I’m glad you’re having a good time while JB’s out of town. My husband travels infrequently with work and I have only one rug rat to contend with. I empathize.

30. jules on April 13th, 2008 5:19 pm

Oh my goodness…do mine eyes deceive me?? Is that little Dylan looking SUSPICIOUS??

31. jonniker on April 13th, 2008 7:02 pm

Awww! This is darling, really it is. You all look so happy, and Riley and Dylan are so lucky to have grandparents who want to be so involved.

I love this.

32. warcrygirl on April 13th, 2008 7:10 pm

You guys do look like you’re having a blast. Blow some bubbles for me!

33. janehatesdick on April 13th, 2008 7:25 pm

That is hands down the coolest baby carrier fabric I have ever seen.

34. moo on April 13th, 2008 7:59 pm

LOVE your armband tat!

35. Zoot on April 14th, 2008 5:54 am

Glad I’m not the only one lucky enough to be enjoying some Spring weather! I feel guilty that my grass is green and the creeks are warm enough to play in.

Plus – you’re looking fantastic!

36. megan on April 14th, 2008 6:33 am

Wow, it looks like you are having such a relaxing time!! Beautiful weather, great scenery and grandparents who are happy to free up an arm or two!

Dylan looks so much like you in that close up shot! And you look great too!