” . . . up.”

“Up. Up.”

grunt grunt grunt grunt

“UP!”

” . . . ”

“Up! Up! Up! Up! Up! Up! Up! Up! Up! UPPPPP! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!”

*boost*

sofapic_09
“!!!!”

” . . . ”

” . . . ”

“. . . Doon.”

” . . . ”

“Doon! Doon! Doon! Doon! Doon! Doon! Doon! DOOOOOON! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

echo This is an infinite loop goto START

Comments

30 Responses to “My life at the moment”

1. Anne on July 10th, 2009 12:27 pm

You know, sky mall magazines sell those stairs/ramps for pets to get up onto beds/couches. Maybe you should invest in one for Dylan?

2. sundry on July 10th, 2009 12:29 pm

I PUT a stool out for him and he just STANDS ON IT cracking up until he loses his balance and FALLS OFF. OMG, this child.

3. danielle on July 10th, 2009 12:30 pm

ah, yes. The ever popular Up:Down:Repeat game! I solve this problem by taking all the cushions off of the couch and allowing the little one to climb up and down by herself. She’ll do this for hours. Actually, she only does it for 20 minutes but that’s something like 2 hours in baby time!

4. amber on July 10th, 2009 12:50 pm

He’s soooo cute though. Those cheeks! That smile. I want one. Don’t suppose I can have yours? (sigh) OKAY, then.

5. Maria on July 10th, 2009 12:53 pm

Man, can I relate. We have this same problem with our front stairs, which are wooden but lead to a concrete pathway. Our days are filled with ups and downs, and near saves from ER visits.

6. Michelle on July 10th, 2009 12:55 pm

Oh, holy hell. We are totally living parallel lives right now. Only difference is that MY little D does more of the grunting and pointing than actual talking. He also makes this horrible sound that makes me think there is a baby goat somewhere in the house dying a horrible and painful death.

Gah.

7. Jillian on July 10th, 2009 1:03 pm

At least he’s not grunting for other reasons. Consider yourself lucky.

8. Heather on July 10th, 2009 1:04 pm

We are also living parallel lives, it seems. Up, down, ball, ball, ball. No. Ya. Ball, ball, ball. It’s like the world’s most annoying song playing over and over and over….

9. Crystal on July 10th, 2009 1:07 pm

Been there. About to be there again soon. Ugh.

10. Hilary on July 10th, 2009 1:11 pm

This is what my 13 month old did to me yesterday.

Hands me the board book to read. I open it, point out the dog, he grabs it, closes it, then gets mad I’m not reading it, hands it to me.

But Dylan does look VERY proud of himself on that chair.

11. Accidental Olympian on July 10th, 2009 1:12 pm

Ahhhhh, but look how proud he looks!

I guess it’s different considering I can objectively think he’s adorable, but then if I suddenly become irritated or bored I can simply walk away…

12. Adelas (Della) on July 10th, 2009 1:12 pm

Yessssssss. Oh my gosh.

Up bup bup up bup bup up up up up.

Ow dlow dlow dlow dlow. (which, though annoying, is like the cutest noise ever, because he thinks he can’t say down, though he can say dit-dee for daddy, so if he can say ow, he could say dow right?)

Baw Bawl bawl bawl baw baw. Pqckqqqqqqqqqqq! (that last, indicating the explosion noise made by the toy Death Star on Daddy’s shelf)

Bay beer ber bear bear bayer bay beer (“bear-bear” is the lovey of choice)

Also HOORAY because I originally “met” you on twitter via someone RTing you, but your twitter profile doesn’t have a link here. And I randomly found you here via Mommy Uncensored. So HOORAY now I can stalk you in full… muahahaha.

13. Audubon Ron on July 10th, 2009 1:15 pm

I understand this perfectly.

14. Cookie on July 10th, 2009 1:25 pm

Totally there with you. Although Nick will use whatever is a available to try and climb up. A chair, a toy, Daddy’s laptop… all of which ultimately end up with him falling. We get dowdowdowdowdowdowdow a lot. Especially when he’s done eating. It will go something like dududududu dowdowdowdowdow. It’s cute, until he realizes he has to be cleaned off from eating and then we get the pterodactyl shrieks. I am toddler, hear me screech.

15. Amanda on July 10th, 2009 1:50 pm

*blink* Dude.

That’s why babies are made cute.

I’m just sayin.

Not that I know everything or anything, but let’s all be honest: you know we wouldn’t be able to stand this shit if they were ugly. THEREISAIDIT!

:) He’s REALLY cute, though, so shouldn’t that mean he does less of this stuff? Did he not get the memo? No? Mail was stopped while on vacay, perhaps? Pesky.

16. Melissa on July 10th, 2009 1:51 pm

I see you’ve given him a stool and it didn’t work, but I was going to suggest another use for your sex wedge thingy, if you still had it.
    He is damn cute. Though the picture is quiet and I can turn off the computer, so I imagine in RL it’s not so charming. :)

17. Kathy on July 10th, 2009 3:23 pm

Has he figured out how to drag the stool around the house to get into stuff in other rooms? My least favorite stage ever.

18. KB on July 10th, 2009 3:39 pm

OMG where did you get that AWESOME lamp on the table next to the cute baby?

19. Mrs. Flinger on July 10th, 2009 5:29 pm

Are you, um, spying on me. AGAIN? This is my life.

Now, let’s go get a beer, ok? Ok.

20. Lesley on July 10th, 2009 5:47 pm

Mighty Dylan has conquered a chair that still dwarfs him.

21. Swistle on July 10th, 2009 6:40 pm

HA HA HA HA HA!!

22. Swiggy on July 10th, 2009 7:09 pm

Would putting the “sex-pillow” (aka, now a child’s play thing) in front of the chair work? At least that way he could slide down and you’d only have to pick him up – right?

23. Magnolia on July 11th, 2009 7:27 am

Oh great, there goes my future. The baby is already trying to face plant into everything possible ala Dylan…next I get to help with up and down! yay!

24. Sarah on July 11th, 2009 8:48 am

LOL. SUCH fun (not) at that age!! *G* Soon enough he’ll be doing it on his own, though..and you’ll long for the game :D

25. Sarah on July 11th, 2009 9:18 am

Further reinforcement of my theory that toddlers learn from the family pets how to drive us INSANE in the most efficient way possible. Dylan is demonstrating a textbook variation of the “Inside Outside” maneuver that he picked up from Cat.

26. patois on July 11th, 2009 6:21 pm

I remember those loops. Nowadays, all I here is machine gun noises out of my 7-year-old’s mouth.

27. sarah on July 13th, 2009 6:31 am

there can never be too much jimmy mcnulty. take it back!

28. kate2.0 on July 14th, 2009 2:04 pm

No joke, I read that as “infantile loop” on first glance!

29. danielle-lee on July 15th, 2009 12:24 pm

Ugh!!! I don’t even like to remember those days AT ALL.

30. Erra on July 17th, 2009 9:33 am

Ehh.. Could be worse. At least he’s asking for help. My little brother went thru the ‘Invincible toddler’ phase. He would climb up things, then fling himself down head-first. Off of anything. Including stairwells. My mum put a crash helmet on him. And a leash.