Some standard 7:45 PM chaos in our house:

And I wonder why bedtimes are always such a challenge. Duh.

Comments

21 Responses to “Gymnastics”

1. Nicole on May 21st, 2010 10:09 am

I prefer to think that bedtimes are such a challenge because we, as parents, are SO FUN to hang out with, right?! :)

Your kiddos are so cute, I love this video! It reminds me of a video I took of my daughter about two weeks ago. This was 10:30pm at night…

Thanks for sharing, and I love your blog! :)

2. 6512 and growing on May 21st, 2010 10:10 am

Love it!
    In my house my husband is totally egging on the late-night shenanigans while I’m getting grumpier by the minute. (at least you’ve got the grace to film it).

3. Eric's Mommy on May 21st, 2010 10:21 am

That was hilarious! I love how Dylan has the stick horse.

Your family is so cute.

4. Lauren on May 21st, 2010 10:22 am

HAHAHA! It is not dissimilar to my little spazzmatron’s antics, which I dubbed SuperBabyFreakoutTime. Now it’s SuperKiddoFreakOutTime (ask about his Iron Man choreography).I wish I had sound on my damn work computer. It looks pretty amusing to hear, as well.

5. shriek house on May 21st, 2010 11:04 am

That’s hilarious. I wonder if they make diapers with a junk-protector cup though, that Dylan was making me nervous!

6. Donna on May 21st, 2010 11:47 am

And Dylan “sticks” the landing, lol!!!
    Your whole family is seriously cute. And goofy!

7. Keaton on May 21st, 2010 12:01 pm

When my brother and I were little, there was a chest (like a pirate chest) near my parents’ bed. We would jump off it onto the bed and do summersaults across the mattress, though sometimes we would overshoot and roll onto the floor. Great fun, but your way seems much safer.

8. Life of a Doctor's Wife on May 21st, 2010 12:13 pm

Very cute!

I love your little one’s attempt at delaying the games by collapsing on the “mat” with his horse. Only temporarily effective, clearly.

9. Sarah on May 21st, 2010 12:15 pm

So cute! This reminds me of a childhood memory…growing up my brother and I used to do somersaults onto our parents’ bed–they had a California King. We’d get a running head start from the hallway and then go flying. Being a kid is just so much glee, isn’t it?

10. marie on May 21st, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice!

That totally made my day – Thanks for sharing!

11. wordygirl on May 21st, 2010 2:30 pm

I love this video! What software do you use to put these marvellous little vignettes together?

12. Lesley on May 21st, 2010 4:48 pm

Riley attempting the backroll followed by JB failing it HARDER? Priceless.

13. Anonymous on May 21st, 2010 8:08 pm

Wow. That was so fun to watch. I have two boys and the couch cushions are a big hit at my house too

14. Kristin on May 21st, 2010 9:36 pm

Pizza hands Dylan! Teach him to put his hands by his ears as if he is holding a box of pizza, and then they’ll be right where he needs them to be to help push him over to complete that backward roll. Teaching gymnastics to toddlers comes in handy sometimes! :)

15. Cara on May 22nd, 2010 7:03 am

Awesome.
    Love the editing and the ever present stick horse.

16. Sara on May 23rd, 2010 7:55 am

My five-year-old daughter just watched this video and then asked, “Mom, could we go to their house sometime?”

Apparently, y’all know how to party.

17. Jen on May 23rd, 2010 8:34 pm

Oh, yes!!!

18. MyFrogs on May 24th, 2010 8:16 am

AWESOME! Take time to go crazy with your kids! I love it! My 9 yr old came in wearing a dog diaper last night, complete with poop hole (hole for the tail). She’s nuts but completly AWESOME!

19. sheilah on May 24th, 2010 10:03 am

it may have been a bedtime FAIL but I am sitting here with a big, stupid grin on my face. That is a big SUCCESS.

20. Christine on May 24th, 2010 6:03 pm

Ah, love it.

21. Stephanie on May 25th, 2010 9:36 am

Awesome! I have girls though, so someone usually cries within the first minute of crazy activity like that!