No occasion, no milestone, just … jeez. 6+ years.

89029802_315a2b4ee8_o

Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 9.08.07 PM

Comments

16 Responses to “From there to here”

1. Nicole on May 23rd, 2012 10:10 pm

…. from here to there, funny things are everywhere. Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
    Thank you for sharing your sons lives with us. I now have my own child – a daughter – and I’m so excited for what’s to come, and I’m already nostalgic for when she was smaller.

2. Diane on May 24th, 2012 2:16 am

It’s been amazing watching him grow. Thank you for sharing. Happy Birthday Riley!!

3. warcrygirl on May 24th, 2012 3:49 am

It just kinda hits you, doesn’t it? My oldest is 13; from the back of the house he sounds just like his father AND he’s starting to grow a little fuzzy moustache.

I must say, Riley isn’t looking suspicious at all in that second picture. Loving the cute litte pre-pecs.

4. Lisa on May 24th, 2012 3:50 am

He’s SIX? Are you sure? What?

5. jeff whichello on May 24th, 2012 7:00 am

Better 6 than 16.

6. Christy on May 24th, 2012 7:58 am

Jeez is right. My son is about a month younger than Riley and some days I look at him and just shake my head in amazement. There was a display at his school of photos of the 5th graders next to their kindergarten photos and I about lost it. It is happening way too fast. (BTW, we had those same pajamas… Made me smile to see those.)

7. Danell on May 24th, 2012 9:19 am

It feels like I somehow pushed a FastForward button back then and ended up here…I didn’t mean to push that button!

8. Amy N on May 24th, 2012 3:54 pm

Amazing! I think I started following you when he was about a year or so….my mom sent me a post about you being out shopping and he was having a meltdown and you wanted to stuff him in a freezer at Home Depot and run away. Ok…that sounds bad. But it was hysterical when you wrote it and I’ve been checking in ever since because I felt the exact same way at that time!!! Congrats to Riley!

9. Anne on May 24th, 2012 4:49 pm

* Smile *

10. Donna on May 24th, 2012 5:36 pm

No way it’s been that long. No effing way…he was just born two days ago and Riley yesterday. Or at least in my mind that is true…

11. wanda on May 24th, 2012 6:11 pm

Same adorable face, only bigger. It goes by too fast!

12. Bethany on May 24th, 2012 7:48 pm

I cannot believe how much he looked like himself from the very beginning!! (It’s just that many babies change so very much…) So special, amazing, and breathtaking, huh?!

13. Nicole on May 25th, 2012 2:40 am

People tell you that they grow up fast, but you really can’t put it into words.

It seems like my daughter was just born, but she’s already 17 months and getting into everything. If I blink twice she’ll be Riley’s age.

Riley. What a cutie pie.

14. Alison C on May 25th, 2012 2:44 am

I love that his face looks exactly the same just more grown up

15. Laura on May 26th, 2012 7:24 pm

I began reading your blog right before you shared the news of your pregnancy with Dylan. It’s been a true blessing to watch him grow, experience and meet life. I’ve learned a lot about being a Mom, being engaged in life and having a sense of humo through your writing. Thank you for inviting me (the world) into small peices of your life and Riley’s life. What an awesome gift.

16. Catriona on May 27th, 2012 12:31 pm

How CUTE is he in the baby photo?!