A friend sent me a link to this video, saying, “I thought you would love this.”

I do. Goddamn, do I ever. I think you might love it too.

20 Responses to “Ze Frank’s ‘An Invocation for Beginners’”

1. Erin on September 17th, 2012 1:30 pm

2. Kim on September 17th, 2012 1:31 pm

Holy shit. *Chills*

3. Melissa on September 17th, 2012 1:38 pm

You weren’t kidding.

4. Heather on September 17th, 2012 1:43 pm

Okay, that made me tear up. Yes, YES 100 TIMES.

And then I watched the video on they made on the teen brain and I wept for my 17 year old because, also, YES… HE IS AN ALIEN.

5. SJ on September 17th, 2012 2:21 pm

Loved that! And if you don’t mind, I’m sharing on Facebook because I have friends that need to watch that!

6. Jessica on September 17th, 2012 3:25 pm

I’ve played it over and over many times since it came out. It’s great, even on subsequent viewings.

7. Maria @ Mom et al on September 17th, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you for sharing this.

8. Shannon C. on September 17th, 2012 5:20 pm

Holy shit, I completely forgot about Ze Frank! I was addicted to his website about a decade ago. Thank you for this!

9. Laura on September 17th, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank you! This was exactly the right message at exactly the right moment! Let’s get this shit started!

10. Erin Baebler on September 17th, 2012 7:54 pm

Exactly! Right message at the right time. Thank you for that. I can be such a pencil sharpener at times.

11. elembee123 on September 17th, 2012 8:13 pm

*whispers* Thank you for this.

12. Melissa on September 17th, 2012 8:14 pm

Loved it. Thanks for posting.

13. Frannie on September 17th, 2012 8:49 pm

Going through some massive changes, and this is really something else. Thanks so much.

14. Hannah on September 17th, 2012 11:30 pm

I could watch that over and over and over.

15. Samantha on September 18th, 2012 7:01 am

Gah. Thank you.

Also, am I the only one who wants to jump his damn bones?

16. Randy on September 18th, 2012 8:07 am

I don’t get it.

17. Jesabes on September 18th, 2012 10:24 am

Ooh, I love “Let me find and use metaphors to help me understand the world around me and give me the strength to get rid of them when they no longer work.”

I know a lot of people who forget the second part.

18. H on September 18th, 2012 2:24 pm

Wow! Thanks!

19. Rhonda on September 19th, 2012 8:49 am

Fantastic. . . .only be satisfied by the cheese of accomplishment. . .

20. Bridget on September 19th, 2012 2:47 pm

I just want to watch this over and over. My favorite part is the cheese monster. I love that overwhelming feeling of creativity – except when it comes when I can’t do anything to act on it.