Have you seen Maru, the Japanese Internet Sensation? The boys are totally in love with these videos and can watch them over and over again, shrieking at top volume every time Maru gets into/out of a box.

Example:

I’ll be the first to admit a couple of small children attacking some cardboard is not quite as unique as a pudgy box-obsessed Scottish Fold, but they’re losing their minds over this video. Now they are just like Maru.

Comments

26 Responses to “Next stop, YouTube”

1. Jennifer on December 12th, 2010 8:18 pm

Cuuuute – but you need to get the boys all over the video where Maru dives into the open-ended soda container and slides his pudgy body across the floor. THAT would be a video to see (of the boys!)

2. Melissa on December 12th, 2010 8:32 pm

Love this :)

3. Amanda_V on December 12th, 2010 8:50 pm

Apparently I have the same sense of humor as your little boys. I was laughing at Maru, and really laughing when your boys tried to copy Maru.

I will be showing both videos to my kids in the morning, and giving them a box simply so I can get some work done for 30 minutes!

4. Lesley on December 12th, 2010 8:57 pm

Maru is hilarious. Probably the most famous cat in the world.

These are pretty good too.

On Youtube:

Snow Dogs

Jerry needs no help playing with his ball. (coolest invention for a dog ever)

Breakfast at Ginger’s- golden retriever eats with hands (totally charming, the dog has perfect comic timing)

5. Emily on December 12th, 2010 9:51 pm

Dylan trying to jump is pure comedy gold!

6. Donna on December 12th, 2010 11:20 pm

And when I think of all the money I’ve spent on toys when all I needed to give them was a box!
    Your boys are hysterical!

7. oregoncoastgirl on December 13th, 2010 3:01 am

One. Million. Pieces. You’re a lucky lady.

8. Quit Smoking Today Or Else…. | Wiki Blog on December 13th, 2010 4:24 am

[…] Next stop, YouTube : All & Sundry […]

9. Emily on December 13th, 2010 6:59 am

I watched by myself and thought, ha! Cute!

Then I showed it to a two-year-old and… huh. SHE COULDN’T BREATHE, SHE WAS LAUGHING SO HARD.

10. Life of a Doctor's Wife on December 13th, 2010 8:20 am

I love Maru. But your boys make for adorable stand ins!

11. Deanna on December 13th, 2010 8:27 am

I love the “nothing can go wrong with that” comment. Seems like I say that alot, too – fully expecting the have to break out the bandaids at any moment.

12. very bloggy beth on December 13th, 2010 9:36 am

First, that is the fattest, smooshiest cat ever, he doesn’t even look real. Adorable. Second, our 2 1/2 year old son has an obsession with cats on par with your son’s horse thing. But somehow we’ve never run across Maru. You just got me like, infinity brownie points!

13. Hadey on December 13th, 2010 9:58 am

My 3 1/2 year old has taken to having us fold her up inside of my suitcase and rolling her around. When we’re not doing that, she likes to just sit and play in it, strapping herself in, putting a pillow in it and watching movies, etc. Yay for cheap thrills!

14. Maureen on December 13th, 2010 10:43 am

Adorable! I love how helpful Riley is, bringing the box closer to the couch for Dylan. What a good big brother.

15. Amy on December 13th, 2010 10:52 am

“What do you have to say for yourself?” “Mowww.” Hahaha. I wish I had a kid to watch Maru with! I may or may not have tried to make my puppy watch the video.

16. Marolyn on December 13th, 2010 12:33 pm

Loved watching Dylan trying so hard to jump into the box… he just needs a little distance! My big ol’kitty Daisy LOVES watching all of Maru’s videos!

17. Sarah on December 13th, 2010 2:51 pm

My little guy loved both videos! Thanks for the entertainment! Your boys are adorable.

18. Janet on December 13th, 2010 4:48 pm

Maru rocks!

19. WannabeMommy on December 13th, 2010 6:03 pm

I can’t decide which one i like better!

20. shriek house on December 13th, 2010 10:35 pm

You’re “Ok, nothing can go wrong with that” comment after the proposed sofa-jumping SLAYED me. I’m DEAD.

21. Eric's Mommy on December 14th, 2010 6:35 am

I love Maru!! Your boys make pretty good Maru’s too.

22. Maria on December 14th, 2010 8:08 am

I am strangely obsessed with pet videos on YouTube. I can’t stop watching the Otto vs Egon vids from Zack Scott. So thanks for some new material for my madness!

23. Christine on December 14th, 2010 8:45 am

I just passed a Maru video onto my sister. Ever since seeing Maru, I’m very disappointed with my cat, who is just interested in eating and getting cuddled. Jerk.

24. wealhtheow on December 14th, 2010 1:21 pm

My boy is FAR more entertained by the video of your boys than he is by the cat. He’s freaking QUOTING your children, Sundry.

25. Heather on December 15th, 2010 8:51 pm

I’ve been to your website at least ten times to find this video (you know, cause going right to YouTube is too hard). My 3 1/2 year old and 20 month old boys are having the same reaction that your boys are having. My boys think this is hysterical and it’s been buying me some much needed time to get stuff done.

Maru In Love is a cute video, kids like that one as well!

26. memaw cas on December 15th, 2010 10:09 pm

oh goodness, I had tears from laughing and i have to admit letting out a few squeals as maru jumps in and through and under! how have i missed this? thanks for sharing and of course for sharing those boys with us! now i need to convince my allergic to cats hubby that we really do need our own socttish fold, i think i will tell him they are hypoallergenic!