It’s that time of year again, for revisiting and rehashing and looking ahead and if you’re me, cursing your terrible memory and reconsidering a ginkgo biloba supplement.

I’ve been doing this New Year’s quiz for many years now (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004), and while it takes some time to work through, it’s a neat way to look back on things.

I’ve changed the questions a tiny bit to get rid of a few things that always annoyed me, but it’s essentially the same as years past. Please feel free to copy/paste for yourself! If you do post this on your own blog, will you link to your entry in the comments here? I’d love to see what you have to say about your 2010.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Ran a half marathon and visited New Orleans. Ran a FULL MARATHON, all 26.2 motherfucking miles, yo. Took two college classes for the first time in a decade, got two As. Went camping as a family of four. Hiked the Rogue River. Went to BlogHer in New York. Endured our first ER visit. QUIT MY JOB (!!!) and became a freelancer. Put our house on the market (then took it off). Floundered with being a stay-at-home, work-at-home, whatever-you-call-it-at-home mom. Took the kids out of daycare, started homeschool. Did a little scrapbooking, bitches. Started CrossFit. Saw one of my children turn two, and the other turn five.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Here’s what I wrote last year, with my updates beneath.

Resolutions for 2010:

• Complete at least 4 physical events that are extremely challenging to me (ie, a 5K no longer counts)

Well, not exactly, but sort of. I did the half, then the full marathon, and that was about it for big race events in 2010. I want to count CrossFit, though, because it’s extremely challenging each and every time I go.

• Have at least 16 school credits under my belt

No, I only finished 10 credits this year.

• Teach Riley to swim

Shit. No. We did some lessons, but we didn’t keep it up.

• Be home in time for dinner at least 4 days a week

Hell to the yes on this one.

• Incorporate more whole foods into our diet, and less processed junk

Yes and no. Yes for JB and I, since I make all our dinners, but not so much with the picky-eater children.

• Make some kind of headway on a novel

Fail.

• Go on an overnight trip with JB

Gah. No. Jeez. Lame.

• Grow at least one vegetable this summer that doesn’t die, DAMN

Yes! Kind of. A little. Well . . . okay, listen, it was a really bad year for gardening, okay? It rained, like, all summer long, I am not even lying. Washington farmers had terrible crops this year. So fine, our tomatoes were pretty awful, but it doesn’t mean we can’t self-sustain if we HAD to.

Oh god we kill everything we plant.

Hmm, re-visiting those resolutions wasn’t quite as satisfying as I thought it would be, for some reason. Okay, looking ahead to 2011:

• Take both the kids to swimming lessons, I mean it this time
• Continue going to CrossFit 3-4 times a week
• Start doing local race events again
• Get a really good photo of the four of us
• Grow out my hair
• Do a better job of staying in touch with friends
• Peel off those extra five pounds I seem to be having so much trouble losing
• Pay off our credit card

These aren’t all particularly lofty goals, but man, our lives are in such flux these days. It’s so hard to say what our situation will be—and what it’ll support in terms of time and/or money—a few weeks, months, or years from now.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Same answer as last year: not outside of the internets.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No. I also want to take the opportunity to confess that I stupidly said “no” to this question last year, instead of acknowledging my uncle’s passing. That omission caused my aunt a lot of pain and messed up our relationship for a while, and I’m so sorry for that. I guess I was thinking of the question in terms of whether it was my loss, when I think of it as her loss. At any rate, it was a crappy and foolish thing to do, and I’m sorry.

5. What countries did you visit?

None.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

A little more clarity for JB on his future, not exactly for me, but because I know it would greatly ease his mind.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

I think I’d say February for the NOLA trip, May for the marathon, September for saying goodbye to Workplace.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Although it is not fresh in my mind, I’ll go with the marathon, because it took so much time and determination to train for it. Also, I managed not to shit my pants while running it, despite what I can only describe as an Increasingly Horrible Situation Starting At Mile 17.

Secondly would be landing my new job. I worked hard for the opportunity, and while it’s not my dream career, it’s perfect for my life right now.

9. What was your biggest failure?

As always, my biggest failures have to do with my sub-par parenting moments. It also feels like a failure that we weren’t able to achieve our goal of moving to Oregon.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Stress injuries during the marathon training, and some lower back bullshit from CrossFit, but that’s about it. Hardly a single cold all year long, same as last year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

The best things I paid for were experiences more than objects. The trips to New Orleans and NYC. My monthly gym membership.

12. Where did most of your money go?

During most of the year our money went to the mortgage and daycare. More recently, it’s been the credit card.

13. What did you get really excited about?

The last two weeks before I turned in my notice at Workplace were fairly epic in terms of excitement/nerves.

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Right this minute I’m going to have to say this goddamned earworm, because the kids are singing it all day long.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Stronger, but probably fatter at the moment.
– richer or poorer? Financially poorer, most definitely.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Traveled, even just around Washington. Written for fun rather than for deadline. Taken more photos. Turned off all electronics.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Gotten spun up about a house sale that never happened. Embarked upon junk food binges that lasted for days.

18. How did you spend Christmas?

At the grandparents’ house in Coos Bay, same as last year.

19. What was your favorite TV program?

No question about it: Breaking Bad.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?

Impossible to remember what all I read, but these stand out at the moment: Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Room by Emma Donoghue, Half Baked by Alexa Stevenson.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

Kanye’s new album, Jule Brown, Broken Bells, Ratatatat, Sleigh Bells, Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Phantogram, Eminem’s Recovery, the Crazy Heart soundtrack.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?

The Fighter, True Grit, The Social Network, Inception, Monsters, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, 127 Hours, How to Train Your Dragon . . . and I’m probably forgetting a bunch.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

JB took me to the Salish Lodge for an amazing dinner, and we celebrated with the kids at home. I was 36.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Last year I wrote “a shorter commute.”

DONE.

I don’t know what I’d say for this year, really. Part of me wants to say money, but the truth is, part of what’s been so valuable about this year is learning to get by on less. It’s been a tumultuous, challenging year, but I don’t think anything could have made it more satisfying that it already was.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaa. “Fashion concept.” *slaps knee*

26. What kept you sane?

Exercise. My little family. Social media. 5-Hour energy drinks.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

A lesson I’ve re-learned over and over: Movement is a medicine for creating change.

me2010

Comments

128 Responses to “Yearly recap: 2010”

1. Denise on December 29th, 2010 4:07 pm

What a lovely photo of you! Wishing you and your family all the very best in 2011.

2. Kirsty on December 29th, 2010 4:23 pm

I’m glad you’ve moved forward in your life, and hope that I’ll manage to do the same in 2011… I’ve posted my answers to this (the full version, in fact, copied from last year) at this post:
    But be prepared – 2010 sucked big time for me, so this is not a happy, laugh-a-minute post…
    Happy 2011 to you and your family, and best wishes for the future!

3. Veronica on December 29th, 2010 4:25 pm

Hells to the yeah Linda!

4. Aubrey on December 29th, 2010 4:29 pm
  5. Jennie on December 29th, 2010 4:35 pm

I always love reading this post of yours. Here’s mine: http://www.shelikespurple.com/shelikespurple/2010/12/2010.html

6. Amanda on December 29th, 2010 4:38 pm

I love that you’ve been doing this same survey for so long…definitely look forward to reading it every year.

here’s mine: http://tipsysociety.com/2010/12/new-years-survey-ak-2010/

7. jolie on December 29th, 2010 4:48 pm

1. beautiful picture!
    2. I like the deletion of the “falling in love” one. Good call.
    3. Breaking Bad – GOOD CALL! I totally forgot about how I was obsessed with that, too.

My survey:

8. Donna on December 29th, 2010 4:48 pm

What a lovely picture, Linda. Happy new year to you and your family.

9. clarabella on December 29th, 2010 5:07 pm

I do this wrap-up every year, riding your coattails, & I’ll link to it when I do, but I just wanted to tell you that I took my orals for my PhD in September (for the 2nd time: long story), and I TOTALLY took Ginkgo Biloba for the 6 weeks leading up to the exam. I have no idea if they helped or not, though, so…
    BUT I passed.

10. Jess on December 29th, 2010 5:14 pm

Fun! I had no idea the first year I copied this survey from you (the first year I had a blog) that it would become an annual tradition for me too. Here’s mine: http://duwaxloolu.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-favorite-blogging-tradition.html

11. Melissa on December 29th, 2010 5:18 pm

Mine’s nowhere near as inspiring as yours, but here it is:

By the way, I look forward to doing this questionnaire every year (and reading other people’s answers).

12. joaaanna on December 29th, 2010 5:25 pm

I truly always enjoy reading your year end recaps. Thank you for sharing once again and I gotta say on that picture… HUMMANA HUMMANA!!!

13. Junni on December 29th, 2010 5:51 pm

Super cute. And I LIKE the bangs!

14. Jennifer on December 29th, 2010 5:54 pm

I like reading the survey as well, and thanks to others who are posting their links in the comments!

p.s. this wasn’t a bad year for Washington crops! Our farmers market had the best stuff all summer, especially strawberries and raspberries. I think you should try growing something other than tomatoes, which need a long season. How about cucumbers? radishes? beets? :)

15. Karl on December 29th, 2010 6:44 pm

Happy New Year! and thanks for writing, it’s always fun to read.

I had thought of writing my recap here, but after a couple answers I realized how incredibly boring (in a sort of good way) this year was. Minimal drama, the baby is finally off The Dole, the ex-con is still Ex and hanging in there, and I was able to pay (with appropriate weeping and gnashing of teeth) a federal tax bill that was literally 10x my gross income the first year I worked full time. (Fortunately it was a special case, if it were to happen again I would have to shoot myself!)

And, good luck to JB work-wise. The start-up thing is always stressful (been there twice, not much to show for it) but at least he still owns his soul!

16. Jeanne on December 29th, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey, is this the part where we discuss your hair?

I loved reading along with your 2010. You should be proud… You did the hard stuff, ran the M, changed your workplace. Your willingness to take chances and work hard will get you where you want to be…

As another homewiththekids mom of a two and five year old, thank you for sharing the truth and being frigging hilarious about it. Happy new Year.

17. Lori O on December 29th, 2010 7:16 pm

You’ve had an amazing year! Way to go with all your accomplishments. I’ve been working on my questionnaire all week. Some of the questions are just hard to remember the answers to them!

18. Wendy on December 29th, 2010 7:19 pm
  19. Stephanie on December 29th, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks for prodding me to do this, and for being honest, hilarious, and inspirational year-round. Here’s mine:

20. Ris on December 29th, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh I just love reading everyone’s year-end wrap ups. Thanks for posting yours, and for inspiring everyone else to do theirs. Mine’s at: http://missris.blogspot.com/2010/12/year-end-wrap-up.html

21. C_Girl on December 29th, 2010 8:12 pm

I have read your list every year since you started…I’m glad I finally have my own to contribute! What a great way to mark the passing of the year.

22. Nicole S on December 29th, 2010 8:48 pm

I loved reading yours last year and this year as well. I really enjoy your blog. You’re one hilarious chick!
    Here’s my first one, I’m going to do this every year now.

Nicole S.
    Fairview, Oregon.

23. jill on December 29th, 2010 9:07 pm

Linda,
    I joined crossift because of you and you’re right AMRAP does mean craziness-but I LOVE it-thanks for helping me take the plunge to work hard- and like it!

24. clarabella on December 29th, 2010 9:28 pm

Ok, I lied. I didn’t do this last year. But I just did it for 2010.
    Here: http://liamthedude.typepad.com/myblog/2010/12/2010-wrap-up.html

25. Kate on December 29th, 2010 9:29 pm

You’ve had a great year!

I like the change to the “musical discovery” question. If I hadn’t already done mine I would copy your revised version. Anyway, here’s my survey: http://www.kateo.org/2010/12/year-in-review-2010/

26. #6 on December 29th, 2010 10:53 pm

How come your favorite music is my favorite new music of 2010? Oh yeah right…you told me about it.

27. Angella on December 29th, 2010 11:36 pm

You are so pretty. :)

Because you are my friend, I feel I should participate, but because I am your friend, I think I can bow out because, well. December has kicked my ass.

Happy New Year, Linda.

28. Gemma on December 30th, 2010 3:12 am

hooray! i love reading the year in review surveys.

here’s mine: http://longlostpenpal.com/2010/12/2010/

29. Lucy on December 30th, 2010 3:51 am

You don’t credit yourself enough Linda. You really are inspiring. And beautiful. Wishing you a very happy 2011.

30. el-e-e on December 30th, 2010 6:27 am

Oh, MAN: Thanks for sharing that Baby Monkey video. Lordy. It’s ALREADY in my head and I only watched it ONE TIME. ;) Funny.

I thought your 2010 was incredible. Loved being able to read about it, so thank you. Happy New Year!

31. Jen_Ann_W on December 30th, 2010 7:24 am
  32. Ter on December 30th, 2010 7:58 am
  33. Karen Bennett on December 30th, 2010 8:29 am
  34. bessie.viola on December 30th, 2010 8:48 am

Wow. You had an incredible year! I’m in awe. What’s left for 2011?

Here’s my list: http://bessieviola.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/recap-of-2010/

Happy New Year to Team Sharps! Looking forward to hearing more adventures in the new year.

35. Ali V. on December 30th, 2010 9:35 am

What a beautiful picture of you! You look lovely and very happy.

You inspired me to do crossfit too! I’ve completed my beginner classes and start the real thing 4x a week in January. I’m genuinely scared.

36. Gaby on December 30th, 2010 9:44 am

Thank you for letting us into your life for another year, Linda. I love your writing, and I aspire to tell my version of Workplace to shove it one of these days, so I will continue to look to you for inspiration (no pressure! You inspire simply by living fully).

Quick question: What was that conditioner you had listed as a “Loving, lately” item? I was just talking about it and came to remember its name, and I noticed you had removed the link. Thanks!

37. Alyce on December 30th, 2010 9:45 am

Lovely. And a beautiful scarf to boot.

38. Carrie on December 30th, 2010 11:22 am

This mostly reminds me of how terrible of a memory I have!

39. sheilah on December 30th, 2010 11:30 am

I put up my wrap-up. I have been meaning to play along for a few years but have been too lazy. This time I did it. Yay for me.

40. Lindsay on December 30th, 2010 12:09 pm
  41. janet on December 30th, 2010 1:30 pm

I think I have you to thank for Breaking Bad! Freaking love it.

Here’s mine: http://www.loveisblonde.com/2010/12/30/2010-i-wont-miss-you/

42. Kari on December 30th, 2010 1:32 pm

I loved reading this, that is a great picture of you, and your #6 made me tear up. You guys are so in love. I used to read a million blogs a day and now I’m down to just a few, and yours is one. Happy New Year.

43. Let’s talk about 2010 « Butterscotch Sundae on December 30th, 2010 1:36 pm

[...] talk about 2010 It’s time once again for the All & Sundry Yearly Recap, which is a thing that I did in ‘06, ‘07 and ‘08 but apparently skipped last [...]

44. Nichole on December 30th, 2010 1:44 pm

I love these yearly recaps. Here’s mine. (I also love the ridiculous and “bad” pictures of your family.)

45. Penne on December 30th, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks for being an inspiration. And not just for bangs. Happy new year to you and your cute family.

46. Michelle on December 30th, 2010 2:45 pm
  47. Amanda Brown on December 30th, 2010 3:03 pm

I always look forward to your answers, Linda. You have had an amazing year and accomplished so much, all while keeping the throngs us readers laughing and commiserating with you. Happy 2011 to you!!

48. New Year’s Quiz 2010 | Mom et al on December 30th, 2010 4:27 pm

[...] again! This is my third year completing the New Year’s quiz (links for 2008 and 2009). Linda at All & Sundry already has hers up, and this year she changed around the questions a little bit. The ones that [...]

49. Alex on December 30th, 2010 5:20 pm
  50. Maria on December 30th, 2010 5:42 pm

This is my third year, and it’s always fun! I was a little worried about this one though, because frankly I had a crappy year. I guess if anything it gives me focus for what I need to make better.

51. velocibadgergirl on December 30th, 2010 6:01 pm
  52. Kristin on December 30th, 2010 6:36 pm

Love the photo, Linda. And thanks for the inspiration to ’self-reflect’. Here’s mine

53. Kristin on December 30th, 2010 6:38 pm

DAMN IT! It didn’t work. Let me try again! http://blogginmommyof5.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-year-in-review.html

54. Elizabeth on December 30th, 2010 7:13 pm

Here’s mine:

I always enjoy reading everyone’s answers!

55. Lola on December 30th, 2010 7:33 pm

I love this little tradition. :o)

Happy 2011 Linda to you and your family.

56. Hilary on December 30th, 2010 9:46 pm

I’m bleary-eyed and fuzzy headed, but I got the thing done. Thanks for the example, and for being such a source of comfort, humor, and inspiration.

57. Tracy on December 30th, 2010 10:00 pm

I always look forward to these posts. This is the first year I’ve had someplace to publish my answers. Thanks for editing the quiz, the questions you got rid of were the ones that I was totally scratching my head over.

58. Sonia on December 30th, 2010 11:36 pm

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
    I became an honest-to-goodness reformed shit disturber. I took my best friend on a girls only vacation to Maui. Included in that trip I hiked to the I’ao Needle, went to the aquarium, and generally got off my ass on vacation. For the first time in many years of going there. I got a lot better at chilling out, and not sweating the small stuff. *see revelation at beginning of list. Celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss. Watched my fantastic kid turn 10 years old. Watched my fantastic kid (who is mostly non-verbal) spit out 15 new words, 20 new signs. AND HE LEARNED HOW TO READ!!!! WOOHOOO!!! I went back to work part time in a retail setting, and managed to still get my son to and from his therapy appointments, keep my two other jobs up, and make some DAMN good dinners. Nothing major, but some new stuff nonetheless.

I don’t remember making any last year…soooo…..no?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
 Yes!! A couple of my dear friends did!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
 Yes. My husband’s beloved Grandmother passed away.

5. What countries did you visit? Uh…none. Am lame.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A paid off credit card. We will have the truck paid off soon though, so the credit card is an attainable goal!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None. Again lame.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 The not shit disturbing thing.

9. What was your biggest failure? Hmmm…I suppose it’s good that nothing stands out THIS year….

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Illness. Many, many months of sinus infection.

11. What was the best thing you bought? OMG, I’m so my husband’s wife…..the new TV. And the plane tickets to Maui.

12. Where did most of your money go? Bills. Mortgage mainly.

13. What did you get really excited about? My kiddo reading and saying more words. The Maui trip. I mean, COME ON!!! Best friend in Maui? YES!!!

14. What song will always remind you of 2010? Damn. I dunno.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier.
    – thinner or fatter? Thinner.
    – richer or poorer? Richer in contentment, about the same financially.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 Working out.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 Working. And worrying.

18. How did you spend Christmas? At home for the first time in 8 years. No trip to the cabin in Winthrop this year. My husband worked at the fire station.

19. What was your favorite TV program? OMG. I’m going to say it out loud. The Real Housewives. Don’t hate me.
    20. What were your favorite books of the year? Half Baked, Unbearable Lightness.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
 I’ve been listening to a lot of older alternative music.

22. What were your favorite films of the year? Avatar. Was that from this year? And Julie & Julia. Was that from 2010? I’m so late getting to see movies, I’m not sure I’m in the right decade most of the time.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 37. We had dinner with my family and a few friends at my dear friend/neighbor’s house.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less debt. This will ALWAYS be my answer.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? This is making me giggle a little….My personal fashion concept since January of 2010, has been a lot nicer and a tad more sparkly. I’m working at an upscale women’s boutique, so a lot more designer denim, and a lot less baseball hats and track pants. :)

26. What kept you sane? A much more laid back personality than ever before, my sweet little family, coffee and pharmaceuticals.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
 Stop sweating the small stuff so much. I truly learned to not immediately spout off a reaction to EVERYTHING. I can now think about it, mull it, and come up with a relaxed, reasonable response to most situations. Usually. I learned to truly listen to someone else, not internalize their issues and make them my own. You worry about your crap, I’ll worry about mine. I’ve got to say, I’m very happy to have figured this out. Only took 37 years. ALSO…. BACK UP YOUR HARD DRIVE. That was an $850 lesson. Data recovery isn’t cheap, yo.

59. Tracy on December 31st, 2010 12:00 am

Hi, I found this end-of-year recap through arwen’s twitter feed somehow – I think it was through Temerity Jane’s end of year recap – and I liked it a lot. My recap – if you’d like to see it (and it gives you credit too!) is at http://terelina.typepad.com/the_secret_of_living/2010/12/i-will-sum-up.html

thanks! Happy New Year!

60. Ginger on December 31st, 2010 1:14 am

This is my first year doing this, but damn if it doesn’t make me want to make 2011 better if only to have better answers than I did for 2010.

61. Lindsey on December 31st, 2010 6:01 am

Love this!
    I finally, after several years of reading yours, did my recap:
    Thank you!

62. Time keeps on ticking… « waitingforcoffee.com on December 31st, 2010 6:53 am

[...] And because I’ve done this before, and 2010 was so filled with change, here’s my recap questionnaire. Stolen quite blatantly from Linda. [...]

63. transientxpress on December 31st, 2010 7:26 am

Love this annual post. This year is the first year I did it on my blog. Happy New Year!

64. Rachael on December 31st, 2010 8:51 am

I’ve been a long time reader, and finally coming out of the woodwork to say Happy New Year!

Here’s mine:

65. Katie on December 31st, 2010 9:06 am

Loved this- and borrowed it! Here’s my link:

Happy New Year!

66. Retrospective: Take 5 « Hoot! on December 31st, 2010 9:56 am

[...] survey forever and ever, and I really enjoy it. I’m using the slightly modified version that Linda posted this year, except where I modified it back, and my past years are here: 2009, 2008, 2007, [...]

67. Lesley on December 31st, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks for the kicking me in the butt…I needed a good kick to get my 2011 started off right.

Here is my recap/goals….

68. Valria on December 31st, 2010 11:32 am

You certainly accomplished a lot this year! Thanks for continuing to share it with us.

Here is myrecap.

69. 2010 Year-End Recap « This is StyckyWycket on December 31st, 2010 11:55 am

[...] followed along with Linda’s example and used the updated questions format as my [...]

70. Erin@MommyontheSpot on December 31st, 2010 12:36 pm

Seems like you had an awesome year! Killing the commute and striking a work/personal life balance has got to feel awesome! Here’s to a great 2011!

71. 2010, my year « Karen Chatters on December 31st, 2010 1:40 pm

[...] but due to lack of sleep and a crazy raw nose, I have nothing original or interesting to say. So, I’m copying Linda but she said to, so it’s OK. I [...]

72. Karen Chatters on December 31st, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for the great idea Linda! I love your blog, thanks for letting me lurk.

73. Anonymous on December 31st, 2010 1:56 pm

I was looking for something to help look back on 2010. This is great! I am expecting a great 2011, actually planning for it. Good luck….

74. Alexis on December 31st, 2010 3:08 pm

This was perfect. A much better synopsis of the highs and lows of 2010 than the senseless rambling I was generating…

75. Alice on December 31st, 2010 3:36 pm

congrats on a very change-filled 2010! i wrote one in your format too, as usual: http://aliceblogs.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010.html

76. Melanie on December 31st, 2010 5:11 pm

Here’s mine, and yeah, I eliminated a few annoying questions as well. Happy New Year, Linda!

77. Carollyn on December 31st, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for sharing…it sure was fun to think about all of those questions!

78. Jenny on December 31st, 2010 7:27 pm
  79. Aimee on December 31st, 2010 7:54 pm

I went with you style as well!!!

What a beautiful picture of you at the end!!

80. shriek house on December 31st, 2010 8:59 pm

Wow, what an inspiring read! Thanks for sharing, and for the nudge to do this myself:

81. Heather on December 31st, 2010 9:02 pm
  82. Hello world! « styleformiles on December 31st, 2010 10:24 pm

[...] Since we’re talking resolutions, here’s a little idea I got from Sundry: [...]

83. megan on December 31st, 2010 10:42 pm

thank you for giving me the perfect post to start my new blog off with!

I’ve wanted to start one forever and this saved me from being worried about posting the perfect content.

Here’s to a fabulous 2011!

84. Anonymous on January 1st, 2011 12:27 am

Happy New Year to you!
    I’m really glad I did this last year, so I did it again tonight:

85. ~Mary~ on January 1st, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you, as always, for your honesty and your humor. Reading your blog always brightens my day. I wish you a wonderful 2011.

86. Savanna on January 1st, 2011 7:31 am

Great post! I did a yearly recap as well. Here’s mine:

87. Jenna McCarthy on January 1st, 2011 9:56 am

That was awesome. I called my own year in review “It’s Just a Flesh Wound.” Here it is: http://www.jennamccarthy.com/blog/

Grateful for your fabulousness. :)

Here’s to an exciting, prosperous, less-bloody 2011.

88. Her Ladyship on January 1st, 2011 10:59 am

I love reading your blog – your efforts to work through things as honestly as you can are truly inspiring. Here’s my yearly wrap-up, and best wishes for 2011: http://herladyship.blogspot.com/2011/01/yearly-wrap-up.html

89. Lower Back says 'help' on January 1st, 2011 1:31 pm

A CrossFit lower back injury? What a surprise. The lower back is the first thing that’s easy to mess up-once you get poorly coached on olympic lifting you can look forward to a torn labrum and knee issues.

google “The Couch Thread”

90. cara on January 1st, 2011 1:39 pm

I realized that I hadn’t ever done anything like this, so I took you up on the invitation:

91. souphead on January 1st, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for the inspration to post something for the first time in a loooong time!
    Happy New Year! Here’s to a great 2011 for all!

92. ste on January 1st, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for sharing this questionnaire. It was good for me to work through it.

93. Elly on January 1st, 2011 5:01 pm

I’ve never responded but have been a long-time follower of your blog.

94. Meagan on January 1st, 2011 5:22 pm

Not sure there’s much point adding mine this far down, but I’ve participated the last 3 years or so, so here goes:

95. Keely on January 1st, 2011 5:39 pm

I’ve enjoyed reading your blog this year! Have a happy new year and wonderful 2011. Here’s my post with the 2010 survey, great idea! http://sendmehomeat12.com/?p=731

96. Colleen on January 1st, 2011 6:33 pm

I stumbled across your survey/blog via “Issa’s” blog and stole your idea (with a link to your blog to give you the credit for the idea). Thanks for letting me use your format. Here is mine:

97. 2010 – A Year in Review « on January 1st, 2011 8:16 pm

[...] to start from, I’m jumping on the bandwagon and taking the year in review quiz posted by Sundry by way of Ramble [...]

98. Cherish on January 1st, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks for this inspiration Linda! I needed a kick in the pants to do something like this. It felt good to recall all the ups and downs of 2010. A lot happens in a year!

99. Guinness74 on January 1st, 2011 10:47 pm

Always enjoy your posts! Keep writing, and we’ll keep reading. For my 2010, check out http://slugger.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/fresh-start/

100. 2010: The Year in Which Things Happened « Life in Scribbletown on January 2nd, 2011 11:47 am

[...] what had happened in 2010 and fortunately my scribblings revealed much. I’ve decided to use Sundry’s meme format to capture The Scribbletown Year: 2010 and will try to cram in as much as I can from my notes. I [...]

101. Claudia on January 2nd, 2011 11:48 am

Can you stand another one? Since I have kids in the house, it’s taken me DAYS to do this: http://freshhell.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/2010-the-year-in-which-things-happened/

102. Christine on January 2nd, 2011 2:05 pm

Here’s my attempt, enjoy the New Year.

103. Kami on January 2nd, 2011 4:04 pm

This has nothing to do with your current post–but I had to let you know I just recently noticed the loving lately to the right of your blog! I LOVE it, we obviously like alot of the same things please keep em coming! I’m drooling for the blow dryer, MK?!

104. Christen on January 2nd, 2011 8:55 pm

Another entry if that sort of thing interests you. I feel like my year isn’t terribly earth-shattering compared to yours, but it’s been a good one.

105. Kelli on January 3rd, 2011 9:24 am

Happy 2011 Linda! I don’t comment enough, but I read your blog daily. You’re such a talented writer & express so many emotions and events so well. I’m a huge fan & would certainly be first in line should you ever write a book.
    I started doing these questions a few years back when I first read them on your blog. I really enjoy this as a year end “wrap-up” & find the questions help me reflect on the year one last time before we bid adieu.
    Here’s my list for 2010: http://titleisworking.blogspot.com/2010/12/annual-38.html

Wishing you & your family all the best for the New Year!

106. very bloggy beth on January 3rd, 2011 10:30 am

I do an abbreviated version and I couldn’t remember who I poached the idea from, but it must have been you ;)

107. KKF on January 3rd, 2011 10:39 am

Radiant.
    Simply.
    Radiant.

108. KKF on January 3rd, 2011 2:42 pm

P.S. Here’s mine!

109. KKF on January 3rd, 2011 2:43 pm

Like an idiot – I’ll post three whole times to get the link right.

I’ll go hang my head in un-cool shame now.

110. Janna on January 4th, 2011 11:15 am

Here is my wrap up. I really enjoyed doing this, it got me thinking, and thinking what I want to change. Thanks!

111. dani on January 4th, 2011 12:13 pm

if you haven’t, you have to read the hunger games. better than graceling.
    really.

112. Life of a Doctor's Wife on January 4th, 2011 2:50 pm

I copied this survey from someone who’d probably copied it from you last year, and did it again this year. And you’re right – it DOES take some time to work through. I feel like mine was a bit half assed this year, as a result. (Now you really want to read it: http://lifeofadoctorswife.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/2010-round-up-a-rama/)

I wanted to comment on #4 – I did the same thing this year: my husband’s grandmother passed away, and while I loved her, it doesn’t feel like MY loss. Maybe I should go change my answer anyway.

Anyway, I love your responses. It was a hell of a year!

113. moosh in indy. on January 4th, 2011 5:39 pm

The dinner one is by far the most important and most impressive. Can you feel me patting you on the back from here?

114. Amanda K on January 6th, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks for sharing these! After reading yours I decided to do my own, so here it is! http://ok-state-kellys.blogspot.com/2011/01/hello-2011.html

115. Arina on January 6th, 2011 9:57 am

Late to the party, but here’s mine:

116. Jill on January 6th, 2011 6:30 pm
  117. 2010 in Review « big life BALANCE on January 6th, 2011 11:30 pm

[...] I will join the masses, albeit a bit late, and join the New Year Meme.  All the kids are doing it.  New Years for me was relaxing; we began with champers around 4, then made yumm-o [...]

118. wealhtheow on January 7th, 2011 6:43 am

Here’s my list: what a great idea!

119. ZestyJenny on January 7th, 2011 6:26 pm

I did it!

Thanks for reminding me to do this again. Third year in a row!

120. Jennifer on January 7th, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks LInda for the great post! My answers to the questionnaire are on my site:

121. jwoap on January 8th, 2011 10:30 pm

Linda – You posted this amazing simple recipe with Quinoa and onions and squash I think. It was comfort food to die for. Can you repost?

122. Parents Blog Roundup | GoodyBlog on January 10th, 2011 2:39 pm

[...] From All & Sundry: Yearly Recap 2010 [...]

123. Denine on January 10th, 2011 2:58 pm

I’ve been doing the yearly recap for the past 3 years. My friend, Aimee, must have found the post on your blog, and then she did it on her blog, and the I “stole” the idea from her. I completely forgot you were the originator, according to my circle of blog friends, anyway. Thanks! When I have nothing to write about, it opens up so many ideas and dialogs. Here’s what I had to say about 2010. And an extra thanks too, for allowing me to feel free to change the format. I didn’t but I feel like I too could delete a few questions. Was it ever longer? I have 37 and it seems so random!

124. Kim on January 12th, 2011 3:15 pm

Look forward to this every year. Thanks for sharing. You’ve inspired me to never try CrossFit however.

125. Looking back on 2010 » misspriss.org on January 17th, 2011 5:09 pm

[...] what the heck, I’ll do it again since 2010 was quite an eventful year. Once again, seeing Linda’s reminded me that it’s time to bust this out. She said she made a few slight changes to hers, [...]

126. 2010 – the year that was | The Super Whites on February 18th, 2011 8:46 pm

[...] a little late this time, but in the tradition of Sundry I bring you the latest installment of my annual yearly [...]

127. 2011 Recap | marcelledanielle on January 4th, 2012 4:48 am

[...] borrowed this from All & Sundry who has been posting a similar recap since [...]

128. burberry boots while|as|with|on top of that|in addition on January 28th, 2014 2:44 am

schedule for an upgrade

regar burberry boots ding love,burberry boots, Louis Tomlinson offers the trustworthin burberry jacket ess of being the steadiest in enterprise. clothing apparently determined you standing on a date at example also undergradu…