Say what you will about the grainy, over-filtered crappiness of Instagram images, I love this app. It’s just a spectacularly easy and enjoyable way to document little moments on a daily basis, and peek into the lives of others while you’re at it.

From the Instarchives, a (non-fancy) photo for each day in March:

Comments

31 Responses to “March, Instagram-style”

1. Laura @ the Diniwilks on April 20th, 2011 2:18 pm

Holy CRAP Dylan is getting big! Love the note from Allie and the one of the boys by the fence.

2. Stephanie on April 20th, 2011 3:04 pm

I JUST downloaded this app yesterday! Love the peek into your month, esp. the one of the boys watching TV in a cardboard box. Classic.

3. Cara on April 20th, 2011 3:11 pm

I love Riley’s Salt Lick BBQ t-shirt. I live about 5 minutes from there and it rocks! I think my favorite pic is also the one of the boys in the box watching TV. It looks like something my kids would do :)

4. Lindsay on April 20th, 2011 4:26 pm

Oh my goodness. Would one of these every month be too much to ask? :)

5. Lindsay on April 20th, 2011 4:27 pm

I was so excited that that might not have been clear…I LOVED this entry! I can’t believe how big Riley looks in that last picture, and how big Dylan looks in um every picture!

6. Katie on April 20th, 2011 5:12 pm

Love it.

7. kate on April 20th, 2011 5:38 pm

Catching up on the 2nd season of SoA right now!
    Soo mad at Henry Rollins!

8. Amanda K on April 20th, 2011 6:48 pm

Love!!! The tag where Riley doesn’t like balloons made me giggle. :)

9. Katie B on April 20th, 2011 7:41 pm

Love this idea. The grainy-ness actually adds a fantastic quality to your pics! Wishing I had a decent phone to be able to take advantage of ideas like this one!

10. Rachel H on April 20th, 2011 9:08 pm

Great pics! I heart Instagram too! Following you on there now.

11. GingerB on April 20th, 2011 10:29 pm

I love this – I especially enjoy your boys having situated themselves in the box, much as my girls recently folded thmeselves into a laundry basket (well, we all know there was not any laundry in there).

12. Cassie on April 21st, 2011 5:40 am

This is amazing. My husband is in Afghanistan and I have to do this for him. It will make him cry.

13. StyckyWycket on April 21st, 2011 5:50 am

I love Instagram because looking through these pictures of yours reminds me of pictures of me and my brother when we were their age. It feels like a lifetime and a half ago…

14. Life of a Doctor's Wife on April 21st, 2011 6:02 am

“Non fancy” and yet still wonderful. Love that you capture little moments like this. The one of your boys sitting together in that basket (?) is SO cute.

15. Redbecca on April 21st, 2011 6:24 am

I love the one of Dylan wearing JBs boots. And I see the annual head shave has happened. Must be Spring!

16. Gaby on April 21st, 2011 6:57 am

Beautiful captures. These are perfect representations of life’s little moments. Your boys are going to really treasure these glimpses into their younger years (and if they don’t, their significant others someday will!). And can I just say that the pictures of you are gorgeous?! Love the one of you in your sunglasses–it could be an advertisement.

17. Amy M. on April 21st, 2011 8:48 am

Love the family tree – great idea! I may have to steal! Poor Riley doesn’t like balloons…

18. nanann on April 21st, 2011 9:08 am

Okay, I’ve hated the whole instagram thing, generally finding the poor quality annoying, but it now looks like I’m swallowing my words. I must say, I **really** like what you’ve done. It is just so nostalgic with the 1 picture a day all put together.

19. Dawn on April 21st, 2011 9:57 am

I really hope that when Riley and Dylan get older that the My Parents Were Awesome blog (http://myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com/) is still around because you and John will definitely qualify.

20. Tia on April 21st, 2011 12:05 pm

Love :)

21. adequatemom on April 21st, 2011 6:38 pm

Lovely pictures. I especially like the one of you in your sunglasses … and the last two pics of the boys nearly stop my heart. Love!

22. agirlandaboy on April 21st, 2011 9:37 pm

Brilliant. You guys are my favorite.

23. PattM on April 22nd, 2011 5:33 am

So cute! Love the kids in a basket….my brother and I did that and so did my kids when they were that age. Can’t wait for the April pics!

24. Jennifer on April 22nd, 2011 12:13 pm

So glad to see Dog there in one of the pics. I was just thinking about her last week and wondering if she’s still hanging on! Glad she’s still enjoying life and being loved by you guys.

I don’t blame R for the balloon thing either. Those suckers always worry me too, aka “dang, when is one of those going to pop and scare the pee outta me?”

25. Jennifer on April 24th, 2011 10:37 pm

I am the mother of two boys, they have the loves of my life. They are easy going, fun, not afraid to snuggle, while playing as tuff guys… Soon they turn into young men who want to join the united states marine Corp. And there isn’t anything we can do but be here when the get back. They grow fast!

26. mcconk on April 25th, 2011 12:04 pm

I must be absolutely crazy, but I can’t find an email address for you anywhere on this site! Or, probably you are too smart to post one what with all the crazies. Anyway, can you email me please and tell me how to make the adobo chicken thighs? Please, and THANKS!

27. babelbabe on April 26th, 2011 4:22 pm

ohmigod, the one of them feeding the stick horse? broke my heart a little, in a good way.

28. Amy on April 27th, 2011 10:44 am

Adorable!

29. http://www./ on November 13th, 2016 5:42 pm

excellent post Shaneyour blog has become my favourite domaining blog, hands downyours and Ricks are the only ones I read these daysone question.when you sell on namejet, how do you do it?list as a portfolio auction?also how do they pay? paypal?cheers

30. auto kredit finanzierung autofinanzierung durch werbung lied on February 12th, 2017 11:11 am

That’s really thinking of the highest order

31. http://www./ on March 1st, 2017 2:51 am

En el momento que estaba escuchando la sección de fobias salí corriendo porque encontré un sapo en el jardín de mi casa!! Mi marido quería que enfrentara mi miedo y saliera igual.