May 13, 2007

The weather didn’t cooperate today and it was kind of gray and chilly and unpleasant outside. I did three loads of laundry and picked up our mounds of clutter and vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen, and at that point the last thing I wanted to do during Riley’s afternoon nap was pull on my running gear and leave the house because seriously. THREE LOADS.

But I’d gone shopping earlier in the day and I had bought two pairs of pants, pants with a 6 on the size label. Size six, and I still cannot believe it. I haven’t owned a six in I don’t know how many years. I don’t even want to wear these pants, I want to staple them to my forehead with the label out because SIX. Holy crap, six.

So after we went out to lunch with Riley and spent some time playing in the chilly, gray backyard, I pulled on my running gear and left the house. And when I got back I felt like I could power up a million lightbulbs. That’s how good I felt. Like I could set things on fire with my brain.

I cannot think of a better Mother’s Day present, and I gave this to myself. I said goddamn! Goddamn.

Comments

29 Responses to “Screw Hallmark”

1. natalie on May 13th, 2007 7:31 pm

That is AWESOME. I say just respond with the word “six” whenever anyone asks you how you’re doing from now on.

2. Colleen on May 13th, 2007 7:42 pm

Oh this is so cool!! Running is the best! I agree with Natalie. “Six” is the only appropriate answer from this point forward.

3. mrsgryphon on May 13th, 2007 7:42 pm

Good for you! And a very Happy Mother’s Day to you!

My Mother’s Day sucked – maybe I’ll try running (away), so that I might fit into a 6 someday!!

4. Keaton on May 13th, 2007 7:42 pm

I agree with Natalie. Awesome! Also, I feel as if setting things on fire with your brain would be dangerous, especially if Riley made too big of a mess or the diaper bag was too full – just burning the mess away would be far too tempting the first time (after that, the smell would just get to you).

5. Mary O on May 13th, 2007 7:52 pm

Wow. My mouth dropped open when you said “size 6”. That is seriously tiny. That is so great!

6. Shannon on May 13th, 2007 7:58 pm

It’s a pretty damn good day when you can fit into a size 6 and you feel like little Charlie McGee in “Firestarter!” Hurray!

7. Josh on May 13th, 2007 8:15 pm

Six you say? I never broke the code on womens sizing. It’s all some sort of enigma code to me. But if you say six is good, then by golly, rock your socks off. I kid you not, I’m super siked out for your ass. Congradulations on being attractive.

And happy Moms day. I got mine a new aul so she can continue to have her fires which she loves so much. She doesn’t actually split the wood herself. We menfolk do it for her. But the old one was broken and without it there will be no more fires. So it’s a vicarious gift. Fire through new tools. It’s like a one night stand, everyone wins. But she’s the really tool loving type of old lady. For my parents last aniversary my Dad got her a new wheel barough. That’s just her sorta thing.

Oh, and happy mothers day to all the rest of the ladies who read this blog, and have spawned their own minions.

8. Yams on May 13th, 2007 8:15 pm

Size six ?! HOTdamn!! Congrats, Linda.

9. coffee stained on May 13th, 2007 8:21 pm

YOU RULE! Seriously.
    Any single digit pants size would be a definite motivator for me.

ps Screw Mother’s Day if you had to do 3 loads of laundry. WTF is up with that? The man should have been your bitch today. Did I miss the memo stating he was out of town or something?

10. barbra on May 13th, 2007 9:00 pm

You are the shit girl. Seriously. I’ve been reading you for years…living vicariously through your perfect world and you never cease to amaze me.
    Congrats on the six…and congrats on LIVING YOUR LIFE!

11. Alex on May 13th, 2007 9:19 pm

Nice work, six.

I went shopping today and spent close to $100 on myself for Mother’s Day, and I’m not even a mother. Heh.

12. Meg on May 13th, 2007 9:59 pm

I wanna be a size 6! Hell, if I were a size 10, and I’d be thrilled!! Maybe there’s something to this running thing you speak of. Well, at least I started my eating right and exercise thing recently. That should have an affect sooner or later, right?

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

13. Emily on May 13th, 2007 10:18 pm

HELL YEAH, dude! I just got back from the gym, and I know EXACTLY how you feel. So much pain and sweat, but now I feel like a ball of fucking sunshine. Don’t forget to replenish your electrolytes and not eat a giant plate of bacon, like I was tempted to do. And yeah, size 6 is what I call a goddamn accomplishment. Happy Mother’s Day!

14. Jem on May 13th, 2007 11:55 pm

Thats AWESOME! I was going to go for a run this afternoon, but instead I sat on the couch and ate baked potatos and now I feel pretty crap. So I am highly impressed by how much work you’ve done and inspired by you :)

15. stan on May 14th, 2007 1:23 am

Congratulations! The hard work is paying off. But don’t worry too much about the numbers. The real reward is the feeling fit and energetic and…. healthy!
    Don’t be surprised if next time out seems really difficult. I remember pre-season fitness training back in the distant past when I played rugby. Just when I thought I was mastering the sessions and was feeling fit, the next time out I realised I had only just started. Still, on to the next level…. and well done!

16. Niki P. on May 14th, 2007 4:06 am

You rule.

17. Daily Tragedies on May 14th, 2007 7:15 am

Woo hoo! Isn’t the runner’s high an awesome feeling? It doesn’t take long to get there, but it sure is addictive.

Congrats on buying pants in a six!!!

18. claire on May 14th, 2007 7:40 am

So wait… you’re saying that the running has gotten better? Your lungs and legs aren’t feeling shredded anymore?

Cause if that’s true, then maybe i should stop my whining and keep at it. I would like to at least be a size 10 some day… Congrats on the SIX!

19. jenny on May 14th, 2007 8:55 am

wow, that’s awesome. way to go, sundry.

20. jonniker on May 14th, 2007 9:25 am

Oh dude. That’s awesome. I’m so happy for you. A size six is SMALL, lady. That’s so great!!!

21. Karen on May 14th, 2007 10:43 am

Good for you!!! Sounds like a perfect Mother’s Day to me.

22. Amy M. on May 14th, 2007 10:50 am

Congrats on the 6! I’m so jealous! I love that feeling after a great workout!

And what’s up with the laundry? I had to do laundry too! Our men are slacking! ;)

23. victoria on May 14th, 2007 10:56 am

Yay!!! :-)

24. melissaM on May 14th, 2007 11:13 am

And THAT is precisely why I try and run a few times a week…because of the incredible feeling when I get home. Well, that and the fact that I really like to eat.
    Congrats on “getting” it!

25. Her Ladyship on May 14th, 2007 11:14 am

High five, sister! That is awesome.

26. Ang on May 14th, 2007 12:13 pm

SIX! SIX! SIX!…….SIX!

Awesome!

27. Melanie on May 14th, 2007 4:23 pm

Size 6? And the running? You are awesome. I need to get my ass moving harder. My 3 miles a day are done slooooow and drive the husband crazy with the slowness.

28. Buy ambien 12.5 mgm overnight mail md consultation. on November 9th, 2007 7:21 am

Where can i buy ambien for next day delivery.

Ambien buy. Where can i buy ambien for next day delivery. Ambien cr buy online no prescription. Buy ambien online cod. Buy ambien cr. Buy ambien 10. Buy ambien.

29. vitamin gyno dosages for nolvadex on September 19th, 2008 12:44 am

gyno clenbuterol for nolvadex dosages gyno nolvadex for dosages first