Dang it, I meant to include these at the bottom of the preceding post to make up for all the coma-inducing body image talk. Go forth and be entertained!

• 1,500 plus inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center in the Philippines practice their “Thriller” routine

Your Amazon.com Order is Being Prepared for Shipping

• From the New Yorker, “Hey, Look

• De-Animator, the game (tip: shoot for the chest, not the heads!)

• Just in time to sound all Smarty Von Cleverpants at BlogHer: Mashable’s 120+ resources for bloggers

Things that they tell you in breastfeeding class (”Nipples darken as the baby time approaches, so that the wee ones can see them clearly as their tiny orby eyes seek out food. The breast is a lighthouse. The nipple is a big, dark light shining out. This is probably a terrible analogy.”)

Comments

18 Responses to “Linked, lately”

1. Pete on July 23rd, 2007 3:43 pm

The first thing the came to mind when I read “The breast is a lighthouse” was “It was a dark and stormy night”. Don’t as me why.

Wouldn’t a better analogy be “The breast is a glowing sun with the nipple being a sunspot on the surface”?

2. hello insomnia on July 23rd, 2007 3:56 pm

I hate that breastfeeding analogy. It makes me think that my nipples are like the eyes of a bush baby.

3. Pete on July 23rd, 2007 3:59 pm

Which one, Jenna or Barbara?

4. lizshaw on July 23rd, 2007 4:12 pm

Where do I sign up for jail in the Phillipines? It certainly appears to beat going to work, doing laundry, washing dishes, making beds, picking dog poo up in the bag yard, mowing the lawn, etc

5. angela on July 23rd, 2007 4:14 pm

Seriously. Someone just tell me how HP ends. I’ve got a bet riding on this, and I’d like to know if I’ll be $20 richer. I’ve been “reading” book 3 for about a year now, so I’m not gonna get to book 7 anytime soon.

6. Pete on July 23rd, 2007 4:21 pm

Harry Potter turns out to be gay. Him and Voldemort get a loft in Greenwich Village together. At least that’s what I have been telling my son. He finished the book last night (3am) after receiving it Sat afternoon.

7. Jo on July 23rd, 2007 4:39 pm

Lol Pete, you’re so harsh! Thanks for the link to ‘your amazon.com order etc’ sundry, it was gold :)

8. Joanne on July 23rd, 2007 4:53 pm

God, I never thought about that being a reason why ones nipples get so ridiculous. I used to wonder why they made those nipples of ‘natural’ bottles so dark and rubbery. And then I got pregnant and around month 8 I thought, “oh, that’s why”.

9. Jan on July 23rd, 2007 4:54 pm

Re the thriller link:

1. I couldn’t but be a little concerned about the woman in the prison video. She is there with 1500 men, right? Men who are in prison, right? And several of them were copping a feel during that one scene. I’m just saying.

2. When I went to view the video, I couldn’t help myself and I did a search on youtube for “Thriller”. There are over 40,000 videos. I watched the wedding one. Then gave up. Not enough time in my whole, entire lifetime.

10. AndreAnna on July 23rd, 2007 5:31 pm

Oh. My. Sweet. Baby. Jesus. That Thriller thing is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Thanks!

11. erica on July 23rd, 2007 6:52 pm

Chuck Closterman! I laughed so hard I cried. Thanks, Sundry.

12. sundry on July 23rd, 2007 7:22 pm

Jan! Take a closer look at that “woman”. Hee.

13. emily on July 23rd, 2007 8:31 pm

That Simon Rich piece is the balls. IMHO, however, it’s nowhere near as funny as his first piece in the NYer, “The Wisdom of Children,” which hangs in my cubicle and makes me laugh EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Most depressing thing ever: He’s 22 and published. His book is a riot. I guess it probably helps when your dad is Frank Rich.

14. Lisa on July 24th, 2007 3:58 am

That Thriller video totally made my fucking day.

15. Josh on July 24th, 2007 9:39 am

I have played the deanimator game before. If it were the Casbah, it would rock itself. And I only had time to check one of the links during lunch. I chose the Thriller video. Apparently Phillipino prisons are the shit. I’m not much of a dancer, but I suppose it beats synchronized stabbings.

Jan: That was a dude, not a lady. It may seem really fucked up, but if you are going to prison, it is nice to have a good sized herd of tranny man lovers in the yard. It reduces the risk of getting your own poo pushed in. They serve their purpose, at least in lock up.

16. Jennifer on July 24th, 2007 1:52 pm

Yeah, I thought the Thriller “woman” had a bit of a receding hairline…

17. Josh on July 24th, 2007 2:00 pm

I have to say, you have out done yourself with this linkage blog. I checked out every single one (minus the blog support one, which was all Greek to me. I don’t have a real blog, sorry)

Thriller blew my mind so much that I went and showed everyone at my works office right after lunch. They all agreed that there was no reason that should ever happen in real life. I do sort of want to shake the hand of whoever convinced all 1500 inmates to join in with their choreographed dancing though. My coworkers were of the opinion that it was probably the bald tranny who talked everyone into it, just so he/she could get away with a gang grope. Perv. That whole dancing situatiuon would never happen in an American prison.

And while “Hey Look” and the Amazon.com thing both cracked me up, I was suprised that my favorite was the breast feeding blog. I especially laughed when he said the instructor wouldn’t take his question seriously. You have no idea how much more about life I would know right now if my instructors had taken all my questions seriously. In fact, I’m pretty much banking on using the rediculous-but-highly-self-amusing-question approach to get myself out of any/all classes. (Supposing I end up knocking up some woman in the far far distant future, knock on wood)

(That is knock on wood that it doesn’t happen, just in case any of you know God and might have accidentally called in a favor from Big Guns with a well intentioned but completely misplaced prayer or chant or whatever)

18. accessories bmw performance on January 4th, 2012 1:21 pm

I have observed that costs for internet degree gurus tend to be a fantastic value. For example a full Bachelors Degree in Communication from The University of Phoenix Online consists of 60 credits from $515/credit or $30,900. Also American Intercontinental University Online gives a Bachelors of Business Administration with a whole course requirement of 180 units and a cost of $30,560. Online degree learning has made getting the education far less difficult because you can easily earn your current degree through the comfort of your home and when you finish from work. Thanks for all the tips I have learned from your site.